[PVE] scaling [Merged Thread]

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Last time it ran I found it pretty difficult and it took me tons of mega-whales whenever I couldn't winfinite. Last time was the -first- time I ran it, since it was the first time I had winfinite active.

This time it was even harder and it took even more mega-whales.

Let's see, how many nodes did I not use PX or DP in......two or three? That isn't how this event should scale, no event should be that character dependent. But then the 5*'s scaling makes every PVE that character dependent, I guess.

I -like- facing characters that max out at my characters (unboosted) levels! I don't like super boosted ones in any PVE, but that's why I never gauntleted without winfinite. Would be nice if the team-ups dropped at that super high level at least.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    I don't know why you expect any reply. Its working as intended. They gave out too many things in CW even thought they tried to scale everyone out of that too. They gotta sell more health packs. This is the same reason there hasn't been a dev video in months, they aren't going to fix any of the things the community wants changed so they are ignoring us. They ran out of other things to show on the videos and the only things left are what they will not change, so they won't do videos any more.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Hi everyone,

I've checked in with the devs on the scaling and I'll let you know what the word is when I have it. In the meantime, can we please turn the flames back down to simmer?

Thank you. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

I've checked in with the devs on the scaling and I'll let you know what the word is when I have it. In the meantime, can we please turn the flames back down to simmer?

I'm sorry you always get stuck in the middle of this stuff and that you always get punished for their sins every time demiurge_humperdink screws up, Dave. icon_lol.gif
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

The promise of an Iceman for a mea culpa would probably go a long way to calm the flames. *nudge nudge* icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

Are you REALLY surprised though, David?
    I mean, the scaling for Civil War already got people frustrated and disappointed in what was a fun event until that point. Then the scaling is made even worse for one of the more liked PvE events.

The community feels ignored and unappreciated at this point. We've been left for essentially 3 days to just deal with our frustrations with no communication. Lack of communication almost always results in a negative feedback loop where people just reinforce each others negativity.

The scaling issue isn't even a new thing either, it's been a consisten issue with the game since the new method of scaling for PvE was introduced for testing several times. It seems the devs are intent on making the game "challenging" rather than "fun" or "relaxing".
  • Frustrated1
    Frustrated1 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    edited May 2016
    "In the meantime, can we please turn the flames back down to simmer?"

No. This is apparently the only way your company (not you, specifically) pay attention.

You're going to talk to the devs? Tell them their game is broken and needs fixed, communication needs to happen when events happen (even if that's weekends), and they have to stop being so tone-deaf when it comes to things like ISO, rewards, and progression.
  • Demiurge_[bagman]
    Demiurge_[bagman] Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Thanks for the (many) comments and observations. Mission difficulty is constantly being debated and changed. It's a hard problem (but you probably inferred that by how much tuning happens).

We're taking the feedback in, thanks for your posts.

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2016
    Thanks for the (many) comments and observations. Mission difficulty is constantly being debated and changed. It's a hard problem (but you probably inferred that by how much tuning happens).

So basically, yup we did this intentionally. Tell us what your think, but be nice...
    I call male bovine feces
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor

In other words, this is working as intended? It wasn't a mistake.

icon_eek.gif

I appreciate the reply, but lawdy. It's like y'all want us to stop playing.
  • Frustrated1
    Frustrated1 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    I'm curious what the debate is.

Or, let's dig even deeper. Why are the rewards limited and progression punished?

You realize this forum is FULL of people who WANT TO GIVE YOUR COMPANY MONEY, but don't want to reward bad behavior?

Make this game fun again and the money will roll in and everyone will be happy.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a hard problem (but you probably inferred that by how much tuning happens).

Did any of you guys actually play some of the event with, for example, a 3-4* transitioning roster? Because if you had, you wouldn't think it's a hard problem at all; just turn the scaling down until you start having fun again and you've got a solution.

To admit, again, that this is by design. Wow.
  • DalekGAF
    DalekGAF Posts: 52 Match Maker
    I would really just like to know why scaling is even a thing at all in Gauntlet.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards

LOL
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,397 Chairperson of the Boards

why not just make it all EASY and allow people an easy time to just collect the hard needed iso everyone needs... 1 time every 2 months wont kill you
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards

"We didn't think you'd notice it, but since we didn't play test it, we're going to observe the fall-out and see how it went because we wanted to leave early Friday."
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    My feedback - you got the scaling wrong. The gauntlet is bad and you should feel bad.
  • John Wayne74
    John Wayne74 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    edited May 2016

Can I ask: Who decided that scaling needed to change? Why is it changing/to accomplish what?
    If I had to guess 99% of the player base wants fun. Where is the fun it making things more difficult enhancing the time required to complete? The game already takes an obscene amount of time to partake in all facets does it not? Who asked that it take more time than it already does. This is not a hate post at all, I am legitimately asking why this is trying to be implemented cause I don't understand it.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    I was so excited for these last couple events. My HB and Iceman were 2/3/5 and 4/5/2, with the two CW and Gauntlet events set to finally, after 680+ days, give me two useable, decent 4* characters. HB may still happen (who knows what they decide to screw up in CW2), but I'm barely (if at all), scraping out wins in Gauntlet.

Shame on me for thinking I could finally start entering 4* land.
  • MPQ_Kerb
    MPQ_Kerb Posts: 3 Just Dropped In

This reply may cause any flames that were simmering to flare up. Just a guess.