***** The Hulk (Bruce Banner) *****

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blahahah wrote:
    why does he have only OML/Phx level health? totally goes against what you've been doing with hulk since the first one.
    Because he is constantly throwing up a 45k buffer shield every time he transforms. He essentially probably has the most practical hp in the game, but he doesn't get it all at once.

The fact that punt scientist Bruce Banner has hp on par with the Phoenix force is pretty beefy.

In fact Banner should have even less health, it should be the hulk when transformed the one with a lot of health.

He is a clear 3/5/5 depending on which abilities determine the level of green and red. He is very cool but I am still undecided how good it is. If he can trigger the transformation more than once, and the hulk always has the same starting hitpoints he is going to be the ultimate tank.

Text for blue power is wrong at 450 level.

Questions:

1. How much health does the Hulk have at various levels?
    2. What happens to Bruce's health on return from being the Hulk - same as before his transformation?
    3. On second and subsequent transformations, does Hulk come out at his full health again (whatever that may be)?
    4. What happens when Hulk is downed as the last character standing?
    5. Is Hulk's smash 5k or 9k at L450?
    6. The blue passive as it's currently listed in the first post says it changes 2 tiles at 3 covers and 1 tile at 4-5 covers at max level - a typo?
    7. Does Bruce's match damage numbers change to favor Green/Red when transformed to be the Hulk?
    8. Which is the level of the abilities for red and green, the same as purple? Or they don't have level?
    9. Does hulk spend the green when he transforms?

PS: I think red and green have also levels and this is why it is listed here as just 5k AoE (probably level 1) and in the article it said 9k at level 5
  • h4n1s
    h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Blahahah wrote:
    h4n1s wrote:
    (yes random AI matches ending the turn, but coming with devastating impact).

?

yeah, I was under impression that that is what this power does:

GRAAAGH - 0 redtile.png AP
    (PASSIVE) The Hulk goes berserk, wreaking havoc on your foes. At the start of each turn, Hulk makes a match for you, dealing damage but receiving no AP. This clears lines and creates Critical tiles as normal (but no extra turns).
    When the Hulk is downed he returns to Banner form.
    Level 450: No change.

but if it doesn't end the turn, even better.....
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    h4n1s wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:
    h4n1s wrote:
    (yes random AI matches ending the turn, but coming with devastating impact).

?

yeah, I was under impression that that is what this power does:

(PASSIVE) The Hulk goes berserk, wreaking havoc on your foes. At the start of each turn, Hulk makes a match for you, dealing damage but receiving no AP. This clears lines and creates Critical tiles as normal (but no extra turns).

but if it doesn't end the turn, even better.....
    It doesn't. He matches first then you get to.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    He is a clear 3/5/5 depending on which abilities determine the level of green and red. He is very cool but I am still undecided how good it is. If he can trigger the transformation more than once, and the hulk always has the same starting hitpoints he is going to be the ultimate tank.

I'm more inclined to go 4/4/5; the fourth blue cover doubles the benefits you get from it and even though it won't go off that much, I'm not going to use Smartest Guy In The Room very often either.
  • Banjo
    Banjo Posts: 59 Match Maker
    I'd probably go 4/4/5 as well - sometime around 3216 when I have him fully covered...
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Actually looking at him, he would pair well with Howard the Duck.

Sounds weird, but think about it. Howard can pop any tiles Smartest Man makes for a good stun, OR he can outright eliminate all of the green on the board for Bruce's passive to kick in. Also he doesn't really clash on colors and he can pop invisibility, meaning Hulk will usually be able to pop in and out as he needs to. Lots of healthy start-of-turn collateral damage too.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:

I'm more inclined to go 4/4/5; the fourth blue cover doubles the benefits you get from it and even though it won't go off that much, I'm not going to use Smartest Guy In The Room very often either.

But you have to think, how many times am I going to have less than 7 green tiles on the board? (how many times have you used chulks dogs as reference) How many times I will fire a 7AP power? Blue is a passive so that is a plus, and black is a strong color but you are far more likely to benefit for the extra cover in black than in blue.
    Blahahah wrote:
    Actually looking at him, he would pair well with Howard the Duck.

