Heroic jugg discussion

Options

Comments

• Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Having one buffed hero then didn't go down too well either.
    They really need to add at least mini buffs to some other heroes.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    Having one buffed hero then didn't go down too well either.
    They really need to add at least mini buffs to some other heroes.
    They have it - it's called iso
  • The fact that the enemy you fight arne't level 200 is the same thing as having your heroes being buffed.

People just aren't used to the fact that their usual bag of cheap tricks no longer work and forgot that you're actually supposed to take a lot of damage in this game. There are still quite a few easy nodes that you can farm safely, but if you want to fight say The Hood + Muscle + Juggernaut, expect to get hurt, a lot.
  • I definitely messed up joining the event early. Next round, I start with 15 hours left in the event, hit the second refresh that a lot of people will not be looking for, and place easily within the top 100.

At least, in theory. I have never entered an event so late before. Anyone try that with Oscorp Heroic?
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    I definitely messed up joining the event early. Next round, I start with 15 hours left in the event, hit the second refresh that a lot of people will not be looking for, and place easily within the top 100.

At least, in theory. I have never entered an event so late before. Anyone try that with Oscorp Heroic?

Heroic Oscorp didn't have rubberbanding and was primarily progression reward focused, so it would have been a bad idea to try to do so.
  • Nemek wrote:
    Ghast wrote:
    I definitely messed up joining the event early. Next round, I start with 15 hours left in the event, hit the second refresh that a lot of people will not be looking for, and place easily within the top 100.

Heroic Oscorp didn't have rubberbanding and was primarily progression reward focused, so it would have been a bad idea to try to do so.

Aside from the 10K for Daredevil there isn't any real note worthy progression prizes (probably 2 tokens along the way too). While there are some really nice awards at the top, nobody I know got anywhere close to them.
  • Ghast wrote:

This is more or less what I want to do for all PVE (other than Hulk) but the progression rewards for this one is what finally gave me the will power to hold off for this long icon_mrgreen.gif

It's going to suck when we all start doing it this way.
  • You really don't need much willpower to play this event less. Just fight The Hood and pretty soon you won't be able to fight him anymore even if you wanted to, unless you're one of those hardcore guys that goes to Prologue to heal up.
  • This is more or less what I want to do for all PVE (other than Hulk) but the progression rewards for this one is what finally gave me the will power to hold off for this long icon_mrgreen.gif

It's going to suck when we all start doing it this way.

Please let us know how it goes. It is not a great way to get ISO from the matches, but it sounds like a viable way to get at least one cover.

I have noticed that Modern Thor on the"Recruit Heroes" tab looks like he really needs to go to the bathroom, so maybe I do not even want him around.
  • Hey, I was wondering what set up people used for the Daken/Rag/Ares node. I haven't attempted it yet because I didn't want to risk killing off all my characters and losing time waiting for health regen.
  • Hey, I was wondering what set up people used for the Daken/Rag/Ares node. I haven't attempted it yet because I didn't want to risk killing off all my characters and losing time waiting for health regen.

I'm alternating between Thor/Psylocke/Modern Storm and Thor/Psylocke/Wolverine. Wolverine is better if you start out boosted because the enemies are low enough that you can often kill them with an Adamantium Slash, or at least close to, but overall Modern Storm is a better choice because you need AP generation and tile removal abilities, and while Modern Storm is great at targetting any specific tile you need to remove, you can quickly have a whole mess of strike tiles to remove when Daken is around and you'd definitely nail some just due to their sheer numbers.
  • Ah, I should have mentioned that I'm lacking Thor, or otherwise I probably wouldn't be so concerned about the fight. My Psylocke isn't really in workable shape - two covers, so I'm pretty much stuck with Storm/Widow/Cap/Wolverine.

