Heroic jugg discussion

Comments

• Twysta wrote:
    griller wrote:
    Twysta wrote:
    It tickles me a bit that griller spells it "roaster".

sorry english is not my mother tonque and roster is not a familiar word to me, I know I always write it wrong...

Haha no problem. I wasn't trying to make fun of you or anything.
    Your english is probably better than all the other languages I know!
    It's just amusing because of the similarities with your name icon_e_smile.gif

I've usually seen it misspelled "rooster." This led to a massive amount of immature snickering when one guy was complaining about PvE scaling "discriminating against people with a large rooster."

(For the non-native English speakers, "rooster" is a male chicken. Another word for a male chicken is "cockerel," frequently shortened to a common slang term for...something that guys aren't usually discriminated *against* for having a large one.)
  • Jathro wrote:
    Appears to be 12 hour refreshes, ya?
    It's longer than 8 hours anyway, probably 12-ish. Didn't really clear nodes in a way I can tell easily, since I did a mission here and there and repeated some but not others.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    bughunt wrote:
    By the way, the +50% H.A.M.M.E.R damage buffs cost 500 HP for 5!!! so don't waste them icon_e_smile.gif

hmm. good thing I have a stock of old ones still.
    Yeah, me too. The Daken fight with 2 grunts was still difficult, but doable.
  • Mizake wrote:
    Well, this is a first. I'm on day 143 for the game overall and this is the first tournament I haven't been able to clear all the nodes on (except the early tournaments were I was locked out of nodes because I didn't have certain heroes).

Just wanted to second this. This is the first time since I started playing months ago that I am unable to clear the nodes. In fact, I can only do like 5 of them. My limited roster doesn't do enough damage quick enough, even with 3* Thor absorbing the hits. Hopefully finishing low in this round of the event will reduce the enemy levels in the next round.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    The player second in my bracket doesn't have a lazy Thor. Should that even be possible?
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    The player second in my bracket doesn't have a lazy Thor. Should that even be possible?
    Yeah, he just can't do last three missions.
  • i just finished my first clear with 20 lazy thor, 85 wolvie, and 30 storm / 70 IM40 platoon.

having a maxed wolverine really helps to magnify the damage with his strike tiles.

currently sitting top 50. i will play here and there until this ends and hope for another LT cover
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Would like to get an idea where i stand compared to everyone else. I'm first in my bracket with 11k after one clearing. How is everyone else doing?
  • I've been lucky enough to have reasonably leveled Modern Widow (LV 40) and Modern Storm (LV 47).

My third is a LV 62 IM40, because that's the highest leveled character I have right now that's able to participate in the event.

Still, I'd like to not have matches of LV 90 or higher enemies when my best character for this event is LV 62. All the ISO I've been making has been diverted from Grey Suit and Punisher to IM40 just so that I can be a bit more competitive.

I'm not particularly peeved by this event, but it's a little annoying that you're in for a tough ride unless you have Modern Thor, in which case it's easy mode.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been lucky enough to have reasonably leveled Modern Widow (LV 40) and Modern Storm (LV 47).

My third is a LV 62 IM40, because that's the highest leveled character I have right now that's able to participate in the event.

Still, I'd like to not have matches of LV 90 or higher enemies when my best character for this event is LV 62. All the ISO I've been making has been diverted from Grey Suit and Punisher to IM40 just so that I can be a bit more competitive.

I'm not particularly peeved by this event, but it's a little annoying that you're in for a tough ride unless you have Modern Thor, in which case it's easy mode.
    That's not true. Having Modern Thor isn't easy mode for me
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Yup. Even 1/1/1 Thor doesn't help much with reduced tile creation and puny damage. He's good for a tank, sure. Mine is 0/1/1 and I'm better off running maxed Wolverine, level 1 modern BW and mStorm/IM 40 for AP generation. Even underleveled Captain is more viable than lazyThor at 1/1/1.
    He will be nerfed anyway, I'm not gloating or anything, it just seems inevitable.
  • For what seems impossible fights, one thing I do is enter the node and if I don't like the board, I retreat, then go to the venom pve node to heal and try again. It's a slow process but it gives an edge and might make the fight possible.
  • Microtom wrote:
    For what seems impossible fights, one thing I do is enter the node and if I don't like the board, I retreat, then go to the venom pve node to heal and try again. It's a slow process but it gives an edge and might make the fight possible.
    Didn't they took away Spider's blue power from this fight?
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Microtom wrote:
    For what seems impossible fights, one thing I do is enter the node and if I don't like the board, I retreat, then go to the venom pve node to heal and try again. It's a slow process but it gives an edge and might make the fight possible.
    Didn't they took away Spider's blue power from this fight?

You can bring your own or use obw.
  • ChrisV82
    ChrisV82 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    I know that no one plays this game for the plot lines, but these cycling story arcs are disconcerting. Really? No one knows who that mysterious guy dressed as Wolverine is? Juggernaut is looking to fight Thor again (and didn't he just fight Thor in the first match of this story line)? I wish I could change the language of the dialog so everyone was speaking French or Chinese.
  • ChrisV82 wrote:
    I know that no one plays this game for the plot lines, but these cycling story arcs are disconcerting. Really? No one knows who that mysterious guy dressed as Wolverine is? Juggernaut is looking to fight Thor again (and didn't he just fight Thor in the first match of this story line)? I wish I could change the language of the dialog so everyone was speaking French or Chinese.

Just skip it icon_e_biggrin.gif

EDIT: The dialogue, not the event.
  • Where are the buffs? The description says Iron Man M40, Modern Storm, Psylocke and so on are buffed for this event. I have them and none of them are buffed. What am I missing? Is this a bug?
  • KevinMark wrote:
    Where are the buffs? The description says Iron Man M40, Modern Storm, Psylocke and so on are buffed for this event. I have them and none of them are buffed. What am I missing? Is this a bug?

Modern Thor is the only 'powered up' hero.
  • KevinMark wrote:
    Where are the buffs? The description says Iron Man M40, Modern Storm, Psylocke and so on are buffed for this event. I have them and none of them are buffed. What am I missing? Is this a bug?

Tinykitty. It says choose from these featured heroes. I thought all of them were supposed to be buffed. I think in previous events more than one or all on the list were buffed. That put me off.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    KevinMark wrote:
    KevinMark wrote:

Tinykitty. It says choose from these featured heroes. I thought all of them were supposed to be buffed. I think in previous events more than one or all on the list were buffed. That put me off.

Not necessarily. In Heroic Oscorp the only buffed hero was Daredevil if I recall correctly.

EDIT: I do indeed recall correctly:

Daredevil POWERED UP
    BWM and GS
    IM35
    **Wolvie
    C Storm
    M Hawkeye
    Spider-Man
    IW

The only saving grace in that Heroic was that you had spider-man to prevent being destroyed and BWGS who could do some damage. But in that heroic, almost all the fights were against 230s and it was terrible.