***** The Hulk (Bruce Banner) *****

Options

Comments

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's a new 1* character to replace Yelena.

Puny Banner
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    pheregas wrote:
    It's a new 1* character to replace Yelena.

Puny Banner

Or maybe 5* Yelena
  • d3guser
    d3guser Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Pre-release ability précis:
      Deal Damage - 0 AP - (PASSIVE) If less then 7 of certain color tile is on the board, deal damage and transform 1 random basic tile to same color.

Special Tile - 7 AP - Create 3 special tiles and an additional special tile for each non-downed ally.

Stun/Special Tile - 0 AP - (PASSIVE) If collecting a specific color of AP that does not contribute to this heroes powers, create a special tile that will cause massive damage.

Let me get this straight. He s going to deal MASSIVE damage on the colors he s not tanking???

JG/OML/IM/Cap all going 2 get a side kick 2 cover their weak spot????

Seriously questioning the design of this...
    • We_are_Venom
      We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
      Options
      Cthulhu wrote:
        Deal Damage - 0 AP - (PASSIVE) If less then 7 of certain color tile is on the board, deal damage and transform 1 random basic tile to same color.

Special Tile - 7 AP - Create 3 special tiles and an additional special tile for each non-downed ally.

Stun/Special Tile - 0 AP - (PASSIVE) If collecting a specific color of AP that does not contribute to this heroes powers, create a special tile that will cause massive damage.

Let me get this straight. He s going to deal MASSIVE damage on the colors he s not tanking???

You want a useless 5*? It's supposed to be strong, that's the point.
      • Tiger_Wong
        Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
        Cthulhu wrote:

It's a hero.
        • simonsez
          simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
          Options
          Feels like it was just yesterday that I rostered a new character...
        • d3guser
          d3guser Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
          Options
          Cthulhu wrote:

You want a useless 5*? It's supposed to be strong, that's the point.

My point is missed. Except Purple, this char works well in all other colors.

This is new territory for 5 * in a sense this is designed as a support character with 2 passives.

If you have less than 7 of any color read RGY, you trigger a passive like the daken bomb and then u do AP generation and trigger the Purple.
            If some character survives this, then you usethe other character to finish him off..
            New winfinite in the making???

U cannot have a passive which works for 5 colors.
          • BlackSheep101
            BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
            Options
            "If collecting a specific color..."

It doesn't say all colors not contributing to the hero's powers, it says specific. If it's a hulk-related character, I'd guess the specific color is green.
          • tdglory49
            tdglory49 Posts: 56 Match Maker
            Options

Although I thought so at first, I don't think it actually works for 5 colors in a given match.

Notice "specific color" and that powers is plural: I think it works similarly to Pheromone Rage, where only if you match Red/Yellow/Green, it creates the tile. I'm assuming it's only one of those, although it could be static or variable, like Moon Knight.
          • GrumpySmurf1002
            GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
            Options
            My point is missed. Except Purple, this char works well in all other colors.

This is new territory for 5 * in a sense this is designed as a support character with 2 passives.

If you have less than 7 of any color read RGY, you trigger a passive like the daken bomb and then u do AP generation and trigger the Purple.
            If some character survives this, then you usethe other character to finish him off..
            New winfinite in the making???

Without getting into too many details: Don't overreact to this description of that purple passive, it's in my opinion overly simplified. It's not "make a yellow match, create a giant bomb."

Also, in my opinion, both passives work on a single not-mentioned color, not a multitude of colors.
          • Jarvind
            Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
            Options
            Cthulhu wrote:
            create a special tile that will cause massive damage.

Character specializes in fighting giant enemy crabs.
          • ErikPeter
            ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
            Options
            Cthulhu wrote:

You're reading into it way too much. The abilities are really vague right now--purple could be "If you collect 30 green AP, create a 99-turn countdown that deals 10K damage"--not necessarily "when you match (color), win the game." The "color that does not contribute to this heroes powers" just means it's not blue purple or black.

I think it's Hulk too--likely that passive creates green or red AP, and a certain amount of that AP triggers something good, or a total transformation.
            • hesjingixen
              hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
              Options
              How does the "stun" portion of the purple power work? It says "Stun/Special Tile", but I see no mention of a stun.
            • We_are_Venom
              We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
              Options
              Is this included in R104?
            • Tilesmasher
              Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
              Options
              "Gamma gamma hey" was the name of the she hulk comics letter section.

Yep.
            • Mawtful
              Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
              Options
              Just going to repeat myself, since a lot of people seem to be chasing their own shadows.
              Mawtful wrote:
              If it is Banner/Hulk, then the obvious choice for specific colour AP is Green, to represent gamma radiation. I think that the passive won't trigger on every match, but only after the Green AP pool reaches a certain threshold. This way, the Blue passive deals damage and creates green tiles, but you need to match green tiles away in order to keep that passive going, but if you gather up enough Green, then the purple passive will start the countdown on transformation.

Basically:
              - both passives will revolve around the same colour
              - the countdown created by the purple passive is triggered by reaching a specific threshold for that colour (reference 3* Falcon's Blue passive)
              - the countdown created by the purple passive is what triggers a transformation (and I think the massive damage heralds this transformation)
              - where does the stun come into it? does the transformation also stun the enemy/team? or does the transforming character become stunned in their new form? (presumably because of big ol' damage).
            • Crowl
              Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
              Options
              As far as the specific colour thing, maybe it starts out as one colour on a single cover and you get the additional two non-tanked colours once you have more covers.
            • SnowcaTT
              SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
              Options
              simonsez wrote:
              Feels like it was just yesterday that I rostered a new character...

Yep, love how many 5*'s are coming out quickly and diluting the pool when the only way to get them is a very slow RNG. I'm sure I'll get it soon enough and it can be rostered at level 255 forever right there with my six other 5*'s that have two covers or less. Fantastic.
            • simonsez
              simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
              Options
              SnowcaTT wrote:
              Yep, love how many 5*'s are coming out quickly and diluting the pool when the only way to get them is a very slow RNG. I'm sure I'll get it soon enough and it can be rostered at level 255 forever right there with my six other 5*'s that have two covers or less. Fantastic.
              Exactly... unless they bump the overall pull rate again, or split off a 3rd token type, adding more 5*s means that a good proportion of players will literally never fully cover any 5*, even if they get all the progression CP available.
            • Tilesmasher
              Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
              Options
              simonsez wrote:
              Exactly... unless they bump the overall pull rate again, or split off a 3rd token type, adding more 5*s means that a good proportion of players will literally never fully cover any 5*, even if they get all the progression CP available.

If only there was a way to get more cp!!