Heroic jugg discussion

Options

Comments

• Hanging on to my 2* Wolverine has made all the difference here. At lvl 85 his red attack hits for close to 3000 damage and his nerfed feral claws still put out a ton of strike tiles if you are saving for his slash. He is no longer viable in PVP, but his PVE performance is still top-notch.

Best paired with an IM40 x/x/3-4.
  • Rajjeq wrote:
    Sadly I hate all of those characters(MHawkeye, Awolv & Cap). And I'm not going to dump iso into characters I hate.

I don't blame you. I dumped a bunch of ISO into Captain America a long time ago for a short-term event and never used him again.

Even in this event, even though he is lvl 60, I am using lvl 40 Psylocke, MBW and MStorm instead.
  • Rajjeq wrote:
    Sadly I hate all of those characters(MHawkeye, Awolv & Cap). And I'm not going to dump iso into characters I hate.

Oh, I'm not so fond of them either. But these PvE events seem to throw some irritating restrictions every now and then. I think it wiser to do some meta gaming and level those not-so-interesting guys to average levels. Even if it slows my 3* character progression a bit until the next ISO-rich PvE tournament.
  • Captain America is a good tile remover even at level 6. His blue is usually as good as MBW's stun when fighting goons since there's usually only 1 or 2 problematic tiles you actually need to remove, and being able to outright remove a tile is about as useful as stunning whoever owns that tile for 5 turns.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Captain America is indeed a good character against countdown tiles. Now if only they would boost the damage on his red, lower the cost on his yellow, he would actually be a viable 2*. Apparently this is good too complicated to implement (seriously?).

Noticed something else too. Playing with a 85 Wolverine, his strike tiles are way way too weak now. They seriously need to re-balance them because they are almost useless. The base damage of feral claws is freaking more useful than the strike tiles ffs.
  • IM40 works great with the Cap'n in the countdown fights. IM40's yellow recharges blue and red (starting at 2nd yellow cover) and the Cap'n gets AP returned for those abilities (can target countdown tiles when maxed) so you can just match the countdown tiles and any you miss that make it to 1 on the timer, just pop em with the Cap'n.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Captain America is a good tile remover even at level 6. His blue is usually as good as MBW's stun when fighting goons since there's usually only 1 or 2 problematic tiles you actually need to remove, and being able to outright remove a tile is about as useful as stunning whoever owns that tile for 5 turns.

Cap's blue actually neuters two goons at once if you think about it. Stun one and remove another's CD.
  • MHawkeye is both my bane & savior this pve. He is my only decent damage dealer, but counting down those tiles & hoping they aren't matched by the enemy is giving me a mild heart attack. It would be awesome if they made another character with a passive skill that prevents your countdown tiles from being matched/removed.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's called "intimidation" of Hood... bring all your CDs to 1 ;p
  • mouser wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Captain America is a good tile remover even at level 6. His blue is usually as good as MBW's stun when fighting goons since there's usually only 1 or 2 problematic tiles you actually need to remove, and being able to outright remove a tile is about as useful as stunning whoever owns that tile for 5 turns.

Cap's blue actually neuters two goons at once if you think about it. Stun one and remove another's CD.

Yes, but it takes pretty long to get all the AP to get him going the goons shell out tiles at insane speed. And if it's suppressing fire you just never get to the amount you need. The 3 soldier setup comes with bonus feature you never knowing which goon to kill to get that counter on 1 away.
  • Rajjeq wrote:

At this point it is almost worth it based on how often they Force Cap and MHawkeye as buffed/only option characters
  • Wow. It's fantastic when a mission I haven't even done yet is already ranked Deadly. The scaling in this game is god awful at times.
  • I did well enough in Jugg 1 and Hulk that I now have a 2/2/2 Lazythor which boosts to 141 and now has powers that are actually useful. I'll manage without the **** guys. I simply refuse to spend the time/effort to get iso to level people I can't stand. I won't do it.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    Wow. It's fantastic when a mission I haven't even done yet is already ranked Deadly. The scaling in this game is god awful at times.
    This does not bode well for my plan to enter tomorrow. icon_eek.gif
    Rajjeq wrote:
    I did well enough in Jugg 1 and Hulk that I now have a 2/2/2 Lazythor which boosts to 141 and now has powers that are actually useful. I'll manage without the **** guys. I simply refuse to spend the time/effort to get iso to level people I can't stand. I won't do it.
    Yeah, don't level them unless you have to. After this PvE, I doubt you'll need any of them (except for PvE-loving Cap) anytime soon.
  • The nodes generally get easier as time passes. People will try an die and the math will kick in.
  • I still haven't gotten any of the New Thor because I suck at PvP events.
  • RichHurtz wrote:
    I still haven't gotten any of the New Thor because I suck at PvP events.

Has there been any thor pvp rewards? The thor I got were from hulk and jugg pve events.
  • Microtom wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:
    I still haven't gotten any of the New Thor because I suck at PvP events.

Has there been any thor pvp rewards? The thor I got were from hulk and jugg pve events.

There have not been except as progression reward in this Thor tournament.
  • Got the third cap cover this week from the heroic token.

This game really wants me to level Captain America. At least I have him in ideal configuration, 5/3/5.
  • mbpm1 wrote:
    Got the third cap cover this week from the heroic token.

This game really wants me to level Captain America. At least I have him in ideal configuration, 5/3/5.

I would argue vehemently that his proper build is 3/5/5. His strength lies in his ability to overrright countdown tiles, and that build lets him do his job.