Pandas of DOOM - Alliance Chat

Comments

• yeah, throwing 500 hp at it from 3 different people seems like a better idea than draining one person of 1500+. we'll see how i do in sim, it's still going to leave me short of buying a slot though.
  • for whoever is interested, our alliance ranks:
    main event #76, normal sim #87, hard sim #86

I managed to finish #39, #2, #1, bit of a run up at the end. sinner finished somewhere in the top ten main bracket, #7 i think, but i'm now sure.

thanks all! subs will give everyone 3k iso total, main event will give a yellow *** lazy capt cover and 1500 iso i believe.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2014
    bloodwars wrote:
    yeah, throwing 500 hp at it from 3 different people seems like a better idea than draining one person of 1500+. we'll see how i do in sim, it's still going to leave me short of buying a slot though.

Oh absolutely. But I fear that may happen after the alliances get bigger than 20 people.

Just squeezed past 250K with second to last fight at 4 min left. icon_e_biggrin.gif That was close.

Hey, bloodwars, did you get points total for main event? Played over the end time so didn't see results and I was keeping track until now so just curious. At the end of previous rounds (or a few min before/after) our score was:

round 1 #73 0.48M
    round 2 #72 1.13M
    round 3 #73 1.87M
  • so, i got a question. My IM40 is 532 right now and one of my tokens popped a yellow cover... i'm not really sure i want to use it though - thoughts?

right now i like my IM40 to pair with OBW as a fast healing duo, three blue OR yellow matches = 1 heal, and a lot of times i can get both. i'd love the 13 levels, but then i can never go back to a xx2 IM40 without a LOT of extra covers. i know 454 is also popular and probably better for using IM40 in actual fights. anyways, i have 7 days, so please, advise.
  • no i didn't get point totals, I was just tracking placement. i know the top of my bracket was 270k-ish, so i doubt many, if any people got that 300k daredevil cover. I know you're asking about the alliance totals though. I know i did like 45k round 3 (missed last reset entirely, should have been 55-60k) and 110k for round 4. the round 4 subs were crazy in how fast the point totals climbed... guess because it was over a weekend.
  • Kolence
    I believe he can be very useful with 4 yellow even. Maybe more in PvE, but even in PvP I suppose he is kind of a threat if he menages to recharge all 3 tiles. Haven't yet played with high levels characters but in my games OBW and Punisher loved both green and purple from IM.

It's a tough decision, more speed or more levels and usefulness/helping more characters. You should probably read/skim his thread in Character Discussion too.

About points, I meant total alliance points in the end. I glanced the score near the end to see if I was going to make it, but couldn't say what it was now if they payed me money. Maybe over 3 million something? But never mind.
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    bloodwars wrote:
    so, i got a question. My IM40 is 532 right now and one of my tokens popped a yellow cover... i'm not really sure i want to use it though - thoughts?

right now i like my IM40 to pair with OBW as a fast healing duo, three blue OR yellow matches = 1 heal, and a lot of times i can get both. i'd love the 13 levels, but then i can never go back to a xx2 IM40 without a LOT of extra covers. i know 454 is also popular and probably better for using IM40 in actual fights. anyways, i have 7 days, so please, advise.

Yeah its a tough call, if you want to use him in battle him since one of his biggest assets is being tankie you would want the extra HP and his attacks too obviously. If you miss him for prolog healing you wouldn't have to level a second one but who knows when you'll get 2 more yellow covers lol.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    bloodwars wrote:
    for whoever is interested, our alliance ranks:
    main event #76, normal sim #87, hard sim #86

I managed to finish #39, #2, #1, bit of a run up at the end. sinner finished somewhere in the top ten main bracket, #7 i think, but i'm now sure.

thanks all! subs will give everyone 3k iso total, main event will give a yellow *** lazy capt cover and 1500 iso i believe.

I made a final push this morning, was #1 with 271K with about an hour to go... Not like it really matters but i would not mind getting that IW Yellow. I'll know when I get home.
  • sinnerjfl
    bloodwars wrote:
    so, i got a question. My IM40 is 532 right now and one of my tokens popped a yellow cover... i'm not really sure i want to use it though - thoughts?

