Heroic jugg discussion

Comments

• Just managed to squeeze into top 10. I welcome the three Thor covers. - I only had his green power before this.

Needed ~21500 points to get top 10...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got overtaken with 5 minutes to go... now I have no idea if I got second at least.
    Come on, rewards! I could use that red Wolvie...
  • Well, because of the bracket placing fubar on this round I ended up 1 refresh behind the lead, no more lazy thors for me. All in all it felt like a really **** event made to hook people to buy and level him. Didn't really enjoy any aspect of it. But I cracked under pressure and now I'm stacking reserve iso for next event with characters I don't use otherwise..
  • Well, because of the bracket placing fubar on this round I ended up 1 refresh behind the lead, no more lazy thors for me. All in all it felt like a really **** event made to hook people to buy and level him. Didn't really enjoy any aspect of it. But I cracked under pressure and now I'm stacking reserve iso for next event with characters I don't use otherwise..

You got your rewards already? Still waiting..
  • Coasted to 1st this time. I guess people were burned out.

I didn't even realize it was ending lol. I jumped on and played a bracketing match a few hours ago, then got on with around 50 min left, looked ay my roster, looked at the event and realized I was going to have to haul it to even make top 20. Luckily, and sadly I guess, there are enough ppl losing points by not having thor and not being able to do the last 2 missions that with some heavy boosting I made the cut for top 10. Saw nemek @2, he has a 5/4/4 wolvie so its hard to gauge how hard he would have been pushing, so I think I probably got what I would have anyway.

@toxicadem. Yea, that's the logic I've used in the first event he was in. I could have finished top 1000 for the red but I am pretty burnt on the game right now. Let myself slip for 1008 to 2000+ by doing only one match the entire last sub. It's just his red, which most will take either to 4 or 3 anyway (I am considering going 4/4/5 or 4/5/4 depending on how the covers roll in).
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Men, after placing third in a lucky bracket last time, I put myself in a much more competitive bracket this time. Was top ten for two days, but I ran out of refreshes at the end. Dropped to top 50 in the end, likely bumped from 20 by lag.

All in all a great and enjoyable event for once!
  • Got knocked out of 2 as it ended by a board's worth of points, that's what I get for replying to texts.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Gah, I was #3 with an hour to go. Went to a meeting. When I got back, I ended #83. I'm trying to transition to 3* and this didn't help much.

You got your rewards already? Still waiting..

Not yet but did my last grind as late as I could but was still several k behind #1 and below 100. Did decent grinds too, trying to max rubberbanding.
  • Hit top 20 in this round and now I have him at 0/1/2, though I'm sort of disappointed that I'm probably going to have to be doing this slogging all over again now that there might be a gold Captain America coming, and I can't imagine that scaling will be in my favour considering my high rankings.
  • For the first time I timed my final charge perfectly, going from 250th to 1st in the last 50 minutes. Don't know if I finished 1st or 2nd in the end, but I got X-Force as well as all 3 Thor covers, so I'm really happy with that.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    ah, pushed from top 10 to top 20 at the very end! icon_cry.gif

On the bright side, I was still more successful in this round than in the first...
  • WilsonFisk
    WilsonFisk Posts: 365 Mover and Shaker
    I HATE this crazy rubber banding! I barely played the first event, made some effort on the last day and ended up in the top 50. Figured I'd go for it this time, grinding like crazy the whole tournament. I was in the top 5 nearly the whole time, leading a lot of it, then with 1.5hrs to go I drop like a rock and not enough points left for me to even keep up! I ended up dropping from#1 to #65ish in the last 2 hours.

Apparently these PVE events are made to be played lazily until the very end.
  • It sounds like you played sub-optimally. You need to save points for the last hour when everyone in your bracket is pushing. If you peak too early everyone will pass you.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bachster wrote:
    Just managed to squeeze into top 10. I welcome the three Thor covers. - I only had his green power before this.

wow... wish I was in your bracket then. I ended up over 21k and was 31st looked like. I didn't start until day two of the Jugg event though, and haven't had a ton of time to play. few hours here and there, so couldn't spend 12 hours a day with it last couple of days, lol
  • Obsessively restarting the app to see if I got into top 20. 45 minutes passed, 45th restart.
  • Top 300.

Well, I needed to get a Storm cover anyway
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chimaera wrote:
    Obsessively restarting the app to see if I got into top 20. 45 minutes passed, 45th restart.

haven't seen them here either at all...
  • daveomite wrote:
    Bachster wrote:
    Just managed to squeeze into top 10. I welcome the three Thor covers. - I only had his green power before this.

wow... wish I was in your bracket then. I ended up over 21k and was 31st looked like. I didn't start until day two of the Jugg event though, and haven't had a ton of time to play. few hours here and there, so couldn't spend 12 hours a day with it last couple of days, lol

Well at least you got 2 covers.........
    I ended around #70 with 22k....That really bothered me....
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    jozier wrote:
    It sounds like you played sub-optimally. You need to save points for the last hour when everyone in your bracket is pushing. If you peak too early everyone will pass you.
    Quoted for emphasis.
    I jumped from top 30 to a 3rd place finish in the last 30-45 minutes of grinding.