Heroic jugg discussion

Options

Comments

• mbpm1 wrote:
    Got the third cap cover this week from the heroic token.

This game really wants me to level Captain America. At least I have him in ideal configuration, 5/3/5.

His ideal configuration is 3/5/5.
  • Chimaera wrote:
    mbpm1 wrote:

This game really wants me to level Captain America. At least I have him in ideal configuration, 5/3/5.

I would argue vehemently that his proper build is 3/5/5. His strength lies in his ability to overrright countdown tiles, and that build lets him do his job.
    Actually you're probably right. I eyeballed his powers just for a moment and thought for a second that the red seemed pretty meh.

But i keep forgetting how horribly expensive yellow is. Seriously, what the hell.
  • mbpm1 wrote:
    Chimaera wrote:
    mbpm1 wrote:

I would argue vehemently that his proper build is 3/5/5. His strength lies in his ability to overrright countdown tiles, and that build lets him do his job.
    Actually you're probably right. I eyeballed his powers just for a moment and thought for a second that the red seemed pretty meh.

But i keep forgetting how horribly expensive yellow is. Seriously, what the hell.

Not only is it expensive, but by the time you use it you rarely benefit from the damage reduction. It's mostly useful for creating critical tiles (since any two yellow tiles placed near one another generates a critical tile with the 3 you can place with shield).

BUT: The key to Red is not really the damage, nor the AP return, but that at level 5, along with blue, you can overwrite any tile on the board. It makes Cap an incredibly useful player against goons (so he is useless in PVP but can be a saviour in the mid game against goons). The AP return also happens to be nice. If you have an enemy low enough on health, you can whack him with the shield, knock him out, and then when the AP returns, you might have saved up enough for a more powerful red attack (from someone like Wolverine) to take out more powerful goons.

His attack also pairs nicely with 2* Wolverine's green attack. You use Wolvie's green, you then use the now strike tile boosted red shield attack, and when the AP returns, you have more red AP saved up for use with feral claws for yet more strike tiles, and then you can again use adamantium slash or whatever other powerful red skill you want.
  • I'm going to chime in on the discussion about Captain America. I currently have him at 5/5/3, which I feel works out for my particular team set-up, as in particular in this event I don't have any characters that have a yellow skill, and when it's maxed I can usually line the yellow tiles up to take down any counters and I might be able to have enough AP to use it again. If you want to use it straight for the protect tiles, they can be decent too. I have him at level 42 and 4 protect tiles can take off almost 300 damage. At the very least it creates cascades/critical tiles which I find very useful. His red at 5 can also overwrite any goon tiles and the damage is decent and the AP return means I can fire it off at the very least in another 3 turns. I find that I will basically always have a character with a better blue that can be used for a lower AP cost, such as MBW stun which only costs 9 when maxed, so due to having red be able to do the overwrite job already I don't need two skills with the same purpose.
  • Anyone here missing nodes in the heroic jugg event? I did all the nodes once last night, woke up this morning to find 5 of the nodes dissapeared and no way to get them back. Tried restarting the app on my phone but no help.
  • Did you do then before or after the event reset? This is now the second round of that event. If you did do them in the second round then you should probably put in a ticket for support.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm going to chime in on the discussion about Captain America. I currently have him at 5/5/3, which I feel works out for my particular team set-up, as in particular in this event I don't have any characters that have a yellow skill, and when it's maxed I can usually line the yellow tiles up to take down any counters and I might be able to have enough AP to use it again. If you want to use it straight for the protect tiles, they can be decent too. I have him at level 42 and 4 protect tiles can take off almost 300 damage. At the very least it creates cascades/critical tiles which I find very useful. His red at 5 can also overwrite any goon tiles and the damage is decent and the AP return means I can fire it off at the very least in another 3 turns. I find that I will basically always have a character with a better blue that can be used for a lower AP cost, such as MBW stun which only costs 9 when maxed, so due to having red be able to do the overwrite job already I don't need two skills with the same purpose.

Probably more the case of your particular roster. If you have a full roster of characters, both LThor and IM40 are better and cheaper yellow options in this event. And the same argument about Blue can be applied just as easily to Red--you should almost always have a character with a better Red option. Having both Red and Blue tile overwrite abilities simply gives you more flexibility.
  • Did you do then before or after the event reset? This is now the second round of that event. If you did do them in the second round then you should probably put in a ticket for support.

