Heroic jugg discussion

Options

Comments

• It was 12 for round one, I'm assuming it's the same.
  • yep, 12 hour refresh
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Now that lord of thunder is over, I went to start round 2 of jug. Absolutely lovely that the first node, listed as easy, is a 150 level jug.
  • daveomite wrote:
    Now that lord of thunder is over, I went to start round 2 of jug. Absolutely lovely that the first node, listed as easy, is a 150 level jug.

Not to be a jerk, but actually try the mission. I'm sure you'll see why it's easy after 10 seconds.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    daveomite wrote:

The gimmie Thor ruins him.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    daveomite wrote:

Not to be a jerk, but actually try the mission. I'm sure you'll see why it's easy after 10 seconds.

yeah...noticed that after posting. Ramped up Thor certainly helped
  • daveomite wrote:
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    daveomite wrote:

yeah...noticed that after posting. Ramped up Thor certainly helped

It's also not a real juggernaut.
  • WilsonFisk
    WilsonFisk Posts: 365 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The rubber banding is ridiculous. I sandbagged part 1 until the last day. Played hard, got to 8th place. Had to quit with about 45 minutes till the end, and ended up in the top 50.

This time, I've played hard both days, been in the top 5 most of the time, quit for a few hours and so easy back, but the points launch you right back!

Is there really any incentive to play any of these tournaments before 2-3 goes till they're over? Seems like the point totals would launch you right to the front
  • chadds wrote:
    Is there really any incentive to play any of these tournaments before 2-3 goes till they're over? Seems like the point totals would launch you right to the front

Your main bracket is determined by the time you complete the first mission so any 'advantage' you gain from rubberbanding is also given to more or less everyone else in your bracket. So regardless of when you join you'll need to put the time in for whatever result you want.

The 'nice' things about this event for those who want to wait is it's possible to achieve all the progression rewards in one go, and if you have the time/team/health packs any of those advantages alone could be the deciding factor in final placement because of the restricted roster.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    That big Daken fight was brutal. 161 Daken, 161 Lieutenant, and a 161 Soldier.

Had to take it on with a 100 IM40, 50 cap (needed stun and countdown control) and 41 1/2/2 Thor (buffed to 130; mostly soaked damage).

lost my first try because I didn't bring in Iron Man with full health. Healed everyone to full and it took me like 10 or 15 minutes. Capn was a godsend. Basically stalled until I could use recharges, and once I had about 15 blue AP I could just rain down peacemakers to keep the lieutenant (and once he was down, Daken) stunned as much as possible, then used tick damage until someone was in Unibeam range. After the second recharge I had a peacemaker ready whenever I wanted to use it, even when one was already out.

Board control is so important
  • Kelbris wrote:

Had to take it on with a 100 IM40, 50 cap (needed stun and countdown control) and 41 1/2/2 Thor (buffed to 130; mostly soaked damage).

lost my first try because I didn't bring in Iron Man with full health. Healed everyone to full and it took me like 10 or 15 minutes. Capn was a godsend. Basically stalled until I could use recharges, and once I had about 15 blue AP I could just rain down peacemakers to keep the lieutenant (and once he was down, Daken) stunned as much as possible, then used tick damage until someone was in Unibeam range. After the second recharge I had a peacemaker ready whenever I wanted to use it, even when one was already out.

Did you do right by IM and finish off the fight with a balistic salvo?
  • You can think of lead built before the last refresh decays exponentially. If someone is ahead of you by 1000 points before the last refresh starts, that's really worth maybe 150 base points of mission after factoring in rubberband.

However, there's nothing that says the guy who built that lead can't play as much as you do, and you'll find that 100 base point lead to be quite insurmountable. Unless you're certain you can play more than anyone else within the award range you're interested in (if going for top 20, then there can't be more than 20 guys who play more than you do on final refresh), having that early lead does matter. In TaT sub brackets quite a few bracket came down to a difference of 3-4 points and that comes from the lead built from the earlier refreshes, and since that event's award structure was #1, #2, and #3-5, having 3 more points than #2 or #3 matters a lot.
  • hsk808
    hsk808 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Kelbris wrote:

These guys are all level 164 for me at the moment. My Thor is 0/2/2 level 38 (128 powered up). I use Modern Storm and Modern Black Widow. Just get some blue matches in a hurry and you'll be good to go!
  • I was leading my bracket all last night and right now I'm 2nd, it's pretty fun contending for prizes instead of just getting tokens haha

My first time ever doing good.
  • I am new to this forum. May I know how many points you guys think is safe to make the top 10?
  • jefip wrote:
    I am new to this forum. May I know how many points you guys think is safe to make the top 10?

Last round first places were around 27000 points in most cases so you can use that as a reference
  • There is not going to be anywhere near that many point this time around because of increasing difficulty of nodes.

This is the next to last refresh, and first right now in most brackets seem to be around 16,000 or so. 20,000 might fairly close to the maximum given there is only 1 refresh left before the event end.
  • Things are def harder this time around, at least for me. The levels are 30+ from what they were last time, almost every time is a wipe on the higher nodes. They have such juicy points though.
  • Can you folks call out some scores for #1 in your bracket for reference? Mine is around 15200 at the moment.
  • The levels are higher because people have a higher level Thor which makes a rather big difference in these fights. I imagine the first time around everyone had a hard time minus the guys who spent a lot of money on Thor, but now Thor is actually high enough to help you beat the missions, but that of course just ends up making them even higher.