Heroic jugg discussion

Options

Comments

• kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The rest of my featured characters are level 20, with the exception of MBW and Wolverine, both at 40... and my enemies are level 30-50... with more health than me and endless countdown tiles. ****
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Possibly dumb question, but does this event actually have scaling?

Everyone seems to have faced the 150 juggernaught gatekeeper and then dropped to happier levels.

I'm trying to work out if playing early to beat community scaling is the way to go, or playing late to a use the band of rubber is key.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dammit, PvE event token gave me hawkeye icon_mad.gif
  • Eddiemon wrote:

Everyone seems to have faced the 150 juggernaught gatekeeper and then dropped to happier levels.

I'm trying to work out if playing early to beat community scaling is the way to go, or playing late to a use the band of rubber is key.

There's definitely scaling. I see that the battle against The Hood has went to trivial. It was normal when I attempted it (wiped), and then it become easy when I beat it, and now it's trivial, which is hardly surprising since it features The Hood + Muscle + Jugg.
  • Holy ****! (And sorry Twysta, above.) I just got my second ever Patch cover from a standard token from the PvE. That follows my 4* Wolvie from a Heroic this morning. Best token day I've ever had!
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Eddiemon wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe I'm just very lucky (or it's bugged) I'm facing fairly easy matches even with my reduced lineup my levels don't seem to be increasing. At least, not like they have been in previous PvE events. Didn't even have that much of a problem with the Hood battle. Hood's only level 39 with 1274 health so it's fairly easy to kill him before he can help Juggernaut cause havoc.
  • mags1587 wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe I'm just very lucky (or it's bugged) I'm facing fairly easy matches even with my reduced lineup my levels don't seem to be increasing. At least, not like they have been in previous PvE events. Didn't even have that much of a problem with the Hood battle. Hood's only level 39 with 1274 health so it's fairly easy to kill him before he can help Juggernaut cause havoc.

Hood is 58 on mine, and he was like level 90 when I first attempted him (and lost).

I'm sure the scaling is actually causing the levels to go down since we don't have Spiderman and the usual culprits propping up the enemy levels so people are definitely losing.
  • Phantron wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:

Hood is 58 on mine, and he was like level 90 when I first attempted him (and lost).

I'm sure the scaling is actually causing the levels to go down since we don't have Spiderman and the usual culprits propping up the enemy levels so people are definitely losing.

Hood is currently 143 for me. Juggs and Maggia are 146. I'm staring at that level with no idea on a strategy I could use with the limited roster to beat it.
  • noknuckles wrote:
    Tanking every day during the Hulk event must be working. Scaling for me is wonky. People here are running into walls of 160-230s with a roster of L30s, while I'm running into ~L30s. I have 0/0/1 lazythor, maxed MBW, maxed MStorm.

The way lazythors are being handed out seem a little unfair. You needed BP to get lazythor covers, and you need lazythor covers to get more lazythor covers which will help you get more lazythor covers in Round 2 of this event. If people are having a rough time competing with my 0/0/1 lazy thor, I can't imagine how much of an advantage I'll have next round when I have it at 1/1/2 or maybe 0/1/2.

It just so happens the unfairness is in my favour, but it still feels a little wrong to snatch up all the lazy thor covers when seemingly a lot of dedicated players are being locked out due to this limiting roster.

For the bp covers, i dont think its as unfair just because they had a pvp tournaments that offered bp as a reward, giving everyone who wanted it a chance to win it. Its just the way this game works: you need to get the new cover to get the next new cover, but you can eventually break into this cycle through a random side event.

Yeah I was kinda expecting Thor to be this way as it was kinda cool. For BP, I remember the tourney and PvE events that handed out BP covers ended on the same night so you had ways to win the BP covers. I find this event really unfair. The unfairness favours me, as I'm just good enough to edge my way into a lazy Thor cover, but not good enough to run into walls of 230, so I'm kinda at that perfect sweet spot. Regardless of how much it favours me, I still find the event unfair
  • Do we know how long before a node respawns? how many times can you fight a node?
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    allorin wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:

Hood is currently 143 for me. Juggs and Maggia are 146. I'm staring at that level with no idea on a strategy I could use with the limited roster to beat it.

I guess my losses helped me out...they were in the mid 40's when I faced them about 20 minutes ago.
  • The first mission was worth 50 when this thing started, but now it shows up as 408. There has to be some rubberbanding here.
  • I got a Hawkeye with my bracket reward token, which does actually add a cover I didn't have, was about the second most useless one I could have gotten.
  • Well looks to me that the roaster influences the level of opponents. But probably the full roaster and not just the featured heroes, because my featured heroes are average level 50, but opponents are >200 which makes it simply impossible. I have tried with full boosts level 111 and by far I had no chance. So these missions are for players with weak roaster, I'm simply out of this. Definitely I have no idea why d3p does this, what is the sense of making tasks not playable ? Punishing good players for being good ?
  • Sorry, my previous post is bit off topic, I haven't refreshed before replying...
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    The highest level I've seen (aside from the first mission) is around 80-something. I've cleared everything once, and a few twice, to get just over 5000 to get the (useless, as it turns out) token. It's good for #3 in my bracket. I'm running 76 Wolverine, 76 IM40, 18 Lazy Thor.

I'm not sure how much tolerance I'm going to have for grinding this out, though. I'd really like a red lazy Thor, but they made it the top prize (again); I finished in the two-cover band the first time.

There's a part of me that wishes I had waited until Monday evening to start this. Maybe at about 11:30 PM.

Just for comparison, with 80 IM40, 47 Wolverine and 20 lazythor as the strongest featured I have (comparing to yours it's a weaker team) I have some over 100 oponents and one mission was even over 200, now reduced to 118 but still impossible to grind. Can anyone explain, how this is possible ? What influences the level of opponents ? It's not the strength of the team used, nor the strentgth of the strongest team in the roaster chosen from featured heroes, otherwise there should not be that huge difference between your opponents and mine. Anyone knows ?
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It tickles me a bit that griller spells it "roaster".
  • I don't know what determines the high starting level but dying sure put things back to normal pretty quick, and you don't have to try very hard to die in this PvE event at all.
  • Twysta wrote:
    It tickles me a bit that griller spells it "roaster".

sorry english is not my mother tonque and roster is not a familiar word to me, I know I always write it wrong...
  • Doesn't griller actually means roaster?