Heroic jugg discussion

Comments

• You think there's going to be two rounds of this?
  • pasa_ wrote:
    In my jugs games the AI picks up the available reds first^Wsecond thing. After 4-matches. If I don't take it, they do.

IceIX mentioned some "thwart" factor in the AI that kicks in with some chance and makes it not shoot a ready ability. Baybe it is applied as matches too -- but it has an overall small chance to count on.
    This factor is (in my experience) dependant on who would be damaged. For example enemy' Patch won't launch Berzerker Rage when my Punisher is up front, but when I match some OBW tiles, he launches it to kill her, when she's already at half hp. It might be a coincidence though.
    Microtom wrote:
    You think there's going to be two rounds of this?
    Yes.
  • radav
    radav Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    pasa_ wrote:
    In my jugs games the AI picks up the available reds first^Wsecond thing. After 4-matches. If I don't take it, they do.

IceIX mentioned some "thwart" factor in the AI that kicks in with some chance and makes it not shoot a ready ability. Baybe it is applied as matches too -- but it has an overall small chance to count on.

Yeah this threw me for a loop a few times this morning where I was expecting to see Juggernaut crush me into next week but instead he grabbed more AP without using headbutt.

I do remember Rags' ridiculously low AP cost for his moves. Super frustrating to go against then and amazingly it's still frustrating to go against at 6 AP. 2 matches just seems like too few especially when Godlike Power seems to create him enough AP that he will be able to pull the combo off on the next turn at a really high rate. I'm having fun messing around with this casually but, it's just too frustrating to try and do anything more then that and that bothers me from an enjoying the game standpoint.
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    gamar wrote:
    Man, I haven't seen nodes I just can't pass since Simulator, but hood/maggia/jugg is just freaking brutal

Did it once. Not sure if i cant do it again.
  • I got this picture where all these agents are coming back wounded, and Spiderman will be like "Just let me at them boss, I can take care of them by myself!" And Nick Fury will be in your typical evil villian like "No Spiderman, you need to stay here because I have this awesome plan of sending my underlings to die for no reason. Hahahahahaha!"
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Had like 6 attempts now to the daken+2 goons fight... all at 119 lvl... and I just do not really think I can do it with a lvl 20 mThor, 51 Psy, 50 mStorm, 54 IM, 36 mBW and 26 aWolv... IM and Wolv are at 10 and 12 covers but currently at 0 ISO... going to get 5k through PvP tournament pretty soon so might either shove it up IM or Wolv... not sure which one is going to be more beneficial...
    so I have 2 questions:
    1) should I be trying that node even though it seems pointless?
    2) where should I pour the 5k ISO - 54 IM40 or 26 aWolv...
  • morgh wrote:
    Had like 6 attempts now to the daken+2 goons fight... all at 119 lvl... and I just do not really think I can do it with a lvl 20 mThor, 51 Psy, 50 mStorm, 54 IM, 36 mBW and 26 aWolv... IM and Wolv are at 10 and 12 covers but currently at 0 ISO... going to get 5k through PvP tournament pretty soon so might either shove it up IM or Wolv... not sure which one is going to be more beneficial...
    so I have 2 questions:

Unless you want to complete all the nodes I wouldn't bother with the ones that seems obviously way out of your league. That said Daken isn't too bad if you get a favorable board, because he has 5K HP which can be taken off with say a Thunder Strike, Adamantium Slash, and 2 other attacks. It's quite possible to get that kind of AP with a favorable board + boosts, and then you only have the goons to deal with. Of course, if you don't boost or if the board is bad you're screwed, but it's not as impossible as it looks.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blarg, girlfriend is arriving 3 hours before this tournament ends, hopefully grinding 3 hours before the end will be enough for top 10... dumb rubberbanding ruining everything.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    morgh wrote:
    so I have 2 questions:

Do you have a Cap America? With 5 blue covers Cap can stun Daken and remove a goon tile with the same move. He's also tanky enough to soak up some damage.
  • morgh
    Phantron wrote:
    morgh wrote:
    so I have 2 questions:

Unless you want to complete all the nodes I wouldn't bother with the ones that seems obviously way out of your league. That said Daken isn't too bad if you get a favorable board, because he has 5K HP which can be taken off with say a Thunder Strike, Adamantium Slash, and 2 other attacks. It's quite possible to get that kind of AP with a favorable board + boosts, and then you only have the goons to deal with. Of course, if you don't boost or if the board is bad you're screwed, but it's not as impossible as it looks.

no boosts at all now - and no ISO to buy boosts
    and as I said - Wolv is at level 26... hits for only 950

oh and I DO have a cap... he is even fully cover-maxed at 3/5/5 - however he is only level 24, has 1400 HP and a single 3-match hits for 300... not the best tank ;>
  • Tried the hood thing (120) with all AP boosts -- almost did it, but not quite. A threten and a tommy gun resolved, somewhat later the almost full jugs looked at the last 1000 hp of thor sitting on 5 reds.

Maybe I should have shot adamantium at the muscle instead of hood who was at 2k.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    I have all the allowed characters at max covers and high levels (except lazy Thor of course) and find myself using Cap America quite a bit. He's especially useful in the goon fights for surgical CD removal and fat enough to tank in bigger fights.

First time I've really pulled him out of storage since like 3 events ago when he had the major buff.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    morgh wrote:
    so I have 2 questions:

How did you manage to pass the previous node with Magneto? Daken with two goons was so much easier for me compared to that one. I did it with boosts the first time (don't remember the lvl) and without them the second (lvl 121) using Widow (35), Storm (50) and IM40 (74) with 4 yellow, so your roster should be able to manage it. Maybe it was a really bad boards or something.

P.S.
    Does IM40 generate blue for you?
  • morgh
    Oh I just tried cap on 3xgoon fight and I see what you mean - my IM only has 2 yellow, but it does generate blue - so IM+cap+thor seems like a decent team to try it - get yellow and green, use yellow with IM40, generating red and and blue, and use the blue to stun the hell out Daken, taking out a cooldown while at it ;D
    will try it once I get more healthpacks

And the Magneto fight was kinda brutal but definitely better...

EDIT: absolutely superb icon_e_biggrin.gif slow as hell but still faster then what I was doing with mStorm and Hulk
  • i used all my hp and iso on lazythor and am having an easy time in this event.
    my thor is lvl 86 atm and he soloes all the fights.
    am sitting on rank 1 spot since it began and hope i can finish top 2.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would like to thank this event for confirming that I'm going to quit the game once Lazy Thor starts featuring heavily in people's rosters.

A high level 3* Call the Storm is effing ridiculous.
  • My MMR for the pvp event was low so I kept facing OBW + Thor + modern storm quite frequently. So of course you need to save Thor until last there but he kept ravaging my team with several characters left at 100hp more than once. Not looking forward to facing the lvl 141 variant when the 85 is bad enough.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blarg, girlfriend is arriving 3 hours before this tournament ends, hopefully grinding 3 hours before the end will be enough for top 10... dumb rubberbanding ruining everything.
    Get her to play MPQ, or play MPQ for you icon_twisted.gif
  • Sigh. That Mags fight is unwinnable for me icon_e_sad.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    kensterr wrote:
    Get her to play MPQ, or play MPQ for you icon_twisted.gif

Believe me I've tried, and it's terrifying to watch her play when she doesn't know how to use character abilities and such correctly vs 3 230s in a PvE event >.<