Sounds weird, but think about it. Howard can pop any tiles Smartest Man makes for a good stun, OR he can outright eliminate all of the green on the board for Bruce's passive to kick in. Also he doesn't really clash on colors and he can pop invisibility, meaning Hulk will usually be able to pop in and out as he needs to. Lots of healthy start-of-turn collateral damage too.

I don't see any advantage in removing all green from the board or not letting your 5 transform into its more strongest form...
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    How many times will I fire a 7AP power that deals almost as much damage to me as to my enemies, only creates special tiles that could be matched away before they help, and overlaps with OML? Probably less than I'll find myself with a green-starved board when I'm rushing that color.
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    I'm out of office today, but things do change from when I post stats to when the version goes live due to balancing etc. I will try and confirm the powers as hulk again tomorrow. Qa reported almost 9000 damage, but when I wrote the details it was less then that. When this happens I will of course update and will spend time updating tomorrow.

To answer about Bruce coming back, he comes back with the health he had before transforming into the hulk after the hulk is downed, this covers even if all other team mates are down. So you can be put in a loop of hulk/Bruce coming back over and over if you can't disable the countdown tile.

Any other questions will have to be tomorrow because I do not have my computer on me.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:
    To answer about Bruce coming back, yes he comes back full health no matter what if the hulk is downed, this covers even if all other team mates are down. So you can be put in a loop of hulk/Bruce coming back over and over if you can't disable the countdown tile.

Thanks for the update Cthulhu! Enjoy your day off.

Woah, transformation in either direction equals full health?!?!

That instantly catapults him up to top tier, right? The only way to beat him is to save up enough ap kill banner in 2 turns.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx wrote:
    The only way to beat him is to save up enough ap kill banner in 2 turns.
    That depends on if a stunned Hulk will come back at Banner or go down without a fight.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:
    To answer about Bruce coming back, yes he comes back full health no matter what if the hulk is downed, this covers even if all other team mates are down. So you can be put in a loop of hulk/Bruce coming back over and over if you can't disable the countdown tile.

That instantly catapults him up to top tier, right? The only way to beat him is to save up enough ap kill banner in 2 turns.

Well, the Hulk and Banner can both be stunned. So I would guess this will be like when the first Hulk came out. As long as you can keep him stun-locked, he is useless.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Cthulhu wrote:

Returns to Banner form and is downed, at full health, or somewhere between?
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    notamutant wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:

Well, the Hulk and Banner can both be stunned. So I would guess this will be like when the first Hulk came out. As long as you can keep him stun-locked, he is useless.

If Hulk is stunned for 5 turns (thank you, MBW TU!) and you down him w/ some turns left on the stun, does he come back as stunned Bruce or un-stunned?

And, saying someone is useless because they're stun-locked applies to almost anyone, so not really a fair criticism IMO. OML is useless if you stun-lock him the whole match.
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Sorry, I was incorrect, here is an update on the rebirth of banner:

When the player beats the transformed version of the hulk, a Hulk appears with set HP (it always starts as "full"). When the transformed version is downed, Bruce Banner is returned with the health he had before transforming.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Edit: Thanks for the quick answer!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:

Not saying he will be unbeatable. Just saying that he will be top tier if transformation in either direction = 45k new health.

Stunlocking is a powerful tool, and will help drop banner to be sure. But if you are stunlocking banner, then you aren't stunlocking someone else, like peggy. That suggests that he is a very dangerous (i.e. top tier) opponent. QED
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Cthulhu
    So only 9k team damage at 450lvl? icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    What is his match damage in Hulk form?
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    Does the 2nd form have the same max health?
    Does the 2nd form have the same tile damages?
    Is the transform tile always purple?
    Do the passive matches give AP for the extra tiles in line destruction?
    If the passive match would normally be done by another character (because their tile damage would be worth more) does it still go with the Hulk's damage?