I'd use the yellow, lvl 3 is not even that high cost and consider IM40 covers seem pretty rare. If you ever level him up to use him, he'll be more complete and you can level him higher. Dont you sell that cover icon_razz.gif
  • yeah, i think i'll use it, that'll make him 115 and i'll go for 454 i guess. i'm a bit backlogged on iso for leveling now, since i just dumped 38 levels into BP. ***'s are coming along pretty nicely now, and i can use those hulk covers too.

btw, alliance rewards are all in now, so whenever you log, everything will be there.
  • MaxCavalera
    bloodwars wrote:
    yeah, i think i'll use it, that'll make him 115 and i'll go for 454 i guess. i'm a bit backlogged on iso for leveling now, since i just dumped 38 levels into BP. ***'s are coming along pretty nicely now, and i can use those hulk covers too.

btw, alliance rewards are all in now, so whenever you log, everything will be there.

Yeah it all adds up quite nicely went from no ISO to 16k. Yay for no refresh to plan =)
  • MaxCavalera
    So what teams are people rolling out for the heros tournament? My A team right now is:
    141, 3/5/5 Punisher
    125, 3/5/5 Patch
    85, 3/5/5 OBW

I want to get some new guys into the mix but old habits die hard heh.
  • i'll probably go:
    115 thor 434
    115 panther 434
    85 obw 355

last time i used 102 thor/im40, but no one's afraid of im or level 100s in my mmr.
  • I'll be using my 2* still.
    *sniff*

Hopefully I'll get some 3* worthy soon enough. Closest is BP with 323. That's not enough.

On the flip side, with the exception of OBW (grrr) I have all the 2s of any use maxed. Even got my last mag now cover. He is sick with classic storm. Sick.
  • sinnerjfl
    Dang, finished Top 10 in the main simulator... I mean, that's not bad but no IW, oh well.

Blue spider-man out of one of the Heroic tokens, woooo icon_e_biggrin.gif And holy ****, that is a lot of ISO that came in, sweet.

I'm not sure I can even compete in Fearless Defenders, my main characters are almost all villains.
  • MaxCavalera
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    Dang, finished Top 10 in the main simulator... I mean, that's not bad but no IW, oh well.

Blue spider-man out of one of the Heroic tokens, woooo icon_e_biggrin.gif And holy ****, that is a lot of ISO that came in, sweet.

I'm not sure I can even compete in Fearless Defenders, my main characters are almost all villains.

*BOOOT*

lol
  • sinner, you have obw/spidey/punisher/wolverine that are decent. you'll be easy pickings for your mmr, but put up a tank team so you can lower your mmr for the end run. take your trash characters and get them killed against random enemies in the pvp event. as long as you lose lots of health, your mmr should dive. get everyone killed before going to bed. be a murderhobo.

also congrats, i think almost everyone got 3 captain covers.
  • sinnerjfl
    My MMR was getting really high already... Started downing my whole roster in the shield training thingie, it's really entertaining with 30 chars icon_lol.gif

I'll try to get some points to the alliance... I could try to level Patch, he's 55 and I have 22k ISO, wonder what level that would get him to.
  • Kolence
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    My MMR was getting really high already... Started downing my whole roster in the shield training thingie, it's really entertaining with 30 chars icon_lol.gif

I'll try to get some points to the alliance... I could try to level Patch, he's 55 and I have 22k ISO, wonder what level that would get him to.

That would bring him to 74 or 75 according to that table in calculator:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ams8l75KESRddC1hcFp5UjB4cEVLXzlQU1pRY24zMFE&usp=sharing&pli=1#gid=0
  • also make sure to beat the ai teams in the event, save a lvl 1 team and use your crappest characters to beat them, so other people will see you as a free lunch.

i can't wait till my thor is 141, eating spiders will be a lot easier at that point. too bad my spiderman is level 38.