Heroic jugg discussion

Comments

• Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems with this event like less is better. Rubberbanding gets you most of the points anyways, so my strategy's just to grind hard during the last 2 refreshes.

I think scaling could ruin that for you.

The optimal strategy may be selecting the right times to hit the nodes, rather than trying to maximise rubberbanding. At the end every vet who waits until the end may try to cram themselves through that doorway, scaling the nodes beyond reasonable. I wouldn't want to fight a 230 juggernaught with the supplied team members. Not to mention the two 'friends' he will bring with him.

Daken 140+ might be unkillable without ridiculous luck.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eddiemon wrote:
    It seems with this event like less is better. Rubberbanding gets you most of the points anyways, so my strategy's just to grind hard during the last 2 refreshes.

The optimal strategy may be selecting the right times to hit the nodes, rather than trying to maximise rubberbanding. At the end every vet who waits until the end may try to cram themselves through that doorway, scaling the nodes beyond reasonable. I wouldn't want to fight a 230 juggernaught with the supplied team members. Not to mention the two 'friends' he will bring with him.

Maybe I'm in fact competing in the special olympics, but so far i've seen 0 scaling. Maybe they're saving it all to the end? My only question is, being just ~40 days into this, I'm not familiar with when they do refreshes. Can someone explain how/when this happens? Seems like people know when it's going to happen and I just have to keep checking back to see if it has.
  • Ok so please nobody take offense to this but I feel like I'm competing in the special Olympics.

So...you feel ****? They have drugs for that
    icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Eddiemon wrote:

Modern Black Widow worked well on the Daken + 2 goon fight that's also worth the most number of points in the event. In fact it was surprisingly easy, just boost blue and focus on collecting blue and it's almost the same as Spiderman because there's only one person you got to stun. Well you got to eat some of the goon attacks but even a level 15 lazy Thor has a ton of HP for that.
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Well, just got my 16500 points, so i think im done with this event. Nothing worth mentioning came from those 2 tokens.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:

Modern Black Widow worked well on the Daken + 2 goon fight that's also worth the most number of points in the event. In fact it was surprisingly easy, just boost blue and focus on collecting blue and it's almost the same as Spiderman because there's only one person you got to stun. Well you got to eat some of the goon attacks but even a level 15 lazy Thor has a ton of HP for that.
    Yeah, but boosts are still needed. I tried without boosts and Daken from less than 500 HP went back to full health and destroyed my team due to **** board and also lucky cascades for him (he keeps getting green match cascades)
  • Hi, can someone tell me how long the refresh is?
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Hi, can someone tell me how long the refresh is?

Looks like 12 hours.
  • I see thanks.
  • Anyone have a good strategy for Digging Deeper? Daken/Magneto/Rags is just wiping me out.
  • I focusfired Magneto, with mostly Wolvie doing the damage. Let them have a few strike tiles, getting him out of there is key. Then go for either Daken if you have loaded your abilities, or whittle a bit at Rags and burst down Daken when able.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jester Day wrote:
    I focusfired Magneto, with mostly Wolvie doing the damage. Let them have a few strike tiles, getting him out of there is key. Then go for either Daken if you have loaded your abilities, or whittle a bit at Rags and burst down Daken when able.
    Yeah, Magneto is definitely the worst of the 3. His Purple can potentially kill anyone not high enough to tank through it. Take him out and the rest can be done easily. I think Wolverine is also the best option to take out Daken with his red doing so much damage at 5.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Holy ****, I actually want MBW covers because of this event. Mine is currently 5/5 at level 25, but a 2/5 level 1 MBW is just what I need for this event ironically enough.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    My mBW is 1/4 and level 1, she's super safe because anyone tanks anything for her, but one measly AoE attack and she's down icon_e_biggrin.gif 175 health points... ah the nostalgia.
  • Does anyone know how many rounds of this they will have? It says round 1 which indicates there will be more
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does anyone know how many rounds of this they will have? It says round 1 which indicates there will be more
    I don't think there will be more than 2. I don't believe the previous Heroic Modes had more than 2.
  • Ideas for optimal team for this one? Lazythor is a must since hes buffed 100 levels, but not too sure about the other 2. Im40 and wolvie dont synergize too well with lazythor...

Oh most definitely they do thors, green power, IM40's yellow and Wolverines red is all you need so whats your opinion of a synergized team?
  • Ideas for optimal team for this one? Lazythor is a must since hes buffed 100 levels, but not too sure about the other 2. Im40 and wolvie dont synergize too well with lazythor...

Oh most definitely they do thors, green power, IM40's yellow and Wolverines red is all you need so whats your opinion of a synergized team?

Agree here.

I only have 1 cover in IM40 yellow, but tried him over storm and found that I could use wulverine's red much more often. (I've also been opting for wulverine green attack too, but mainly because I like using strike tiles and I don't like giving daken too many, reaching 14 seems a lot harder when you are avoiding the colour early on)
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've found that lazythor kinda sucks at doing damage with 1/1/1 covers. I'm currently running im40/mbw/wolvie, and wInning most of my games off of wolvie green/red. I really want a level 1 2/5 mbw: this level 30 5/5 mbw is tanking hits and being generally dumb.
  • Did it just refresh? Hard to tell