Heroic jugg discussion

Comments

• Phantron wrote:
    Due to the roster selection available, it's pretty much impossible to grind this unless you're sitting on a level 141 lazy Thor, so in this particular case the fact that you can repeat the missions many times doesn't really matter, because you'll likely be out of health packs before you're even done with one pass.

At least they have us some tanks this time. Last time we just got a handful of squishies. (Curse you heroic Oscorp!!!! May you never show yourself again, even in a fixed version!!!). So I think it's at least an improvement.

I think it's semi obvious what roster selection was. Ok here's a handful of covers people haven't been using. Here's a couple that still have the potential to earn us a lil cash. Roll out the event!

I wish it was done a little bit more carefully with a little better selection but a change of pace none the less. I'm neutral I suppose.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Due to the roster selection available, it's pretty much impossible to grind this unless you're sitting on a level 141 lazy Thor, so in this particular case the fact that you can repeat the missions many times doesn't really matter, because you'll likely be out of health packs before you're even done with one pass.

I can grind them just fine, the missions are only lv20 for me and i have a lv50 storm lv25 captain then random unleveled guy. The mission levels aren't the problem for me. Also wasn't talking about this event in particular just in general. They haven't gone back to TaT structure of 2 and done since they've done it. It's been this 5 times each reset ever since and I just don't like it if that's how every event is going to be.
  • Why isn't modern Thor a reward cover for one of the sub events?

Because that would be a cool thing for the devs to do.

Or instead lock out one of the sub events because you don't have a modern Thor.

The stupidity of this is mountain high.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Phantron wrote:

That's the impression I get also. Haven't started yet and looking at a level 150 Juggs out of the gate. Don't suppose the subsequent mission levels are lower without the loaned boosted lazy Thor?

I actually have a pretty good roster for this, but not looking forward to it if all the mobs are level 150+ and no healing. This might be an event where I rotate some toons solely to let them heal. Thor*** 1/1/1, Wolvie 85, Cap 83, IM40 83, Psylocke 80, MHawkeye 60, MStorm 50, BW 40. May put some more ISO into leveling IM40.
  • Tanking every day during the Hulk event must be working. I don't even know if intentionally losing many matches works or if I'm just weirdly getting low levels. People here are running into walls of 160-230s with a roster of L30s, while I'm running into ~L30s. I have 0/0/1 lazythor, maxed MBW, maxed MStorm.

The way lazythors are being handed out seem a little unfair. You needed BP to get lazythor covers, and you need lazythor covers to get more lazythor covers which will help you get more lazythor covers in Round 2 of this event. If people are having a rough time competing with my 0/0/1 lazy thor, I can't imagine how much of an advantage I'll have next round when I have it at 1/1/2 or maybe 0/1/2.

It just so happens the unfairness is in my favour, but it still feels a little wrong to snatch up all the lazy thor covers when seemingly a lot of dedicated players are being locked out due to this limiting roster.
  • mouser wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

That's the impression I get also. Haven't started yet and looking at a level 150 Juggs out of the gate. Don't suppose the subsequent mission levels are lower without the loaned boosted lazy Thor?

I actually have a pretty good roster for this, but not looking forward to it if all the mobs are level 150+ and no healing. This might be an event where I rotate some toons solely to let them heal. Thor*** 1/1/1, Wolvie 85, Cap 83, IM40 83, Psylocke 80, MHawkeye 60, MStorm 50, BW 40. May put some more ISO into leveling IM40.

Its not bad the jug was lv150 for me and the missions after it are in the 20s. That ones just high because he's alone and you get a lv220 thor.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    noknuckles wrote:
    Tanking every day during the Hulk event must be working. Scaling for me is wonky. People here are running into walls of 160-230s with a roster of L30s, while I'm running into ~L30s. I have 0/0/1 lazythor, maxed MBW, maxed MStorm.

The way lazythors are being handed out seem a little unfair. You needed BP to get lazythor covers, and you need lazythor covers to get more lazythor covers which will help you get more lazythor covers in Round 2 of this event. If people are having a rough time competing with my 0/0/1 lazy thor, I can't imagine how much of an advantage I'll have next round when I have it at 1/1/2 or maybe 0/1/2.

It just so happens the unfairness is in my favour, but it still feels a little wrong to snatch up all the lazy thor covers when seemingly a lot of dedicated players are being locked out due to this limiting roster.

