***** The Hulk (Bruce Banner) *****

Options

Comments

• OnyxSnake
    OnyxSnake Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options
    Cap and IMan are from Civil War the movie so they look the part. This Hulk is just a Hulk they wanted in the game with no background other than he is Hulk and Banner.
  • chill21genlee
    chill21genlee Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    Anyone else seeing gamma ray passsive not firring properly about half the time?
    Less than 7 green on the board and the passive is just not firing
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So I managed to pull 2 purple for 5* hulk and have him at 0\0\2. Does hulk get both of his powers when he transforms even though I only have purple? If he does he could be useful for pve just for the free match.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I managed to pull 2 purple for 5* hulk and have him at 0\0\2. Does hulk get both of his powers when he transforms even though I only have purple? If he does he could be useful for pve just for the free match.

Yes, he gets both even with 1 purple cover. The extra match is nice, but doesn't generate ap. That can be irritating when he takes a match 4 in a color your really want.

His powers seems to get stronger with more purple covers too (so purple makes barber's transformation easier AND it makes hulk stronger).
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:

Yes, he gets both even with 1 purple cover. The extra match is nice, but doesn't generate ap. That can be irritating when he takes a match 4 in a color your really want.

His powers seems to get stronger with more purple covers too (so purple makes barber's transformation easier AND it makes hulk stronger).

More purple gives him a better haircut? Count me in!

I've got a 1/0/1 banner and I think he's loads of fun. It is annoying when he takes matches you want so I can't help thinking that they should either make hulks match do double damage or make It collect ap as it is now it's a bit of a nuisance and I'd rather he didnt do it.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Damn autocorrect!
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I just got The Other Guy and my Banner is now 2/0/1. Paired him with RHulk and OML for (what I thought was) rainbow.

His powers may be random and unreliable but hot damn it was fun. Collect green and pink to transform and protect the countdown tile, and once he transforms it becomes kinda awesome to get an extra turn, even if it doesn't give AP. It's a lot of match damage. Even undercovered, his transforming means he's still useful in the hard nodes that I've been using the team in.

Funnily though Banner's colours of Blue Black and Purple becomes Green Red and Purple when Hulk takes over, which makes me lose on blue, missing out on rainbow. Something to bear in mind when figuring out his team.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pabasa130 wrote:
    I just got The Other Guy and my Banner is now 2/0/1. Paired him with RHulk and OML for (what I thought was) rainbow.

His powers may be random and unreliable but hot damn it was fun. Collect green and pink to transform and protect the countdown tile, and once he transforms it becomes kinda awesome to get an extra turn, even if it doesn't give AP. It's a lot of match damage. Even undercovered, his transforming means he's still useful in the hard nodes that I've been using the team in.

Funnily though Banner's colours of Blue Black and Purple becomes Green Red and Purple when Hulk takes over, which makes me lose on blue, missing out on rainbow. Something to bear in mind when figuring out his team.
    but...makes him completely protect rulk in the process...perfect for pve icon_e_wink.gif
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    but...makes him completely protect rulk in the process...perfect for pve icon_e_wink.gif
    Thought the same thing in the CW rerun, when IM was butchering me, and tried using Banner as a meat shield for GSBW. Turns out he steals a lot of your matches if he's tanking.
  • TxMoose
    Options
    Thought the same thing in the CW rerun, when IM was butchering me, and tried using Banner as a meat shield for GSBW. Turns out he steals a lot of your matches if he's tanking.
    I've messed with him only a few times. so you don't get ap for his hulk passive matches? if so, that blows. that would make him a good character. now I know why people think he's bottom tier. allowing that ap would make him a solid character. I don't think it would make him op.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    I've messed with him only a few times. so you don't get ap for his hulk passive matches? if so, that blows. that would make him a good character. now I know why people think he's bottom tier. allowing that ap would make him a solid character. I don't think it would make him op.

This one is really an odd char.

First Banner, who has two other powers, that almost nobody cares about, just like a meat shield until he transforms (I don't even know why Devs gave him 3 powers icon_razz.gif). Then Hulk making matches that don't produce AP. This is really a bummer, it can hurt your chances of pulling green or red when you need it the most, so this makes him just an ideal partner for chars that don't use green or red (like GG or OML). The extra match damage with the OML strikes can really add a lot of damage fast, and the AoE can also add a lot of damage with the strikes, but they are not that strong on their own, so I guess you should always use him with OML.

After Devs released BB, I have the impression BB has the better version of two very similar powers (green nuke and extra passive damage) and almost makes Banner obsolete, Banner should still be more resilient in PvE specially. Well, maybe BB+Banner+OML can be an interesting team icon_razz.gif
  • monsieurmojo
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    This one is really an odd char.

First Banner, who has two other powers, that almost nobody cares about, just like a meat shield until he transforms (I don't even know why Devs gave him 3 powers icon_razz.gif). Then Hulk making matches that don't produce AP. This is really a bummer, it can hurt your chances of pulling green or red when you need it the most, so this makes him just an ideal partner for chars that don't use green or red (like GG or OML). The extra match damage with the OML strikes can really add a lot of damage fast, and the AoE can also add a lot of damage with the strikes, but they are not that strong on their own, so I guess you should always use him with OML.

After Devs released BB, I have the impression BB has the better version of two very similar powers (green nuke and extra passive damage) and almost makes Banner obsolete, Banner should still be more resilient in PvE specially. Well, maybe BB+Banner+OML can be an interesting team icon_razz.gif

I don't get why he has three powers in Banner form, but only two in Hulk form...even though he has three colors in Hulk form, and even though one of his Banner powers is about as useful as Hot Dog Stand.
  • TxMoose
    Options
    shouldn't banner and Natasha be team IM? I get not having too many 5s on one side, but you keep coming out with 5s that belong on one side (especially Natasha)....
  • Mitchjewitz
    Mitchjewitz Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    In the movie black widow was initially team iron man but spoiler alert betrayed him. This 5* black widow is based off the movie character. So no affiliation to either side is appropriate. And hulk at least in the cinematic universe never picked a side.
  • TxMoose
    Options
    they felt strong enough to put every other bw and 3* hulk on team IM. unless you have a functional bss or are in an mmr that can run rulk, his red is weak. but I've gone off topic.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:

What if his match causes cascade(s), do you gain AP from any matches after the initial one Hulk makes?
  • monsieurmojo
    Options
    No. His turn is treated the same as an enemy turn as far as AP goes. Nothing from the match or the potential cascade. Don't know if this changes past 2 purple covers.
  • monsieurmojo
    Options
    Now that I'm thinking about it, why isn't Banner affiliated with Team Iron Man? Every other Hulk iteration is. It would make a lot more sense than Silver Surfer.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Now that I'm thinking about it, why isn't Banner affiliated with Team Iron Man? Every other Hulk iteration is. It would make a lot more sense than Silver Surfer.

Because Hulk is a strong independent green guy who don't need no Iron Man.
  • monsieurmojo
    Options
    Ha! Fair enough. It's just Cho, Shulk, and Indestructible Hulk that are more codependent.