In my matches, Rag uses his green and red attacks instead of letting Ares use his. I kept Daken stunned whenever possible with MBW and brought Wolverine and Iron Man Model 40 for damage, AP generation and tanking. At level 79, my Iron Man's yellow is just weaker than Wolverine's, so I get to put Wolverine out front and heal him with yellow matches while Iron Man gets ready to charge for AP. One good charge lets Wolverine bust out a few strike tiles before whacking them with his red ~3000 red attack while MBW usually has enough juice for another stun.

I regret leveling her up to 25. If my MBW were 2/5 and level 1, she would be virtually unstoppable unless the battle went very wrong. Or Ares used his red. Or a single lvl 1 goon showed up.

EDIT: Do not be scared off by the Daken/Rags/Mags node just after completing this one. Mags only uses Magnetic Projectile once per turn if he can and Rag only has enough AP for his little green attack. Just deny pink/purple and keep Daken stunned. Those strike tiles are the real enemy.
  • radav
    radav Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This event is just.... to give a good idea just how rough it is. I'm #87 in my bracket and I haven't even cleared all the nodes once yet. I think I still have the last 2 where the 1st one starts with Magneto... he ruined my day big time when I tried it. My best characters for this are the buffed but barely useful Thor, 85 Wolvie, 100 IM40 and 70 Capt. America. I like the idea of these heroic events but in practice they become really annoying real fast due to the weird roster of heroes. What makes it worse is in this event is that you then get stuck having to fight the "cheesiest" of villains in Juggernaut the man who can run right through one of your characters for the oh so low cost of 6 red tiles. People cry about Spiderman being OP but, you've got too many villains where you desperately need to lock them out of using their abilities or else you just get mowed down in the blink of an eye with no recourse. Once they do balance Spidey or Magneto they'd better do the same to villains like Ragnarok, Ares, Juggernaut, Daken or the Lt. Goon who can spam heal like crazy, etc. Luckily for some reason the AI seems to have decided that it's going to prioritize completely useless AP over red and green cause I wouldn't have come close to winning 75% of the missions I completed.
  • radav wrote:
    Once they do balance Spidey or Magneto they'd better do the same to villains like Ragnarok, Ares, Juggernaut, Daken or the Lt. Goon

They, umm, already nerfed Rags. His powers used to cost 3AP apiece and he used both every turn. Deny him Red to avoid letting him whack your 1* heroes for 1500+ damage.

PSA: Safety First. Don't let Ragnarok give you the 'Clap.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've been lucky enough to have reasonably leveled Modern Widow (LV 40) and Modern Storm (LV 47).

My third is a LV 62 IM40, because that's the highest leveled character I have right now that's able to participate in the event.

Still, I'd like to not have matches of LV 90 or higher enemies when my best character for this event is LV 62. All the ISO I've been making has been diverted from Grey Suit and Punisher to IM40 just so that I can be a bit more competitive.

I'm not particularly peeved by this event, but it's a little annoying that you're in for a tough ride unless you have Modern Thor, in which case it's easy mode.

How many yellow covers does your Iron Man have?

I have raised my to 4 to be able to level him more, but in this event it is actually helping Black Widow with stealing AP.
  • In my jugs games the AI picks up the available reds first^Wsecond thing. After 4-matches. If I don't take it, they do.

IceIX mentioned some "thwart" factor in the AI that kicks in with some chance and makes it not shoot a ready ability. Baybe it is applied as matches too -- but it has an overall small chance to count on.
  • Ghast wrote:
    radav wrote:
    Once they do balance Spidey or Magneto they'd better do the same to villains like Ragnarok, Ares, Juggernaut, Daken or the Lt. Goon

They, umm, already nerfed Rags. His powers used to cost 3AP apiece and he used both every turn. Deny him Red to avoid letting him whack your 1* heroes for 1500+ damage.

It was 2AP on level 5.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    Ghast wrote:
    radav wrote:

It was 2AP on level 5.

fun times icon_twisted.gif
  • Man, I haven't seen nodes I just can't pass since Simulator, but hood/maggia/jugg is just freaking brutal