***** The Hulk (Bruce Banner) *****

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since this is a 5*, I wonder if the massive damage potential could come from critical tiles.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Exactly... unless they bump the overall pull rate again, or split off a 3rd token type, adding more 5*s means that a good proportion of players will literally never fully cover any 5*, even if they get all the progression CP available.

If only there was a way to get more cp!!
    I'm still living in an alternate timeline where when Hi-Fi and Ice told us we wouldn't be able to buy and whale 5*s, that ended up being true...
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    my guess is definitely Banner/Hulk transformation, would make sense given the 2 passives.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    5* Hulk released soon (assuming it's Hulk)? Added to LTs this week? Does the TBA in the events include a special release event? So many questions, so impatient!
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    LordXberk wrote:
    5* Hulk released soon (assuming it's Hulk)? Added to LTs this week? Does the TBA in the events include a special release event? So many questions, so impatient!

Yeah a part from knowing who it is and getting the stats, being a 5 it is even more important knowing when it is going to be added to LTs, and what will happen with GG. Is he going to classic? Is he going to stay in new? Are chances going to be split? etc, etc.
  • 10 billion percent sure it's banner, the lack of green is to throw us off and instead it's purple referring to hulk's trademark's pants.
  • Banjo
    Banjo Posts: 59 Match Maker
    simonsez wrote:
    Exactly... unless they bump the overall pull rate again, or split off a 3rd token type, adding more 5*s means that a good proportion of players will literally never fully cover any 5*, even if they get all the progression CP available.

Move 4*'s to Gold tokens, make LT's 35 CP each with all 5*'s included?

I picked up my first 5* in ages this morning, after far too many LameHulks, & what did I get? A yellow 5* Iron Man, to go alongside the one other cover I have for him. Other than Cap I now have at least one cover of all the 5*'s, & the only one I ever use is OML with 1 black 3 yellow. Either seriously up the drop rate for 5*'s or split them into their own tokens. Just can't get excited about new 5*'s because you just know they're going to be unused & pointless for such a long time.
  • Mitchjewitz
    Mitchjewitz Posts: 84 Match Maker
    The devs have always said that the latest legends will contain the latest 3 5*s. This means that with this char's release GG will go to classic legends. Now whether or not they change the odds is up to them. I'm guessing they won't change the odds until classics go below 2% each.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    The devs have always said that the latest legends will contain the latest 3 5*s. This means that with this char's release GG will go to classic legends. Now whether or not they change the odds is up to them. I'm guessing they won't change the odds until classics go below 2% each.

Or they can change their mind and now leave 4 different 5s in each token with the same ratios in both. They said that 9 months ago (9 months already since SS????) so they can easily change their mind. Money-wise it probably makes sense having OML and GG in two different tokens.

I hope we can get some info today...
  • neubrator
    neubrator Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Gamma gamma hey is a song by some YouTube guy named Sator. Sator is Trojak's bird from earth 616. So our newest 5 star is the pet of some pretty obscure character. Sweet!
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    I would assume the Stun reference is that the character (Banner) himself is stunned.
    My guess is that Banner is stunned because he has let the Hulk out to play (and do Massive Damage). Then once the Hulk has his fun (countdown goes to zero) then Banner recovers (is no longer stunned) and can resume.

So, it's not really a traditional transformation, but a reflection that when the countdown (Hulk) is on the board the character (Banner) can't do anything.

So, yeah, this still sounds like a 5* Bruce with a side of the Hulk. I guess it could be Jen/She-Hulk too, with the same idea.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it is Banner I wonder which (if any in particular) version of Hulk they went with -- Incredible, Rampaging, Worldbreaker, etc.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    I don't care about who is getting released... More just wanna know WHEN and HOW.
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Just what the game needs, another variant...http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2643 ... uce_banner
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    So... 7/14... Is he going straight to LL pack?
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    If he goes down as the Hulk, can Banner use the move to become the Hulk again in the same match? It seems like you will either want to take out Banner before he transforms, or leave him for last as Hulk. Wait, if he is the last character and in Hulk mode, and you kill him, does he become Banner again, or die like with Phoenix if you kill her before revive? We know have 3 characters that you want to leave for last due to healing/transforming: Hulk, OML, and Phoenix. I think Banner's first passive is useless, as there is usually more than 7 green AP on the board. This is like TAH useless hotdog move.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    marvel.com wrote:
    When Hulk is downed, he returns to Bruce Banner form.
    (emphasis mine)

So does Banner retain his health from before the transformation?

The bit about Hulk making matches for you was confusing. Is this an extra match? I guess it would have to be, otherwise we'd never be able to use his green power.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lots of confusion! Although it doesn't matter because we won't be able to use him forever anyway. But yay! 10th hulk!
  • apexpredator85
    apexpredator85 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    "Massive Damage?" 9k? Phoenix hits for 16k AOE. And that passive that creates green looks underwhelming. They were hitting homeruns and now looks like they dropped the ball again. Fingers crossed that I'm wrong though. Very crossed.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    I think Banner's first passive is useless, as there is usually more than 7 green AP on the board. This is like TAH useless hotdog move.

Yeah but at least it's a passive and will trigger whenever the condition is met. That alone still makes is well more valuable than hotdogs.

As far as the Banner/Hulk thing. My biggest question is if you have 6 green AP, transform to Hulk, they down your Hulk....can he transform again? Is this like an endless thing?

Because then the relatively minimal damage for 5* (8k aoe) is what offsets what will feel like infinite health without big bursts to down Banner.

He could be really annoying, or he could be Cho 2: Electric Boogaloo. Tough to tell until someone plays him.