Heroic jugg discussion

Options

Comments

• Daken is painful without Spiderman. I saw a level 80 Daken and figure no problem. Big mistake. It literally came down to the last hit, he's sitting at 250 HP and I need a 2 chain to take him out and I studied the board for 10 minutes and finally saw it, and I had like 2 digit HP left on my last character. It's epic, but probably needlessly epic. icon_e_sad.gif
  • chamber44 wrote:
    Knock3r wrote:
    Interesting. They're showing the odds of what you get now in a event pack, with a Pack Info button:

Character 1 Pack 10 Packs
    Thor (Modern) 4.76% 14.29%
    Psylocke (Classic) 4.76% 4.76%
    Iron Man (Model 40) 4.76% 4.76%
    Wolverine (Ast.) 28.57% 25.4%
    Hawkeye (Modern) 28.57% 25.4%
    Capt. America (Modern) 28.57% 25.4%

Im guessing they did this so people know that the 10 pack has a better chance of getting a lazythor, which is somewhat nice to know.
    i can't believe they want 3800 HP for a CHANCE (and not a great one) of LazyThor. After pulling 5 bagman covers from a 10 pack, i'll never buy one again.

The chance is per pack, so you'd be expected 1.42 Thors in a 10 pack. Compared to the past, where 1 is guaranteed and rest is normal chance, you'd get 1 + about 40% chance of getting a Thor.

Granted, most people would probably prefer the guaranteed Thor, but it averages out to be the same.
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Daken is painful without Spiderman. I saw a level 80 Daken and figure no problem. Big mistake. It literally came down to the last hit, he's sitting at 250 HP and I need a 2 chain to take him out and I studied the board for 10 minutes and finally saw it, and I had like 2 digit HP left on my last character. It's epic, but probably needlessly epic. icon_e_sad.gif

c'mon! I think thats what i would look in a game! exciting matches!

A 1* black widow with 3 purple cover lvl 1 can go a long way in this event.
  • What a dull collection of heroes
  • Phantron wrote:
    Daken is painful without Spiderman. I saw a level 80 Daken and figure no problem. Big mistake. It literally came down to the last hit, he's sitting at 250 HP and I need a 2 chain to take him out and I studied the board for 10 minutes and finally saw it, and I had like 2 digit HP left on my last character. It's epic, but probably needlessly epic. icon_e_sad.gif

Slight over exaggeration Phantron? icon_rolleyes.gif

Does sound epic though, if a little painful.
  • My word this whole thing is horrendously boring. No thanks.
  • I'm finding the recent PvE events boring. Rewards are a lame "gold" 2* Thor. There's only so many times fighting the same ultra boosted bad guys can be enjoyable. Won a few juggy mission then died a bunch. It is more difficult since we can only use a handful of heroes.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Looool so now we know why IM40 was so often as a reward lately icon_e_smile.gif

Looks like a pretty tough event, especially to all the people without Lazythor.

Yep, just made a note in Hulk topic that those who struggled to get all 3 covers now get serious reward. The 110 lvl LazyThor with all abilities at hand quite rules over the other available folks.

(btw sent you a PM on alliance)
  • Please remind me how this thing works? Points still reset every 8 or 12 hours?
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    akboyce wrote:
    morgh wrote:
    why the hell do I get level 230 enemies with my IM40 at lvl 39 and mThor at lvl 20 is just beyond me...

IceIX has stated that your roster has zero impact on the scaling in PVE events. It is based purely on your hidden PVE MMR which is based on how you perform in PVE events. I imagine you have done reasonably well in previous PVE events so you have a higher MMR. I know this knowledge does not make the current situation any better though.

Oh I see... well at least it makes more sense then such scaling based on that tinykitty roster...
    So - to get my "PvE MMR" down, I should take really **** places in those 2 sub-events now? icon_e_wink.gif
    Or should I suicide a lot?

If it's based on total ISO spent on your roster, selling your characters over level 100 should do the trick. icon_lol.gif
  • pasa_ wrote:
    Please remind me how this thing works? Points still reset every 8 or 12 hours?

At a guess 12 hours.
  • I don't get all this preemptive whining about level 230s. It seems pretty clear people haven't actually tried this event because a level 100 Daken is spanking me left and right with this limited roster. Assuming you didn't dump a lot of HP into lazy Thor, the best roster you could have is maybe Psylocke/IM40 and Daken will just laugh at you even when he's only level 100. Since all the environment are city, even Modern Storm can't help you.
  • Knock3r wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    Looool so now we know why IM40 was so often as a reward lately icon_e_smile.gif

Looks like a pretty tough event, especially to all the people without Lazythor.

