***** The Hulk (Bruce Banner) *****

Options

Comments

• Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    jobob wrote:
    I haven't played with him yet, but I am underwhelmed with him on offense.

I think he stacks up as a decent defensive character though. Attack tiles will chip away at your health. The green AP gen... while not especially useful on offense, will make it harder to deny him green on defense (which you obviously want to do), because you can't just match it all away.

He looks like he's going to be wildly inconsistent, which is what makes a character frustrating on defense. Kind of like Ant-Man or Professor X, who can be easy wins... but then you get that one match where s*** gets out of hand and goes sideways and you wipe. I think Hulk could be this type of character, and generate some defensive wins for your team.

I think one of the biggest problems is the green production. Hulk needs a good power to create green so he can feed both the transformation and the attacks. Blue was supposed to be that power, but it clearly is not. If blue was more inline with 3* Hulk, this Hulk would be a force of nature, like doing 8k AoE every two or three turns (of course he should have the power both in banner and hulk form, it even makes more sense to have it just in Hulk form).

Hulk gets stronger whenever he gets mad this is something 3* Hulk has, Rhulk has, Chulk doesn't, and it is completely absent from this one (why devs, why copy Chulk !!!!!). This Hulk needs a power to feed him green, not when the board is empty, when he gets mad (he is attacked). If it is when the board is empty then it needs to trigger more easily, like less than 9 !!!

PS: I find it amazing that Devs don't know that less than 7 almost never triggers, do they test their chars in normal game scenarios???? And what is the point to use someone like Howard so blue can trigger removing all green ?!?!?! We want to add green, no, not add, we want to FILL the board with green!, that is the goal, not remove all green to trigger blue and add a couple of greens, and some paltry 1k damage :S

Hardily ever =/= never.

Also I was mentioning Howard as more of a counter by kicking the **** out of the green.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The first 5* character that I have absolutely no desire to roster!
  • Thevipper
    Thevipper Posts: 90
    Options
    Finding out hulk gets 5* icon_e_biggrin.gif. Finding out his skills icon_evil.gif he dosent look that bad but icon_rolleyes.gif he has regen in comics where's his. he is 1 of the strongest and he cant even touch oml what a **** joke bright side take your **** oml and make all the strikes you can you should be able to finally put mc hammer to rest....
  • Vyshus
    Vyshus Posts: 18
    Options
    I made a video and it's a first for me so it's not perfect. I'd like to point out that I didn't need to use a health pack on Banner after 5 straight battles. The video was long so i split it up into two.

1of2
    https://youtu.be/w-APBwRWuQM

2of2
    https://youtu.be/vQR5ExfBuKY
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah, he's pretty slick.
    Even one cover on The Other Guy makes it pretty easy to turn into hulk... do a lot of damage and get a ton of free AP (Note that he has higher match damage than Banner), get killed, then 2 turns later back into a fully-healed Hulk. With a couple Strikes out his damage is even better.
  • Blahahah
    Options
    Yeah Hulk might end up being one of the best just for the sheer difficulty of actually putting him down.

I mean if a 40k OML isn't easy to gib, I don't see how a monsterous possibly 150k Hulk is going to be brought down.
    If the guy actually did beefy damage all of the time, then it'd be damn near impossible to beat him.

So thank the devs we didn't get 5* World War Hulk otherwise the game would be completely dunked.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Blahahah wrote:
    Yeah Hulk might end up being one of the best just for the sheer difficulty of actually putting him down.

I mean if a 40k OML isn't easy to gib, I don't see how a monsterous possibly 150k Hulk is going to be brought down.
    If the guy actually did beefy damage all of the time, then it'd be damn near impossible to beat him.

So thank the devs we didn't get 5* World War Hulk otherwise the game would be completely dunked.

Well If you time it right (get all the AP before launching the attacks), the top tier 5s can kill him in a turn:

GG, Black to kill hulk, then purple in red tiles (you fire the ability on the previous turn) to kill Banner
    OML, transform and then yellow + red kills hulk, then black to kill banner

Of course if the team is Banner + top tier 5, then all this time you are getting the AP to kill him, can be used by the other 5 to hurt you bad, so I see people using him as deterrent in PvP... In a year from now icon_razz.gif

So, for me the best tactic is to fire all the attacks you can to hurt Banner as fast as possible, and then to kill Hulk you can even do it with strikes+match damage, it is not worth it to waste AP on him if you can kill him with match damage, cascades, etc. The problem this char has it is that he is not that dangerous, specially against people like OML, PH or SS that can easily soak Hulk green damage.
  • Vyshus
    Vyshus Posts: 18
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:

Well If you time it right (get all the AP before launching the attacks), the top tier 5s can kill him in a turn:

GG, Black to kill hulk, then purple in red tiles (you fire the ability on the previous turn) to kill Banner
    OML, transform and then yellow + red kills hulk, then black to kill banner

Of course if the team is Banner + top tier 5, then all this time you are getting the AP to kill him, can be used by the other 5 to hurt you bad, so I see people using him as deterrent in PvP... In a year from now icon_razz.gif

So, for me the best tactic is to fire all the attacks you can to hurt Banner as fast as possible, and then to kill Hulk you can even do it with strikes+match damage, it is not worth it to waste AP on him if you can kill him with match damage, cascades, etc. The problem this char has it is that he is not that dangerous, specially against people like OML, PH or SS that can easily soak Hulk green damage.

Just to be clear your tactic is the same tac for all 5* and Banner should only be teamed with other 5* otherwise what's the point? His free (non-AP) attack is wasted on 3 and 4 star teams. Now I posted a video because it's impossible to gauge how good/bad hulk can be. We can't predict what the Hulk AI will do after the enemy AI goes. For example will he have a massive cascade, set me up with a 4/5 tile match, or screw me and waste a color that's needed. He is fun to play and that's that. Also, the majority of top tier players only have OML PH SS and I don't consider any 5* dangerous.... unless your fighting KDN icon_lol.gif
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Blahahah wrote:

To be fair, it's hard to accurately gauge how much health OML effectively has. If you can take him out in a turn, it's only 40k, but some matches he will absorb 100k in damage or more.
  • Blahahah
    Options
    Polares wrote:

Polaris, what does the scouter say about his health level? icon_e_surprised.gif
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My first impression from this was that it's the shittiest 5* there is. After seeing those videos above, I think he might be one of the best
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mckauhu wrote:
    My first impression from this was that it's the tinykitty 5* there is. After seeing those videos above, I think he might be one of the best

Let's not get carried away now... he is better than non-regenerating or non-high spike damage 5 stars. That is about it. Still makes him better than a lot of the 5 stars out there, but not the best.
  • mckauhu
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    mckauhu wrote:
    My first impression from this was that it's the tinykitty 5* there is. After seeing those videos above, I think he might be one of the best

Let's not get carried away now... he is better than non-regenerating or non-high spike damage 5 stars. That is about it. Still makes him better than a lot of the 5 stars out there, but not the best.

That's why I said "one of the best". He could have slightly better skills though that passive damage/green generator isn't very efficient and rarely fired. But team damage like that pretty often is cool and since he is so hard to down, he can do kind a lot that damage before going down. Weak damage, but possibly lots of times.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mckauhu wrote:
    notamutant wrote:
    mckauhu wrote:

That's why I said "one of the best". He could have slightly better skills though that passive damage/green generator isn't very efficient and rarely fired. But team damage like that pretty often is cool and since he is so hard to down, he can do kind a lot that damage before going down. Weak damage, but possibly lots of times.

Dont get me wrong, but the real hero from that video (the second one, the first I cant see any longer) is Spidey. The other team fires PH red and OML black in the same turn (this is 1.6k+2.4k=4k extra damage!), and if Hulk & co survive is because of Spider's purple.
  • Blahahah
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    mckauhu wrote:
    notamutant wrote:
    mckauhu wrote:

Dont get me wrong, but the real hero from that video (the second one, the first I cant see any longer) is Spidey. The other team fires PH red and OML black in the same turn (this is 1.6k+2.4k=4k extra damage!), and if Hulk & co survive is because of Spider's purple.

Ya know, I was just thinking about how he would work well with SpiderMan 5* and Green Goblin.
  • mckauhu
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    mckauhu wrote:
    notamutant wrote:
    mckauhu wrote:

Yeah true, Spidey is superior in every way
  • Blahahah
    Options
    mckauhu wrote:
    Yeah true, Spidey is superior in every way

Well why not both?
    Spidey makes it so his Smartest Guy in the Room pumps out OML black levels of power with no real draw back. Trying to fight into Hulk without having any damage buffs would probably be quite difficult. "Superior" is debatable as we haven't seen him go full-salvo in action (obviously, he just came out), but working together they would probably be a good combination.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Except Banner creates attack tiles and BSS nullifies strike tiles.
  • Blahahah
    Options
    Except Banner creates attack tiles and BSS nullifies strike tiles.

I must've misread it. icon_e_sad.gif Sorry.
  • torontoraptors
    Options
    5* cap and Ironman look like their counterparts in the Avenger movies but why doesn't Bruce banner doesn't look like mark buffalo?