The second heroic jugg round. The nodes that dissapeared are really random, the first node on the top branch, the first 3 nodes on the bottom branch, and the first node of the branch on the right hand side. Weird.
  • Question time. Because I did not have the roster to do these 2 events, i cant bear to level up the Cap'n, i purposely went into a few games and lost. Will my pve mmr be easier the next time cause of this?
  • Question for those who have been leveling their chubbythors: Have you noticed any marked increase in scaling? I haven't started this round yet and am curious.
  • mouser wrote:
    Probably more the case of your particular roster. If you have a full roster of characters, both LThor and IM40 are better and cheaper yellow options in this event. And the same argument about Blue can be applied just as easily to Red--you should almost always have a character with a better Red option. Having both Red and Blue tile overwrite abilities simply gives you more flexibility.
    That's fair. I only have one cover of Lazy Thor and IM40 (green and blue, respectively), so they're in no way in usable condition. Before I won the Thor cover in the event I was basically running Cap/MBW/Storm or switching out Cap for Wolverine in a few particular nodes where using his red ability was like a one shot kill. Either way, Cap's blue wouldn't have been much use. Outside of this event before I had levelled up regular Thor, I was doing Cap/C.Storm/Magneto (Now), where his was the only yellow skill.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    His attack also pairs nicely with 2* Wolverine's green attack. You use Wolvie's green, you then use the now strike tile boosted red shield attack
    Can you explain how this works? I'm not familiar with this tactic. Do you target a friendly strike tile? Or do the strike tiles just increase Cap's red attack by default?
  • vudu3 wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    His attack also pairs nicely with 2* Wolverine's green attack. You use Wolvie's green, you then use the now strike tile boosted red shield attack
    Can you explain how this works? I'm not familiar with this tactic. Do you target a friendly strike tile? Or do the strike tiles just increase Cap's red attack by default?

The number of strike tiles Wolvie's green puts out is based on how much red ap you have. So save some up, cast Wolvies green while you have red, use Cap's red which causes damage so it is boosted by the strike tiles, wait for his countdown to return your red ap before thinking about casting Wolvie's green again, rinse and repeat.
  • I second 5/5/3 or 5/4/4 Cap build. His ONLY useful ability is his yellow, so why not play to his strength? It has a unique effect with the fifth cover,and if you are down to having to use his red/blue (regardless of your spec) you have probably lost already. I'm 5/4/4 and have never missed the points in red/blue.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    jozier wrote:

Strike tiles enhance every damaging ability you use.
  • I second 5/5/3 or 5/4/4 Cap build. His ONLY useful ability is his yellow, so why not play to his strength? It has a unique effect with the fifth cover,and if you are down to having to use his red/blue (regardless of your spec) you have probably lost already. I'm 5/4/4 and have never missed the points in red/blue.

The only reason I beat the 3 goon Mission that was at level 14x was because of Cap's overwritten tiles at 3/5/5, forget the node name not currently in a bracket. Lower leg 3rd from the start. No other usable character can do what Cap did there besides CMag.

Huh? The 5th cover simply ups the number of tiles you can create to 4 from 3 unless I'm missing something. Blue and Red are infinitely more versatile given that you can eventually continually stun an entire team while overwriting all countdown tiles.
  • Yes, Cap's red/blue are infinitely more versatile than....... nothing. He is the best red/blue user on your team.... if the rest of your team is dead. Fact is, you don't ever want to be using his red/blue abilities. At least his yellow can start/continue cascades. 3/5/5 helps you not lose to countdown tiles. 5/x/x helps you not lose to villains. Well, slightly. Lol.
  • I disagree but to each their own. I find him incredibly useful in this PVE if I don't want to rely on BW's stun which is more expensive and can't overwrite tiles.
  • Oh good GODS, Daken is kicking my a** this round. lvl 153, 83 damage strike tiles, healing for over a hundred a turn. On top of a lieutenant and a soldier rapidfiring tiles.

I have no idea if I can actually kill this guy.