For the bp covers, i dont think its as unfair just because they had a pvp tournaments that offered bp as a reward, giving everyone who wanted it a chance to win it. Its just the way this game works: you need to get the new cover to get the next new cover, but you can eventually break into this cycle through a random side event.
  • The hardest part of this event is pulling away from Dark Souls II long enough to participate.
  • mouser wrote:

That first 150 juggs mission has a 205 Modern Thor on your team. Do you guys even play the game, or just complain about it on the forums?
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    mouser wrote:

That first 150 juggs mission has a 205 Modern Thor on your team. Do you guys even play the game, or just complain about it on the forums?

Thank you for answering my question. The one that acknowledged there's a boosted lazy Thor in the first mission.
  • I'm trying to do everything once and the nodes at the end are quite hard to grind. I'm guessing you can do some of the all goons or Yelena/Bullseye missions more reliably but wanted to get everything done once for the bonus iso + guaranteed prize.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    I'm just not a fan of the available characters at all for this event. I could use a break anyway.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    mouser wrote:
    mouser wrote:

Thank you for answering my question. The one that acknowledged there's a boosted lazy Thor in the first mission.

Yeah, the levels are lower in the following fights. For me, the first fight has 150 Juggernaut but the 2nd fight has a level 53 Juggernaut (was level 70 the previous time I checked). There is no loaned Thor given in any of the other missions, but he is required for 3 fights. The first mission is the only non-repeatable quest though, so that's the only time you'l be able to use him. The highest levels I see are 132 Daken/Lieutenant/Soldier, but some of the other fights look harder but with lower level enemies.

Edit: I'm using Thor(Modern), Storm(Modern) & BlackWidow(Modern). It's been fairly tough, but I haven't wiped yet. The closest I came was having 2 heroes down & Thor down to a few hundred hp.
  • Haven't started yet but I'm really looking forward to using Iron Man and Captain America with the gifted Thor on the first mission just for the Avengers Assemble nostalgia. Too bad it's not an Avengers villain.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Jugg + Hood + Maggia is funny icon_lol.gif
  • By the way, the +50% H.A.M.M.E.R damage buffs cost 500 HP for 5!!! so don't waste them icon_e_smile.gif
  • SolidQ wrote:

I think it's funny that they think I'm going to attempt that without a boosted character I already have high leveled. I might try it in the very last push for points at the end, but like hell I'm attempting it this early. What's driving me bonkers is how the top people in my bracket have 1 cover in Lazythor, none of the rare heroes, but able to clear everything seemingly repeatedly. That's cool. Whatever. Guess my 100 IM40 and 104 Psylocke are just turds on the sidewalk.
  • kind of lucky I have a really diversified roster. I knew the IM40 was going to be useful so I picked up 3 sets of covers and got 3 covers for 3*thor. I've been doing pretty will with psylocke, 3*thor and captain america. cleared the board with maybe 6 health packs. but I will probably experiment more, could use more board control, caps stun takes too long so I would love to get BW if I can manage to protect her.

although this event is forcing me to change my play strategy and make use of Psylocke's strike and attack tiles a lot more. Just doesnt seem to have a great damage dealer in the featured character list. IM40 takes too long to power up. maybe I'll try wolverine with his red power but that conflicts with psylocke a little.

also, I have not seen any level 200 opponents despite placing 150 in the hulk event and not losing any matches in Juggs. my PvE MMR should be pretty high at this point. the max level I see is Daken-96/Lieutenant-97/Soldier-97

that said, this event has not been a cake walk because it's hard to have a balanced team
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    SolidQ wrote:

I'm curious, it seems there is another mission after that one, who are the enemies? I doubt I'll find out myself...
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    SolidQ wrote:

I think it's funny that they think I'm going to attempt that without a boosted character I already have high leveled. I might try it in the very last push for points at the end, but like hell I'm attempting it this early. What's driving me bonkers is how the top people in my bracket have 1 cover in Lazythor, none of the rare heroes, but able to clear everything seemingly repeatedly. That's cool. Whatever. Guess my 100 IM40 and 104 Psylocke are just turds on the sidewalk.

Looking at the top scores in my bracket I think it's quite easy to get that score by just beating the all goons missions plus stuff like Yelena + Bullseye mission, which should be quite easy with that roster. I want to do everything once for the sake of completeness and Daken/The Hood is slapping me silly, but I'm pretty sure I can do much better, standing-wise, if I just wimped out on them and beat up Yelena instead.