Lazythor doesn't help that much. My lvl 20 1/1/1 Lazythor is buffed to be lvl 110 with 6819 health, but his red only does 419 damage, yellow does 777, and green does 1196/598 damage. Not really a game changer.

Still looks soo much better than my lvl43 Hawkeye with 1400 health and 800/1200 damage if counters actually survive.

I'd need some ungodly amount of ISO pumped into IM40 to come even close. Guess I'm not alone who eeps most of the available characters on low levels if at all, for us yes, he is a game changer.
  • I do like that the 11-20 tier gives both yellow and green for Thor, along with green for 21-50. As his desired build looks to be just like 2* (3/5/5), if you place a little lower you're still getting useful covers for him. On a side note, I'm feeling much better about pushing Psylocke to 100 before when she was boosted for PvP/PvE.

Can't start this one right away, wonder if the longer event time means that refresh times will be pushed to 10-12 hours?

It would also be nice if they switched up the required roster for Round 2 so that another group of non-Spidey characters get a chance to shine. I'm anticipating some Spidey withdrawals very soon icon_e_smile.gif, but I guess we had to start figuring out post-stunlock life eventually!
  • I bet this is going to be the least completed PvE event
  • Phantron wrote:
    I don't get all this preemptive whining about level 230s. It seems pretty clear people haven't actually tried this event because a level 100 Daken is spanking me left and right with this limited roster. Assuming you didn't dump a lot of HP into lazy Thor, the best roster you could have is maybe Psylocke/IM40 and Daken will just laugh at you even when he's only level 100. Since all the environment are city, even Modern Storm can't help you.

I too think whining about 230s became old weeks ago -- I only decide to play or not and move on. But discussing strategy is good. I.e. I completely forgot about MStorm (still my favorite) untul a guy mentioned it on Hulk, and she indeed won all the games with ease on desert (that gave me quite hard time really).

Yeah, city will not be really helpful. But whoever finds the key teams shall tell. Against Daken i think the saturation tricks could be still viable, we have Wolverine and MStorm -- heilstorm can cover a plenty of tiles and Wol's regen was pretty handy in previous heroic IIRC. Also captain and hawk can stun.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    abuelo wrote:
    I bet this is going to be the least completed PvE event

Nah, that would be heroic oscorp. This at least has more tuned scaling. Ish.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Moral wrote:
    morgh wrote:
    akboyce wrote:
    morgh wrote:
    why the hell do I get level 230 enemies with my IM40 at lvl 39 and mThor at lvl 20 is just beyond me...

IceIX has stated that your roster has zero impact on the scaling in PVE events. It is based purely on your hidden PVE MMR which is based on how you perform in PVE events. I imagine you have done reasonably well in previous PVE events so you have a higher MMR. I know this knowledge does not make the current situation any better though.

Oh I see... well at least it makes more sense then such scaling based on that tinykitty roster...
    So - to get my "PvE MMR" down, I should take really **** places in those 2 sub-events now? icon_e_wink.gif
    Or should I suicide a lot?

If it's based on total ISO spent on your roster, selling your characters over level 100 should do the trick. icon_lol.gif

umm... no such characters on my roster :S
  • I'm finding Psylocke/Wolverine works out pretty well in this limited roster. You want to put 2 red strike tiles with Feral Claws so you can get Psylocke's good red strike tiles for cheap. If you have more than 3 you need to actually destroy your own strike tiles to place Psylocke's. Forget about trying to do damage with Psylocke at 5 red because you don't have your usual bag of tricks to generate AP and every AP is precious and using 5 red AP to do 800 damage without placing a strike tile is a waste (that's 160 damage per red, better off just using Adamantium Slash). Thor still has 6000 HP and is tanking red/green/yellow even though he's sort of just standing there most of the time. Thunder Strike can occasionally nail a troublesome green countdown tile even at level 1, and that's quite worth it if it's a Flamethrower.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I don't get all this preemptive whining about level 230s. It seems pretty clear people haven't actually tried this event because a level 100 Daken is spanking me left and right with this limited roster. Assuming you didn't dump a lot of HP into lazy Thor, the best roster you could have is maybe Psylocke/IM40 and Daken will just laugh at you even when he's only level 100. Since all the environment are city, even Modern Storm can't help you.
    Hey man... what 'preemptive'? I am staring at a lvl 230 Yelena+Bullseye+goon... trust me... unstoppable with mThor lvl 20 (110 boosted), Storm lvl 50, Psylock lvl 51 and IM40 lvl 39...