Heroic jugg discussion

Options

Comments

• Toxicadam wrote:
    Microtom wrote:
    Toxic, you're right next to me in jugg event.

What place? I'm stuck at work and won't be able to grind points until the very end of the event.
    sAH1fvF.jpg
  • Thank you. I am shocked I'm still that high. When I quit playing and went to bed 12 hours ago, I was in 7th place. Thought I'd drop like a rock.
  • Not alot of people seem as into this round. I had a similar drop during my sleep cycle and was also surprised that it wasn't larger.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Ghast wrote:
    I leveled Iron Man 3* from 79 to 95 thanks to the Lightning Rounds. The man is an AP vending machine and you can hit him again and again. I would never use him for PVP, but I see his usefulness in PVE now.

I think he'll gain more utility in PvP if they ever decimate spider man's healing skill. That will force many to need to have multiple teams of high-leveled characters and rotate them out as they get injured. IM40, (like Doom, Hood, Hulk, Psylocke) is a good third wheel in most 'B' teams you can put together.

They need to make characters take no longer than 2 hours to go from 1HP to max for that to even work though, and it'd take more than Spiderman. For example Patch would still always have 100% of his health by beating up guys in prologue.

The only reason to have multiple high level characters is if it's not possible end up a fight with higher HP than you started with.
  • bahukma wrote:
    Not alot of people seem as into this round. I had a similar drop during my sleep cycle and was also surprised that it wasn't larger.

This round is harder overall so there's probably less activity as well. Most of the missions are getting to a point where it'd be hard even if you had a 141 Psylocke/IM40.
  • Phantron wrote:
    bahukma wrote:
    Not alot of people seem as into this round. I had a similar drop during my sleep cycle and was also surprised that it wasn't larger.

This round is harder overall so there's probably less activity as well. Most of the missions are getting to a point where it'd be hard even if you had a 141 Psylocke/IM40.

What do you mean, harder? My mobs are lower level this round... It's started higher but they dropped.
  • Phantron wrote:
    bahukma wrote:

lucky to be you. I got auto- entered into a bracket by the entry bug and am free falling behind a bunch of 1* who love to grind. Barely in top 100 after being #1 when i went to bed.
  • I hadn't gotten a single useful cover out of any of the event tokens. So I finally use the last standard token - just a regular, usually classic Hawkeye Token - I'm liable to unlock for this event, and I see the gold SHIELD insignia, trying not to get too excited since last time it was something I didn't need, and it's RED HULK! One of the last covers I hadn't gotten any of (only Red Volstagg and all X-Force Wolverines are left).

And I'm back up to #7 with about 19k points. Hoping to get that last Volstagg too.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I will be thrilled if I can get into the top 100. That's all I'm shooting for, I've been knockng out the tougher missions, but finally got beat down by Daken and his hammer cronies...tried using cap to stun and failed miserably. I hate you cap.
  • klingsor wrote:
    I want to say for the record this event is stupid. Not only does it follow the alarming "lets do everything with the minimum amount of effort" tendency that's been so fashionable as of late, it also has a ridiculous roster restriction. If we are going to be forced to play these silly events for want of better content, then at least let us play with the characters with want. Don't force me to use Capn Bozo and Modern Hawkeye (and why is he modern, because he dyed his hair and wears glasses in-doors? sounds ****!)

Heroics have always been a part of the game. And they are meant to be CHALLENGING. The problem you have is that you see MPQ as a mandatory daily time sink, which is different from how the dev team probably views it. This game isn't meant to be an MMO you sink 6 hours into every day. You don't like an event, you don't play it. But the point of a Heroic is to be challenging. That's what every Heroic has been. That's the style. It's always a limited amount of characters, shorter subs, and it's a quick 4-6 day PVE to prevent burnout from back to back to back 10 day PVEs. Which is what you're also complainining about. You want more content, but I can guarantee that if they ran 4 straight 10 day PVEs, you'd be complaining about that. The Heroic event is not because the devs are lazy and don't want content. It's to avoid burn out, which they've said multiple times in the past.

