Heroic jugg discussion

Comments

• The event end time is really bad. It clashes with work timing and with this it probably mean that the thor pvp event is almost unplayable with 1/1/1 thor being mandatory.
  • Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I feel like an idiot and didn't realize you can stack boosts. I was reading these +3 to X boosts and I was confused. Thanks guys, this event got easier. (til I run out of boosts)
  • I hate the way they nerfed wolvey.

So dumb. Why not let him heal back to 100% with yellow matches?

So now when he gets beat down to 50% he can be one shot killed which is so un-wolvey like. He's basically unkillable in the comics so let it be the same way here.

Or like I wrote, let him heal back up to 100% with yellow matches.
  • Anyone else finding the points per fight fluctuating up and down weirdly quickly?

I go in a fight and by the time I finish it's up or down 50 to 100 points.
  • I give up on this mode. They give us the a 'buffed' Thor that is worse than my 85 2* Thor and a cast of 'heroes' that are maxed at 1600 health if you want to get a decent rainbow team. On top of that, they have innocuous 'soldiers' that one shot any of my characters if the board is not tilted in my favor. I would hate to read a Marvel comic just to find out that Wolverine, Thor and Storm (or any other combination) were 'downed' by faceless 'soldiers', 'lieutenants' and 'pyros'. I actually thought that these characters were special...guess I was wrong.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Eddiemon wrote:
    morgh wrote:
    How should one be approaching the rubberbanded nodes? I mean which nodes should I do first with for example nodes at ~450, 150 and 250 - I read that I should first do the most valuable ones to get the max out of rubberbanding multiplier, however I think that when I did so first, the rest of nodes lost damn big amount of points... now when I started with lower value nodes first, the higher value nodes did not lose as much and the total gained seemed more favourable...

High values are slightly better than lower values. There is a math thread somewhere here that explains it.

Points start reducing linearly once you are in range of the leader. For the event we worked it out on it went from 10x multiplier at 4000 points behind to a 1x multiplier at 400 points behind.

Starting at 4000 points behind
    If you did 3 missions with 100 base points you would get 1000, 750 and 550 points for each mission. That's 300 base points and 2000 bonus points.
    If you did 1 mission with 300 base points you would get 3000 points, 300 base points and 2700 bonus points.

When you are more than 4000 points behind it doesn't matter what you do, you get 10x bonus. Once you are within 400 points it doesn't matter because you get base points. But in that 3600 point window where your bonus is decreasing you want to fill the window with as many bonus points as possible and that means high base value missions.

Thank you very much - this really helped me a lot.

Now - does rubberbanding actually mean that people who play every refresh (12/8 hours) will NOT get more points then the person who starts 15 hours before end and again 3 hours before end?
    The only benefit of playing early/every refresh would be the option to play lower levels and deplete node rewards?
  • Here comes the rubber banding ... I am doooomed.

Edit: fell from 4th to 24th in 15 minutes. Ugh
  • Whoopy. A round 2 is coming I'm so excited! = sarcasm.
  • Ahahahahahah, I was #200+ during the last set of refreshes, and now I finished in first. I consider that a violent slam dunk that makes me feel like a big-**** man. \[T]/
  • Round 2...
  • Good lord, I basically spent the cover cost for Lazy Thor in buying health packs to ensure that I managed to end up in the top 100. Not sure it was worth it but I put in so much grinding over three days I couldn't bear not to get it.
  • SO CLOSE! icon_razz.gif

like 250 points off my first 4* cover. Drat you, IronPanther!

Ah well. Least I'm set for Lord of Thunder tomorrow. icon_e_smile.gif
  • morgh wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:
    morgh wrote:
    How should one be approaching the rubberbanded nodes? I mean which nodes should I do first with for example nodes at ~450, 150 and 250 - I read that I should first do the most valuable ones to get the max out of rubberbanding multiplier, however I think that when I did so first, the rest of nodes lost damn big amount of points... now when I started with lower value nodes first, the higher value nodes did not lose as much and the total gained seemed more favourable...

High values are slightly better than lower values. There is a math thread somewhere here that explains it.

Points start reducing linearly once you are in range of the leader. For the event we worked it out on it went from 10x multiplier at 4000 points behind to a 1x multiplier at 400 points behind.

Starting at 4000 points behind
    If you did 3 missions with 100 base points you would get 1000, 750 and 550 points for each mission. That's 300 base points and 2000 bonus points.
    If you did 1 mission with 300 base points you would get 3000 points, 300 base points and 2700 bonus points.

When you are more than 4000 points behind it doesn't matter what you do, you get 10x bonus. Once you are within 400 points it doesn't matter because you get base points. But in that 3600 point window where your bonus is decreasing you want to fill the window with as many bonus points as possible and that means high base value missions.

Thank you very much - this really helped me a lot.

Now - does rubberbanding actually mean that people who play every refresh (12/8 hours) will NOT get more points then the person who starts 15 hours before end and again 3 hours before end?
    The only benefit of playing early/every refresh would be the option to play lower levels and deplete node rewards?

Others earned in a few hours what I accumulated over days. I had 13,000 points earlier when someone just started, ran it clear without grinding, and ended up with 17,000 and 13 hours left in the event.

I am joining late next round.
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Justdangit wrote:
    Round 2...

wot
  • First place.
  • You can basically think of events as this one where having the most base points on the final refresh wins, and the tiebreaker goes to guys who had more points before the refresh. That is, if you had more base points in the final refresh you probably are going to get #1, but that's easier said than done. If I can beat some of the hardest mission 5 more times I'd have #1 easy (finished #6), but that's not something you can just do whenever you feel like it. That's why having an early lead is important, though it only really matters for the top 5 or so finishes.
  • Phantron wrote:
    You can basically think of events as this one where having the most base points on the final refresh wins, and the tiebreaker goes to guys who had more points before the refresh. That is, if you had more base points in the final refresh you probably are going to get #1, but that's easier said than done. If I can beat some of the hardest mission 5 more times I'd have #1 easy (finished #6), but that's not something you can just do whenever you feel like it. That's why having an early lead is important, though it only really matters for the top 5 or so finishes.

What was first place's point total in your event?
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was in the top #100 this morning, grind and boosted my way until #10 a minute before the event closed. Not sure if I want to grind so hard for the next Juggs event - it's so hard when most of my game-restricted roster are below level 40 and the mobs are double their levels. >.<
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Ugh, just needed five more minutes and would have snagged 2nd. First had 27200.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, at least I ended up where I wanted to on this one, just top 200 so I could get the fifth blue cstorm and 1500 iso. Good enough for light playing as I've focused more on the Lord of Thor event today.