Lowered 2* Droprate at Lightningrounds?

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    timbopp wrote:
    I too have seen a big decrease in 2* drops lately but don't yet think there's anything suspicious going on behind the scenes.

I've been taking a little break from the exhausting task of maxing 4* by playing around with adding/selling/rebuilding 2*. I was looking forward to lightning rounds to stock up 2* covers but I barely got any.

Funnily it seems my 3* drop rate in Heroic tokens has skyrocketed. It's odd get disappointed opening heroics and getting that gold flash on the screen every time instead of the 2* I want. Even standard tokens seem to be dropping more 3* than 2*

Actually, I've had pretty much the exact same experience. Maybe they decreased the drop rate of the 2*s in PVP, but secretly increased the 3 and 4* drop rate in event tokens!

Nah, it's just RNG. Tell you what, I've got a tracker, I'll set up a special one just for this. We'll see how the numbers add up after a week or two.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just going off the latest week of LR's, since my no 2* started.. and this is during the season as well. i decided to see how long it lasted. I got 4 t10 in LR's, and quite a bit in regular pvp.. grand total, including standard tokens. 36 1*s, 2 3*s... opening LR tokens and Heroics.. 2 4*s, 1 3* , and 4 2*s (none of which i needed for champ levels, but there they were).

So, LRtokens and Heroics were my only 2*s.

Whats a guy gotta do to get 2 bagman covers.. hes been @ 142 for weeks now.
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    timbopp wrote:
    I too have seen a big decrease in 2* drops lately but don't yet think there's anything suspicious going on behind the scenes.

I've been taking a little break from the exhausting task of maxing 4* by playing around with adding/selling/rebuilding 2*. I was looking forward to lightning rounds to stock up 2* covers but I barely got any.

Funnily it seems my 3* drop rate in Heroic tokens has skyrocketed. It's odd get disappointed opening heroics and getting that gold flash on the screen every time instead of the 2* I want. Even standard tokens seem to be dropping more 3* than 2*

If the droprate is lowered, then ask yourself "why". My thoughts: The selling of 2*s in combination with a (old) decent rate of 2*s is a too good reason to rechamp them quickly and so a player can build up a little heroictoken-3*cover-hp-factory. For me its the same story as the introduction of the championsystem. boosted 2* and 3* full-leveled heroes would be too strong, so they nerfed them, they admitted it weeks later. same here, 2*s are for steady playing relatively easy aquired. so they had to nerf the droprate. And with the new VIP they give heroictokens, so everyone complained, these are 2*s, if they grade up the droprate for 3*s in heroics, its another reason to slow down the 2*reselling-factory (easy acquiring of heroictokens).

Btw: played 8-9 matches in SW-pvp: No 2*. If it is RNG to get no 2* for dozens of matches, then i am cursed. or its as i wrote above.
  • GrimSkald
    tizian2015 wrote:
    timbopp wrote:

If the droprate is lowered, then ask yourself "why". My thoughts: The selling of 2*s in combination with a (old) decent rate of 2*s is a too good reason to rechamp them quickly and so a player can build up a little heroictoken-3*cover-hp-factory. For me its the same story as the introduction of the championsystem. boosted 2* and 3* full-leveled heroes would be too strong, so they nerfed them, they admitted it weeks later. same here, 2*s are for steady playing relatively easy aquired. so they had to nerf the droprate. And with the new VIP they give heroictokens, so everyone complained, these are 2*s, if they grade up the droprate for 3*s in heroics, its another reason to slow down the 2*reselling-factory (easy acquiring of heroictokens).

Btw: played 8-9 matches in SW-pvp: No 2*. If it is RNG to get no 2* for dozens of matches, then i am cursed. or its as i wrote above.

There was a very similar thread after the Champions system was introduced. Increased use means increased attention. Increased attention leads to confirmation bias. Those people getting more 2*s than usual are not posting to this thread - so we feed on each other to boot.

