Heroic jugg discussion

Options

Comments

• Oh good GODS, Daken is kicking my a** this round. lvl 153, 83 damage strike tiles, healing for over a hundred a turn. On top of a lieutenant and a soldier rapidfiring tiles.

I have no idea if I can actually kill this guy.
    Without boosts You probably can't.

I used +150% dmg to HAMMER, which I was hoarding. After killing Lieutenant and Soldier, getting rid of Daken is much easier.
  • MBW works well for the Daken + friends fight. You just need a small miracle to fend off all the various CD tiles while collecting 9 blue, and then unload on Daken when you have about 4 strong moves. Note that you should stun Daken ASAP even if you're not ready to kill him yet because that stops him from generating even more red strike tiles which will quickly overwhelm you, not to mention having the other side not moving the board is a huge advantage.

Captain America combos well with any strike tile. Assuming the enemy is not capable of destroying your countdown tiles (which is generally true in an all goons or at most 1 villian battle), you can basically think of Captain America's red as 1 red AP for 100 damage (assuming you've him at a very low level, like I do). That's not all that impressive but if you got 100 damage of strike tiles, now it is 200 damage per red which puts it in a very select range. Sure you can't do it every turn and it's still less than Wolverine's red, but presumably you're also using the red to remove tiles (otherwise why have Captain?), so getting a top notch red ratio attack while removing enemy CD tiles is a pretty good deal. Granted most of the time I just forget Captain America even has a red, though that's because his blue is usually sufficient to lock down the board once it gets going in a 0 or 1 villian fight.
  • Oh good GODS, Daken is kicking my a** this round. lvl 153, 83 damage strike tiles, healing for over a hundred a turn. On top of a lieutenant and a soldier rapidfiring tiles.

I have no idea if I can actually kill this guy.

Last round mine was at 160 and I never dared to approach. Then eventually went down to 140 and I took it with luck and MBW and boosts. Then even without boosts. The board is significant, if you go in bare can just retreat immediately or in few turns and heal up in prologue then repeat until get better.

Pushing IM40 to lvl70 helped me a lot in this PVE. (5/5/3)
  • I'm going to chime in on the discussion about Captain America. I currently have him at 5/5/3, which I feel works out for my particular team set-up, as in particular in this event I don't have any characters that have a yellow skill, and when it's maxed I can usually line the yellow tiles up to take down any counters and I might be able to have enough AP to use it again. If you want to use it straight for the protect tiles, they can be decent too. I have him at level 42 and 4 protect tiles can take off almost 300 damage. At the very least it creates cascades/critical tiles which I find very useful. His red at 5 can also overwrite any goon tiles and the damage is decent and the AP return means I can fire it off at the very least in another 3 turns. I find that I will basically always have a character with a better blue that can be used for a lower AP cost, such as MBW stun which only costs 9 when maxed, so due to having red be able to do the overwrite job already I don't need two skills with the same purpose.

But it still costs insane amount of AP, isn't it? I have trouble picking up 10 for IM40 before getting whacked. If recharge resolves I'm dandy.

My cap is just 22 but I recall his yellow actually winning me the game in last PVE he was forced&buffed a bit. He's good indeed if you get past the initial buildup, but getting to that point is the tricky part.
  • Question time. Because I did not have the roster to do these 2 events, i cant bear to level up the Cap'n, i purposely went into a few games and lost. Will my pve mmr be easier the next time cause of this?

I noticed during round 1 levels going down by 20-25 toward the end. And round 2 started with those levels. I died a lot really, not intentionally, just kept coming my way. icon_e_smile.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Lost 8 healthpacks in a row with this event, quite fed up. Not trying anymore especially with other ongoing events. I don't care for a soon-to-be-nerfed character anyway (I do care for Spidey and classic Magneto but at least they are not LAZY).
  • Question time. Because I did not have the roster to do these 2 events, i cant bear to level up the Cap'n, i purposely went into a few games and lost. Will my pve mmr be easier the next time cause of this?
    Probably not, with a small margin of doubt. I've tried some tanking, didn't seem to have any immediate effect. Levels either stayed the same or increased slightly, chalking that down to community scaling.
  • I think I need someone else to tank blue for modern black widow, because she dies too easy trying to collect blue vs level 188 Daken. Guess I need to get my level 41 IM40 a bit higher.
  • bughunt wrote:
    I think I need someone else to tank blue for modern black widow, because she dies too easy trying to collect blue vs level 188 Daken. Guess I need to get my level 41 IM40 a bit higher.

Yes I levelled my IM35 to help my BW in this. Though my levels are 35-45, so the guys I am dealing with are far lower than 188 icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • bughunt wrote:
    I think I need someone else to tank blue for modern black widow, because she dies too easy trying to collect blue vs level 188 Daken. Guess I need to get my level 41 IM40 a bit higher.

Yes I levelled my IM35 to help my BW in this. Though my levels are 35-45, so the guys I am dealing with are far lower than 188 icon_e_biggrin.gif

Okay, that worked good. Had to raise IM40 to level 50 and he got hit twice in the fight which would have killed MBW. Enemy levels have now raised to 197 though, which is starting to get a bit out of control.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    Psylocke is my tank for OBW. At 77 she is still downed every time I do that fight
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Just trying to farm ISO and tokens at this point, but with bugs like these, enthusiasm is reaching negative zone. (I know it's old.)
    5FzXZ3fl.jpg
  • bughunt wrote:
    Captain America can also tank blue for MBW, if you want to swap out IM40 if his health gets low.
  • Look on the bright side, at least it does not resurrect Ares. icon_e_smile.gif Try to make downed IM40 take the hit.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    ^ Ares the unfriendly ghost
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bughunt wrote:
    Captain America can also tank blue for MBW, if you want to swap out IM40 if his health gets low.

Red green, purple and yellow - LazyThor lvl 30
    Blue - Cap lvl 26
    2/5 MBW lvl 1 sits in the back
  • locked wrote:
    Just trying to farm ISO and tokens at this point, but with bugs like these, enthusiasm is reaching negative zone. (I know it's old.)

Hey, they're still trying to fix some bugs from November. Quit being in such a rush. icon_evil.gif
  • im so sick of this event. i dont even think that im going to finish each node once on the 2nd go round. it seems like my whole team gets wiped on the harder fights unless i boost. im not going to waste the iso for what will probably amount to a break even scenario (iso wise). ill keep my sanity and iso and just grind the LRs.

marc
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I need to farm some standard tokens from the easy nodes... I want my level 1 2/5 mBW for this event. >.<
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    What's the refresh on this? 12? Is not 8