Heroic jugg discussion

Options

Comments

• I disagree entirely and will refute your points, klingsor, when I'm back from my meeting.
  • The only time I really enjoy using Cap is when he is buffed for PvE. Otherwise, he doesn't hit hard enough for the AP he costs.
    Which is shame, because I love Captain America. Just not THIS Captain America.
  • klingsor wrote:
    Before some brainiac points out that I don't have to play this event, let me state I realize that. But I don't think anyone here is saying,"Man, finally an event where my maxed Captain America really shines!" As far as economic arguments for using certain characters? I don't care. If I have a monster Hulk, let me rampage over stupid hammer goons. What's the risk? I might have too much fun and make some iso to level my characters further? We wouldn't want that!

And on a final rant, please stop making the new character mandatory. This is a **** design choice and if you (D3) are so focused on making money, then go ahead an open a character shop where you can buy any cover for a set price.

It's free to play, so that's how the devs make money. All free-to-play games tend to have a showcase timeframe when new content is released to help with this.

I have found that this event is a lot more achieveable since there isn't a massive 3* roster that all the veterans can dominate with. Us 2* scrubs are having a good time....(better since I got a lazythor cover,though) icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Yeah I am mostly just waiting for this one to be done. I have zero need for the two star cover and my roster makes each of these fights drudgery so pushing for one (rolls eyes) lazythor just seems a waste of time.
  • jozier wrote:
    I disagree entirely and will refute your points, klingsor, when I'm back from my meeting.

I shall patiently await thou retort.
  • The only negative with this event, though hardly limited to this event, is that spending money on the only featured character is a very good way to win since the boosted levels of the featured character is clearly not factored into the scaling (otherwise people with maxed Thor will be using facing enemies of what a level 230 hero would see). Heroic Oscorp was the same way and if you miraculously have a maxed Daredevil all the missions are significnatly easier (you didn't even have anyone that can reliably take more than one Flamethrower in that roster). Obviously they want to promote the featured character but it shouldn't be the only person that matters.
  • klingsor wrote:
    I want to say for the record this event is stupid. Not only does it follow the alarming "lets do everything with the minimum amount of effort" tendency that's been so fashionable as of late, it also has a ridiculous roster restriction. If we are going to be forced to play these silly events for want of better content, then at least let us play with the characters with want. Don't force me to use Capn Bozo and Modern Hawkeye (and why is he modern, because he dyed his hair and wears glasses in-doors? sounds ****!)

I actually don't mind roster restrictions and for this they mostly make sense too story-wise.

My problem is with the point system. Again last hour points made all the rest completely insignificant. Too many repeats allowed on nodes result insane amounts sitting around and they are multiplied by 10 for the **** rubberbanding.

I'd make way steeper point degradation (while decreasing the 20ISO chances) and think about some other resetting tech.

And round 2 should have some differences from R1 as we bored ourself out already on the finish.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    klingsor wrote:
    I want to say for the record this event is stupid. Not only does it follow the alarming "lets do everything with the minimum amount of effort" tendency that's been so fashionable as of late, it also has a ridiculous roster restriction. If we are going to be forced to play these silly events for want of better content, then at least let us play with the characters with want. Don't force me to use Capn Bozo and Modern Hawkeye (and why is he modern, because he dyed his hair and wears glasses in-doors? sounds ****!)

I actually don't mind roster restrictions and for this they mostly make sense too story-wise.

My problem is with the point system. Again last hour points made all the rest completely insignificant. Too many repeats allowed on nodes result insane amounts sitting around and they are multiplied by 10 for the **** rubberbanding.

I'd make way steeper point degradation (while decreasing the 20ISO chances) and think about some other resetting tech.

And round 2 should have some differences from R1 as we bored ourself out already on the finish.