Anyway, here's my current baseline, you'll note that the 1* and 2* drop percentages are pretty close, I think my 2* percentage is slightly high - my suspicion is they should be the same %. Honestly, the 1* should be higher than the 2%, but my data says that clearly isn't the case:

PVP Breakdown - Count ---- %
    70 ISO-8
    635 ---- 33.2%
    140 Iso-8
    315 ---- 16.5%
    250 Iso-8
    2.8%
    1* Cover
    453 ---- 23.7%
    2* Cover
    455 ---- 23.8%
    Total 1912
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Not only did it seem like less in LR, but in my HUlk PVP, I got 0 2 star covers with the exception of the progression. I saved everything to get an idea of how many matches I played and what the percentage was. I guess 0 is easy to figure out. Bad RNG luck? Perhaps, but it's only 2 stars and isn't exactly a game breaker for me.
  • tizian2015
    GrimSkald wrote:
    tizian2015 wrote:
    timbopp wrote:

There was a very similar thread after the Champions system was introduced. Increased use means increased attention. Increased attention leads to confirmation bias. Those people getting more 2*s than usual are not posting to this thread - so we feed on each other to boot.

Anyway, here's my current baseline, you'll note that the 1* and 2* drop percentages are pretty close, I think my 2* percentage is slightly high - my suspicion is they should be the same %. Honestly, the 1* should be higher than the 2%, but my data says that clearly isn't the case:

PVP Breakdown - Count ---- %
    70 ISO-8
    635 ---- 33.2%
    140 Iso-8
    315 ---- 16.5%
    250 Iso-8
    2.8%
    1* Cover
    453 ---- 23.7%
    2* Cover
    455 ---- 23.8%
    Total 1912

Thanks to your first post we can compare one week of your pvp.

last week:
    70 ISO-8 590 32.7%
    140 Iso-8 290 16.1%
    250 Iso-8 51 2.8%
    1* Cover 429 23.8%
    2* Cover 443 24.6%
    Total 1803

this week:
    70 ISO-8
    635 ---- 33.2%(+0,5 since last week)
    140 Iso-8
    315 ---- 16.5%(+0,4 since last week)
    250 Iso-8
    2.8%(+/- 0,0)
    1* Cover
    453 ---- 23.7%(+0,1 since last week)
    2* Cover
    455 ---- 23.8%(-0,8 since last week)
    Total 1912

109 Matches were able to lower your 2* percentage by 0,8%, thats a lot for just 5,7% of your total matches. And as we see, this has a reason:

70 ISO-8
    45 ---- 41,3%(+8,1% to your overall score)
    140 Iso-8
    25 ---- 22,9%(+6,4% to your overall score)
    250 Iso-8
    2,8%(+/- 0,0)
    1* Cover
    24 ---- 22,0%(-1,7% to your overall score)
    2* Cover
    12 ---- 11,0%(-12,8% to your overall score!)
    Total 109

Can we compare your last total score before the patch?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    wish they'd lower the 2* drop rate from gold tokens....
  • GrimSkald
    tizian2015 wrote:
    Thanks to your first post we can compare one week of your pvp.

last week:
    70 ISO-8 590 32.7%
    140 Iso-8 290 16.1%
    250 Iso-8 51 2.8%
    1* Cover 429 23.8%
    2* Cover 443 24.6%
    Total 1803

this week:
    70 ISO-8
    635 ---- 33.2%(+0,5 since last week)
    140 Iso-8
    315 ---- 16.5%(+0,4 since last week)
    250 Iso-8
    2.8%(+/- 0,0)
    1* Cover
    453 ---- 23.7%(+0,1 since last week)
    2* Cover
    455 ---- 23.8%(-0,8 since last week)
    Total 1912

109 Matches were able to lower your 2* percentage by 0,8%, thats a lot for just 5,7% of your total matches. And as we see, this has a reason:

70 ISO-8
    45 ---- 41,3%(+8,1% to your overall score)
    140 Iso-8
    25 ---- 22,9%(+6,4% to your overall score)
    250 Iso-8
    2,8%(+/- 0,0)
    1* Cover
    24 ---- 22,0%(-1,7% to your overall score)
    2* Cover
    12 ---- 11,0%(-12,8% to your overall score!)
    Total 109

Can we compare your last total score before the patch?

