***** The Hulk (Bruce Banner) *****

Options

Comments

• jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "Massive Damage?" 9k? Phoenix hits for 16k AOE. And that passive that creates green looks underwhelming. They were hitting homeruns and now looks like they dropped the ball again. Fingers crossed that I'm wrong though. Very crossed.
    I think it depends on how much health Hulk has.

Also... I see his power colors change from black/blue/purple to red/green/? ...wonder what that means for match damage?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Definitely want some more details on how banner/hulk transformation works; any sandboxerrs out there have him yet?

But I really want to know what will happen to classic token odds when he joins the pool. Do we need to spend our cp now? Or should we wait? Last time they didn't tell anyone until 24 hours in advance and a lot of people made sub-optimal guesses.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    "Massive Damage?" 9k? Phoenix hits for 16k AOE. And that passive that creates green looks underwhelming. They were hitting homeruns and now looks like they dropped the ball again. Fingers crossed that I'm wrong though. Very crossed.

9K aoe does seem low for the word "massive" in a 5* world. That's the equivalent of 2/3k in 'normal' 3*/4* playspace (where 18k is the max health rather than 55k). Good, but not amazing (i think iceman or rulk green at max is "massive").

Can't say they have been hittting home runs recently Without qualification though: 5* cap is one of their most recent 5*s. . .
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    Options
    His green does 2951/AP when hits 3 characters. That's a little above the Green Goblin black (2814/AP) and 5* IM (2769/AP with Team IM partners) single target ratios.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    His green does 2951/AP when hits 3 characters. That's a little above the Green Goblin black (2814/AP) and 5* IM (2769/AP with Team IM partners) single target ratios.
    it's at 255 lvl he's Green icon_e_wink.gif
  • SlappyDingle
    SlappyDingle Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    Phaentom wrote:
    Just what the game needs, another variant...http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2643 ... uce_banner

Yikes, that artwork. Guess the regular guy was on vacation.
  • zeeke
    zeeke Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think the hulk plays for himself once banner transforms, I'd think he try to use green power first and then doo a match, repeat until he is downed. 8k is not enough damage though to take on Logan who heals more than half that every single round

Oh and nice re-use of Patches green power, with Banner, Rulk and xfdp we have hulk bomb v3 soon
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So if you have "the other guy" cover, then when he transforms you have both green and red? And if you have it at 5 then they are at 5?

If it is like this, "the other guy" is the power to get. The other two almost dont matter icon_razz.gif

And 9k AoE for 9 Ap is good, not great, but good. I think transforming Hulk is going to be easy (just 6 green at max), so I guess this is why PH does more damage (her transformation is much slower). As a reference Rhulk in 4 land does 2.9k AoE also for 9AP, 7k for 18.

Ps: Lets hope we get the stats soon, and confirmation for new ratios, chars in LTs, etc.
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Options
    Updated, this was a complex character and I will have answers on what happens when he's downed with no team. I will be out of office tomorrow, but will come back and answer questions asap Thursday!
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    why does he have only OML/Phx level health? totally goes against what you've been doing with hulk since the first one.
  • Vhailorx
    edited July 2016
    Options
    So hulk gets an extra match (made by the ai) at the start of each turn. Match4s and match5s work normally for Hulk, but can't ever get an extra turn?

Also, does Hill's green do 5 or 9k aoe damage?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What happens if Hulk is last man standing? Does the player stil get a turn if both allies are down?
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's a little odd that the Green AP threshold for TOG lowers with each rank, but the cost of Smash remains the same. That means it's possible to transform without enough AP for Hulk's "MASSIVE DAMAGE". On the other hand, 6AP is a very small threshold, and Banner starting with +4 Green AP only has to make one match before that countdown starts.
  • Melevorn
    Melevorn Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Updated, this was a complex character and I will have answers on what happens when he's downed with no team. I will be out of office tomorrow, but will come back and answer questions asap Thursday!
    When you get back, please try to answer the following consolidated list of questions:

1. How much health does the Hulk have at various levels?
    2. What happens to Bruce's health on return from being the Hulk - same as before his transformation?
    3. On second and subsequent transformations, does Hulk come out at his full health again (whatever that may be)?
    4. What happens when Hulk is downed as the last character standing?
    5. Is Hulk's smash 5k or 9k at L450?
    6. The blue passive as it's currently listed in the first post says it changes 2 tiles at 3 covers and 1 tile at 4-5 covers at max level - a typo?
    7. Does Bruce's match damage numbers change to favor Green/Red when transformed to be the Hulk?

Everyone, please copy and add more questions as required. Let's keep this easy for Cthulhu!
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    How good do we think an extra match each turn will be? Ultron sentries are a pain, but they blow up random columns of 4, not match 3s. Not sure if it will make a difference.

Strategy seems to be transform asap and spam green. So kk and im40 (or thor) at the 3* level, maybe cyclops and Bucky at the 4* oevel, and gg at the 5* level (to fortify the transform). Can't think of many other 4*s or 5*s that generate green.
  • Melevorn
    Melevorn Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Other questions I will answer when I get confirmation on what I'm seeing.
    If the game developers are not providing you with change notes or new character design documentation, then I think there must be something wrong with your internal communications channels.
  • Vhailorx
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Melevorn wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Other questions I will answer when I get confirmation on what I'm seeing.
    If the game developers are not providing you with change notes or new character design documentation, then I think there must be something wrong with your internal communications channels.

It seems like cthulhu has access to dev build of the game, so he/she can create max versions of new characters at will, but not design notes. So he/she has to do playtesting or contact the actual design team to answer our questions.

Not the fastest way to handle things. But efficient if the goals is to keep the design team designing and the community managers managing the community as much as possible.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    why does he have only OML/Phx level health? totally goes against what you've been doing with hulk since the first one.
    Because he is constantly throwing up a 45k buffer shield every time he transforms. He essentially probably has the most practical hp in the game, but he doesn't get it all at once.

The fact that punt scientist Bruce Banner has hp on par with the Phoenix force is pretty beefy.
  • h4n1s
    h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I know that it will take up to a year before I will have a chance to play with this 5* character. But from the design point of view I like this character. I like how it is making the Hulk really unpredictable force (yes random AI matches ending the turn, but coming with devastating impact). Even in movies and comics, when the Hulk starts to rage it barely comes without side effects and brings collateral damage. If you choose to bring him to the fight you have to expect that you unleash the monster, and that is what the real Hulk is.

If you don't like the unpredictability, you don't bring him along and stick to those characters that you can influence more for strategic advantage.

So far, thumbs up! icon_hulk.png
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    h4n1s wrote:
    (yes random AI matches ending the turn, but coming with devastating impact).

?