Heroic jugg discussion

Options

Comments

• Il Palazzo wrote:
    Grinded to 1st place, went to sleep 4 hours before the end (because staying up to 5 or 6 am is no go for workdays), ended top 50 icon_eek.gif

I relate. I grinded all weekend until I was 4th, went to sleep 2 hours from the end (at 3am - still pretty crazy) and woke up to see I finished only top 50. I was hoping for at least 2 lazyThors. Very disappointed. I couldn't have missed more than one reset cycle.
  • Madmanami wrote:
    Curious to see who we get to use in round 2.

Still using the same token as round one, I imagine the lineup is the same.
  • Hopefully with the next set of token rewards I will get a 3 star cover.
  • Milkrain wrote:
    Il Palazzo wrote:
    Grinded to 1st place, went to sleep 4 hours before the end (because staying up to 5 or 6 am is no go for workdays), ended top 50 icon_eek.gif

I relate. I grinded all weekend until I was 4th, went to sleep 2 hours from the end (at 3am - still pretty crazy) and woke up to see I finished only top 50. I was hoping for at least 2 lazyThors. Very disappointed. I couldn't have missed more than one reset cycle.

Me too. Went to bed #5, woke up to top 100! Curse of the timezone. I'm hoping round 2 finishes at a more convenient time.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    allorin wrote:
    Milkrain wrote:
    Il Palazzo wrote:

Me too. Went to bed #5, woke up to top 100! Curse of the timezone. I'm hoping round 2 finishes at a more convenient time.
    My bracket had a mad 1000-point surge in the last 40 minutes. I was able to keep up, though, cuz America, but had to OBW-heal in Prologue due to errant enemy cascades on Juggs + Daken missions.

That said, my refresh timing was completely borked for Heroic Juggs, and I know I didn't just mistime most of my refreshes, but completely missed at least one. I was pleasantly surprised that I managed #8 while only grinding the right-most third of the node map. I blame/credit FD for occupying all the diehards just long enough to negate my lack of timing.
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My nightly downfall was just incredible. Stopped playing sitting on rank #7, didn't expect to keep that place of course, but hoping for at least one Thor cover in the morning. When I woke up, I was presented with... a Classic Storm and a congratulation for top 200 placement. Dear Storm, you can go tinykitty yourself, gimme back my Lazy God! icon_evil.gif
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Il Palazzo wrote:

Exactly the same here, with 26k points I was first with 4 hours to go. And this morning I saw I ended top 50 just like you. I knew I wasn't going to finish first, but I was hoping top 20 at least.

What I really don't like in this game is that you don't know your exact position, and the amount of points the winner scored when an event finishes. Very difficult to plan and to know what happened when something goes wrong (I ended up 21 or 49? It is a big difference If I want to be top 20 this second time).
  • GumisK wrote:
    My nightly downfall was just incredible. Stopped playing sitting on rank #7, didn't expect to keep that place of course, but hoping for at least one Thor cover in the morning. When I woke up, I was presented with... a Classic Storm and a congratulation for top 200 placement. Dear Storm, you can go tinykitty yourself, gimme back my Lazy God! icon_evil.gif
    Ouch icon_e_sad.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    So, we're better off not joining right away but waiting till 2-3 hours left in a refresh, then grind the highest point missions, rinse and repeat each refresh? I'm so bad at this metagame thing.
  • GumisK
    Options
    locked wrote:
    So, we're better off not joining right away but waiting till 2-3 hours left in a refresh, then grind the highest point missions, rinse and repeat each refresh? I'm so bad at this metagame thing.

I consider myself a casual type of player, and when I'm required to perform such calculations and plan my time dedication with so much precision in order to be succesful, my reaction is simple - "Screw you, guys, I'm going home". Guess I'll have to settle for low placements in this Heroic. It is dumb as hell, though, that you need to plan your whole day around a mobile game. I wish the devs would do something about it (which they won't).
  • Got top 150, which for me was great. Flirted with top 100 (got to 107) but was in bed before the end of the event so had no real chance there.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:

Maybe. There may be value in blitzing everything early if it is low level so you unlock all the missions for later.
  • GumisK wrote:
    locked wrote:

I consider myself a casual type of player, and when I'm required to perform such calculations and plan my time dedication with so much precision in order to be succesful, my reaction is simple - "Screw you, guys, I'm going home". Guess I'll have to settle for low placements in this Heroic. It is dumb as hell, though, that you need to plan your whole day around a mobile game. I wish the devs would do something about it (which they won't).

But what's the alternative? More rubberbanding? I think those who dedicate time and/or money to MPQ events should also fare better. Not much, but at least a bit so they feel rewarded for their effort. I wouldn't mind "lesser" placement myself if I played casually through the whole event but now when I invested heavily with time and spending ISO on mediocre characters just to be able to compete, dropping from top10 to top200 just in 6 hours before the end feels like too much. Only way to prevent that would've been scouting around the closing time like some mad eBayer but thanks to my time zone I had to sleep.

Rubberbanding is fine as an idea BUT it should count way less than it does here. Just my opinion.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They did do away with rubberbanding for one event (or was it two?)
    But at that point level scaling was severely broken - worked for me in the event though, think I got first. icon_mrgreen.gif
    Then they decided to go back to rubberbanding.
  • Ariakos wrote:

Rubberbanding is fine as an idea BUT it should count way less than it does here. Just my opinion.

Very true if you cannot play in the last 6 hours because it finishes at 5am local time rubber banding going to hit you hard. At least this round finishes at a good time for me 22:00 GMT so going the 2 refresh route. One before work and one after work on the final day.
  • I turned in about an hour and a half before it ended in 33rd and stayed top 50. I'll probably start round 2 this evening but I'm not going to be able to participate as much in round 2. I guess now that my Volstagg is up to 0/1/2 and 28th level, he'll be a bit more effective.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Round 2 is as boring as Round 1. And if the remaining levels are the same, I'm in for some pain from high level Yelena, Daken and Mags missions.
  • kensterr wrote:
    Round 2 is as boring as Round 1. And if the remaining levels are the same, I'm in for some pain from high level Yelena, Daken and Mags missions.
    well if u got more thor covers from round 1, this round should be technically easier icon_e_surprised.gif ....and besides u kinda knew round 2 was going to be exactly the same as round 1 (except maybe the rewards)
  • What are the prizes now?

Any change to progression rewards?
  • GumisK
    Options
    I haven't noticed anything new. Both progression rewards and placement rewards seem to be structured exactly the same as Round 1. Lazy Thor tournament, lazy devs tournament? icon_e_confused.gif
    Seriously, though, I'll bore my butt off. I guess we all expected something new, even a slight change, and got nothing. Damn.