Sorry, I just track it so unless I had a save problem (which happens every time they shut my computer down to update it,) I don't have any particular difference by date. Let me see...

I have a different copy for 6/9, but that's identical to what you have up there. Still, I don't see this as anything other than a bad week. I'll track new numbers for the nonce, see where it takes me.
  • tizian2015
    To be fair here is the result of the first three rounds today:

40 matches, 15 2*s.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    tizian2015 wrote:

40 matches, 15 2*s.

Nice. I was thinking about this thread when I got my 8th 1* Spidey in a row earlier. C'mon RNG, daddy needs some 2storm.
  • Shemhazi
    Shemhazi Posts: 28
    tizian2015 wrote:

40 matches, 15 2*s.

Maybe there is hope after all. I'm still in a 2* drought. Only 1 today (Bagman Yellow) out of 20-something matches.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pulled 15 2*s in three LRs today.
  • GrimSkald
    Yeah, I started a tracker where I can enter a date range in the beginning - so I can separate things out by date pretty much any time I want to. Starting with Monday, here are my numbers:

70 Iso - 38
    140 Iso - 14
    250 Iso - 1
    1* Cover - 18
    2* Cover - 40

40 out of 111 is about 36%. I think it's safe to say that last week's low numbers were atypical. Actually, so are these. icon_e_smile.gif
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Yeah, I started a tracker where I can enter a date range in the beginning - so I can separate things out by date pretty much any time I want to. Starting with Monday, here are my numbers:

70 Iso - 38
    140 Iso - 14
    250 Iso - 1
    1* Cover - 18
    2* Cover - 40

40 out of 111 is about 36%. I think it's safe to say that last week's low numbers were atypical. Actually, so are these. icon_e_smile.gif

are including opening tokens? i think most are talking about drop rates from actual battles from lightning/pvp.
  • Malcrof
    Well, whatever the issue was, it is gone now. Myself and a few others who were previously experiencing this in LR's and PVP in general, have noticed since the last patch it has been raining 2*s in LR and PVP.

Looks like it is fixed!
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    Malcrof wrote:
    Well, whatever the issue was, it is gone now. Myself and a few others who were previously experiencing this in LR's and PVP in general, have noticed since the last patch it has been raining 2*s in LR and PVP.

Looks like it is fixed!

ive farmed 11 lrs for seed teams this week so far and gotten TWO two star covers total. it looks broken to me. maybe you have to be a vip. icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif
  • Malcrof
    thanos8587 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Looks like it is fixed!

ive farmed 11 lrs for seed teams this week so far and gotten TWO two star covers total. it looks broken to me. maybe you have to be a vip. icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Nope, the bug that gave me VIP early, has locked it out.. i haven't been VIP since it went live for everyone else on the 20th, and they are still working on fixing it.. so that is not it.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I apologize, you're not getting 2*s because they're all going to me.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald wrote:

70 Iso - 38
    140 Iso - 14
    250 Iso - 1
    1* Cover - 18
    2* Cover - 40

are including opening tokens? i think most are talking about drop rates from actual battles from lightning/pvp.

Nope. Those are exclusively drops from PVP. I find it unlikely that the drop rates are different for the LRs than normal PVP, so I track them all. Since I farm the seeds a lot, that's probably about 90% Lightning Rounds.
  • tizian2015
    Malcrof wrote:

Looks like it is fixed!

Me too. Even 8x bagman dropped, i had full leveled him, and sold, and rerostered him with 4 covers now. But it is a bit colourstreaky, my last one to champ is a 2* cap, i have 10 covers in queue and need a yellow one urgently. Whatever it was, i think the patch solved it. It was really fun this way and i hope it continuous next week.