I think the TaT 100%/50%/1 worked pretty well. All the standard rules of rubberbanding applied, but the point degradation was steep enough that you really can't expect to just come in at the last moment unless you can do every single mission twice (which was by no means easy), and even then that only worked if nobody else was capable of doing that.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    kensterr wrote:
    I pity people who bought the 10-pack. 4 Unstoppable tokens = 3 Cap 1 Hawkeye icon_e_sad.gif
    Yep, 3 Cap, 1 Moonstone for me. I've had them cover-maxed since the Late Pleistocene. SIgh.

One forumite got 5 LThors through Heroic Juggs tokens, apparently. Darn that guy. Darn that guy to heck. icon_lol.gif
    I don't have Thor icon_e_sad.gif

Well I do, but not the one that they want me to use. Guess that's my issue here. Just odd that the first round I sailed through most of it.
    Not having LThor for Heroic Juggs is pretty painful now for someone without a high-level Psylocke/IM40. I know a couple of people (incl. me) barreling through HJuggs with a 2/2/2 LThor at soft cap, so you can imagine the community level scaling.

But oh man, Round 2 made me use IM40 after MStorm and MBW went down, and I found that IM40 yellow provides awesome support for AWolv red. I finally "get it" about IM40 yellow.
  • Alright, since you guys seem to love these events I will quit my yapping. I'm just butt hurt because I don't have a fancy gold star Thor (and he is a requirement). Just like I will also not put in the hours to get a fancy gold star storm, captain america, or whatever. I will not promote bad design and lazy characters by putting iso on them or buying covers (it's my way of voting with my wallet.)
  • So people who started back in the first hour of the event have roughly the same amount of points as I do after playing for 90 minutes last night.

I am never entering a Heroic Mode early again.
  • Ghast wrote:
    So people who started back in the first hour of the event have roughly the same amount of points as I do after playing for 90 minutes last night.

I am never entering a Heroic Mode early again.

Yeah, unless you feel you just HAVE to lock down a 1st place for a 4* cover, there's not much point to it, as 2 passes at the event will get you 90% of the ISO/rewards. Saves a lot of heartache and burnout.
  • Easy catch on the 10x multiplier, eh? But strictly for fairness' sake.
  • Thankfully I had saved some ISO and I was able to get Psylocke to level 95 because otherwise I would ignore the event as I did in the first round. The other 2 members of the team are maxed MStorm and MBW. Psylocke takes the most beating and after 1-2 matches I have to heal her with OBW. I hope I can staying in top 20 or even top 10 if I'm lucky for my first Thor covers. I go in matches with +3 B/P and 1-2 damage bonuses to avoid accidents and so far it is challenging, but doable.
  • Dranwin
    Dranwin Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    At first I was very dissapointed by the character options but I do appreciate having to try and utilize these underdeveloped/underused champs. I have pumped up my Mhawkeye a bit and am really enjoying him behind my 85 wolv and stock lazythor. Getting pretty good results!
  • I leveled Iron Man 3* from 79 to 95 thanks to the Lightning Rounds. The man is an AP vending machine and you can hit him again and again. I would never use him for PVP, but I see his usefulness in PVE now.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My four unstoppable token pulls were

m. hawkeye x2
    captain 'merica
    psylocke

needed the psylocke cover. it was the first one i pulled so i got my hopes up for the rest, oh well 750 iso
  • Ghast wrote:
    I leveled Iron Man 3* from 79 to 95 thanks to the Lightning Rounds. The man is an AP vending machine and you can hit him again and again. I would never use him for PVP, but I see his usefulness in PVE now.

I think he'll gain more utility in PvP if they ever decimate spider man's healing skill. That will force many to need to have multiple teams of high-leveled characters and rotate them out as they get injured. IM40, (like Doom, Hood, Hulk, Psylocke) is a good third wheel in most 'B' teams you can put together.
  • Toxic, you're right next to me in jugg event.
  • Microtom wrote:
    Toxic, you're right next to me in jugg event.

What place? I'm stuck at work and won't be able to grind points until the very end of the event.