And frankly, if you didn't have roster constraints, you'd just sit there with Spider-man, a strike tile generator and a support character. Just be honest that you want the easy way out instead of a challenge mode that reminds people of their early days in the prologue except with better characters.
    Before some brainiac points out that I don't have to play this event, let me state I realize that. But I don't think anyone here is saying,"Man, finally an event where my maxed Captain America really shines!" As far as economic arguments for using certain characters? I don't care. If I have a monster Hulk, let me rampage over stupid hammer goons. What's the risk? I might have too much fun and make some iso to level my characters further? We wouldn't want that!

Addressed above. There will be a 10 day PVE event no doubt shortly. There was just a long 10 day event called, appropriately enough, the Hulk. Why didn't you rampage over some goons with the Hulk? There were goon fights there. And frankly just because you're complaining doesn't mean D3 isn't seeing positive metrics and again, frankly, you seem the whiny type so I discount all your comments to begin with.
    And on a final rant, please stop making the new character mandatory. This is a **** design choice and if you (D3) are so focused on making money, then go ahead an open a character shop where you can buy any cover for a set price.

This is a tired complaint. It separates those that play the game from those that don't. It's also a staple of every single RPG ever made. Plenty of RPG's require certain items or characters for progression and that take time to collect. This is no different.
  • Entered with 3 hours left in the event, have done each mission once and I'm up to 15716 points, I did low point missions first and didn't lose full rubberband until the last two. Currently sitting in 7th.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Entered with 3 hours left in the event, have done each mission once and I'm up to 15716 points, I did low point missions first and didn't lose full rubberband until the last two. Currently sitting in 7th.

in my bracket, I have just over 17k, but in 73rd place or so. Most top tier crews are in the 22k mark in mine.
  • Patch with an hour left to go? Are they trying to break the servers again
  • I don't think I'm going to make top 10, which will mean that in the height of irony I have zero red lazythor covers while sitting on a dozen red thor covers icon_e_confused.gif
  • Can't remember the last time I was so pissed over a game. I came in prepared. Decent team, some strategy, good boosts. 2 wins and 3 loses. I burned through almost all the good boosts.
    oh well, I think to myself, let's just grind the low point missions. I burned all the health packs.

Can't remember the last time I got such amount of bad bad boards. Tons of environment tiles. No good matches for me. Almost each of my matches granted good match for the enemy.
    No blue and red matches for Cap when fighting goons.

Can't remember the last time I was so pissed over a game. I need to chill. Thank Goddess there's some wisniowka in the fridge.
  • I love it when I'm trying to bait the AI into taking a match that will give me a crit match, and AI matches it but it leads to a huge cascade for them instead icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Can't remember the last time I was so pissed over a game. I came in prepared. Decent team, some strategy, good boosts. 2 wins and 3 loses. I burned through almost all the good boosts.
    oh well, I think to myself, let's just grind the low point missions. I burned all the health packs.

Can't remember the last time I got such amount of bad bad boards. Tons of environment tiles. No good matches for me. Almost each of my matches granted good match for the enemy.
    No blue and red matches for Cap when fighting goons.

Can't remember the last time I was so pissed over a game. I need to chill. Thank Goddess there's some wisniowka in the fridge.

I concur. I was hoping to finish in the top 100, I'm currently 86th. I'm done playng this event, it's been a drain on health packs, boosts, and time. The chips can fall where they may now.

I don't know what wisnniowka is...I assume its a beverage and has a similar effect to the 10% Bells Hopslams I'll be drinking tonight.

Good riddance Heroic Juggernaut.
  • I'm more than ready for this event to be over with. Only options I've had are maxed Modern Storm and Black Widow, Lv 46 Cap, and (now) level 40 Wolverine. And it suuuuuucked starting a round with a map already on Deadly difficulty. Combine that with having constant games where the enemy clears half the board in a turn and keeps using powers = Not that much fun.
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'll barely make it top top 100, as I can see from the standings now. Damn glad it's over, this one has been a struggle. Not exactly fun to fight a 183 level Daken with such a limited roster. I can't remember when I used so many boosts and health packs for a single event - probably never. Let's move on to something different, and forget this.
  • Damn, not going to get top 2.