Heroic jugg discussion

Options

Comments

• due to the last round, 28K will be the safe spot for top5
  • Looking at the results I see that not bothering with this one was the right choice... On to ignoring round 2.

They locked out too many characters and I sold my Wolverine.
  • I was at #1 around 1.5 hours before the end of the tourney. I checked back an hour later and was below Top 10. I made a mad dash to Top 10 but the rate at which I was getting points was unfortunately less than the rate at which the guys below me were. I went from 11th to 8th to 12th over the course of 2 matches and ended up with 2 Thor covers. Oh well, I was going hard for 3 covers but I'm fine with 2. I had a fair chance and just failed, so I don't really feel as bad as a lot of you

It makes me feel a bit better that I'm missing out on his worst power and I'll likely be able to win 1 red when lazy Thor gets offered as a tourney reward
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm just going for the progression rewards this time around, as there's no point grinding for points when this second round ends at 6am my time. Having said that if I grind hard enough and get into top 10, there's always a possibility I will drop into top 50 and still get a cover. icon_e_smile.gif
  • GumisK wrote:
    Seriously, though, I'll bore my butt off. I guess we all expected something new, even a slight change, and got nothing. Damn.

This is a common thing they do (in short events) to allow people in different time zones to have a better chance at prizes.
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    GumisK wrote:
    Seriously, though, I'll bore my butt off. I guess we all expected something new, even a slight change, and got nothing. Damn.

This is a common thing they do (in short events) to allow people in different time zones to have a better chance at prizes.

In PvP, yeah, I got used to firing off two identical tourneys back to back, but two identical PvE rounds? I can't recall that happening before.
  • I'm very new to this rubberbanding and refresh stuff. Does the refresh time depends on when I have joined the tournament or is it the same time for everyone?
    For example: when I join 16 hours before ending,will it refresh 4 hours before it ends?
    And when I join 15 hours before,will it refresh 3 hours before it ends?

And the modifier and the points seem also very complicated.
    Should we start with the high value or the low value missions?
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Tatli wrote:
    I'm very new to this rubberbanding and refresh stuff. Does the refresh time depends on when I have joined the tournament or is it the same time for everyone?
    For example: when I join 16 hours before ending,will it refresh 4 hours before it ends?

Refreshes based off when you complete the mission the last time. IE- you complete mission 1 with 15 hours it is ready at 3hours. You beat missions 2 for the last time at 14 hours so it's rdy at 2 hours. I mean you beat it one single time, not clear it.
    If you beat mission 1 at 14 hours then against at 13 it's rdy at 1 hour.

Do highest points 1st typically.
  • radav
    radav Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This is ending at 6am? Damn, with how severe the rubberbanding was in this event I think I might just sit this one out there's no way I'll stay within the top 100 if things are anything like the end to last night's event. Oh well, lazy Thor will have to sit at 2/2/2 for the time being.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    radav wrote:
    This is ending at 6am? Damn, with how severe the rubberbanding was in this event I think I might just sit this one out there's no way I'll stay within the top 100 if things are anything like the end to last night's event. Oh well, lazy Thor will have to sit at 2/2/2 for the time being.
    6am GMT+8 time - so not sure what timezone you're in.
  • Tatli wrote:
    I'm very new to this rubberbanding and refresh stuff. Does the refresh time depends on when I have joined the tournament or is it the same time for everyone?

Refreshes based off when you complete the mission the last time. IE- you complete mission 1 with 15 hours it is ready at 3hours. You beat missions 2 for the last time at 14 hours so it's rdy at 2 hours. I mean you beat it one single time, not clear it.

Soooo the first time is not important,but the last time?
    If I start at 15 hours and play 1 hour on,the refresh is at 2 hours,right?
  • Tatli wrote:

I am dumb, I still do not understand this. I have joined the event about an hour ago, and did the first three missions once each (the first one is complete so won't refresh obv). If I don't attempt them again, when is the refresh likely to kick in?
  • Hah, practically a double post, sorry.
  • Wow. 1st opening fight for me is level 150 and marked trivial...... Right...... Guess I'll be sitting out round 2. In round one this fight was level 30 for me. Such ****.
  • So I tried to complete one more mission to ensure a top 100 placing last night, but was unable to finish. I received the standard "first time completion bonus" message, which was not surprising. However, upon checking MPQ this morning, I received a message that I had reached 100 points and got a standard recruit token. Apparently, completing that mission past the timer automatically made me part of round 2, as I checked and I was ranked 749 despite not playing round 2 at all. Did anyone else have this happen? The only good news is that I managed to get Lazy thor.
  • Tatli wrote:

I am dumb, I still do not understand this. I have joined the event about an hour ago, and did the first three missions once each (the first one is complete so won't refresh obv). If I don't attempt them again, when is the refresh likely to kick in?

If it's got the green arrows for rewards complete points will still refresh.

@tatli yes, you got it. It would be rdy again at 2 hours. On some events they might run an 8 hour instead of a 12 but typically this is how things work.
  • Oletheos wrote:
    Wow. 1st opening fight for me is level 150 and marked trivial...... Right...... Guess I'll be sitting out round 2. In round one this fight was level 30 for me. Such ****.

You should be given a lvl 205 lazy Thor to use so shouldnt be too difficult
  • Oletheos wrote:
    Wow. 1st opening fight for me is level 150 and marked trivial...... Right...... Guess I'll be sitting out round 2. In round one this fight was level 30 for me. Such ****.

The opening fight is a beefed up juggernaut where you are given a beefed up Thor. It's not the trend once you best it.
  • Yeah I cried wolf before I played. It was a cake walk and the next node is level 26. Yay
  • Oletheos wrote:

The opening fight is a beefed up juggernaut where you are given a beefed up Thor. It's not the trend once you best it.

Yep, the first also started with exactly 150 jugs that the loaner fully evolved thor in all his glory ate for breakfast.