[PVE] scaling [Merged Thread]

Options
Stanley71
Stanley71 Posts: 75 Match Maker
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Are you kidding me, Devs?!?
The first essential nodes in Gauntlet: Wilderness Survival are with opponents at level 290!!!
That's imbalancing at its best icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

Comments

• hamsingame
    hamsingame Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    Yep, I have championed 5 stars and I'm fighting guys higher level than me in the first sub o_O

I feel like this should be happening in the last sub not the first...
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Judging by the recent PvE tests, it really seems the devs want the game to be challenging at all times and in all modes. To hell with relaxing fun, eh? This is WORK, dammit!
  • Stanley71
    Stanley71 Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    The more money you invest, the more you play and the more you strenght your roster, the easier should the experience to play should be!
    Where is the benefit when the opponents level scale in that way to almost unplayable?
    I still see in PVE leaderboards players with very weak rosters in top positions!
    This can't be intended...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey, you're playing for a single Creepsicle cover, that's almost as good as 5 OML covers, so nodes simply NEED to be this hard!

If only rewards would scale with the enemy levels.
    Until they do, I think I'm done with this version of Gauntlet.
    If non-competitive PVE is supposed to give me critical boosts as a reward for beating level 385 enemies, you can keep it.
  • Lboogie
    Lboogie Posts: 55
    Options
    I just started and sub 1 nodes are normal. Maybe it started with cw scaling. Or your quickly ramped up. Not sure my first two were 45 and 50
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Lboogie wrote:
    I just started and sub 1 nodes are normal. Maybe it started with cw scaling. Or your quickly ramped up. Not sure my first two were 45 and 50
    Yes.
    Now look at sub 2 and 3.
    You're welcome.
  • hamsingame
    hamsingame Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    Node 4 in 2nd sub has a Wolverine (level 477 patch), gg all OML users!

Can probably just get lucky with winfinity (probably take a good 15 mins to chew through the 200k health though)
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I will be skipping the Gauntlet. Why is it these developers do not understand if we have more fun we are more likely to spend money. This event just gives me buyers remorse for every cent I have spent. If it had the same scaling as last time I would be super excited to play it and even spend some money. Now the purse strings slam shut yet again. They definitely do not want this game to be fun.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So once things hit 326 hit those essential branches before they hit 326 too?
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    The regular node at the split is 110.
    The essential starts at 304.

Second split is 339 regular, 324 essential.

Of course that's all sub 1.

So your choice is between batshit insane scaling and balooney scaling.

Second sub starts at 345.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    The regular node at the split is 110.
    The essential starts at 304.

Second split is 339 regular, 324 essential.

Of course that's all sub 1.
    So no more 326 max level. Great
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    Is there some kind of mandate coming from on high? This seems like a radical shift in priorities recently from us getting a little frustrated at the unending surge of new characters to a sudden wide eyed, mouth agape bafflement at the concept of "Things must be harder for you to have fun".

I play this game to relax, if I wanted difficulty I'd just play XCOM or Dark Souls...and die a lot cos I suck.

I don't really want to spend 5-10 minutes grinding down a single node, probably need to spend a health pack getting me back on my feet, and then do the same again.
    Especially since the neutering of the 3* roster was planned and the enemies we fight have not been weakened to compensate. So now you get these high HP enemies that hit hard while I'm playing catch up with my 4*s because my 3*s are relegated to "Do they generate AP?" roles. If I can't use a 3* to generate AP for the few 4*s I have that are useful, I'm probably not going to use them.
  • Frustrated1
    Frustrated1 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    Yet another failure by an out of touch development team who do not listen or care about their player base, and have no idea how to properly run an enjoyable game.

Remember:

"You're supposed to lose."
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    And I'm out. I didn't even make it to the second split of the first gauntlet because I'm not fighting level 280 Venom goons for critical boosts and I'm sure not pushing past that and doing 12 more fights for a lousy gauntlet token which will net me my 5318008th Boobstone cover. Thanks but no thanks, keep it devs.

I think I'm just going to mostly retire, do the DDQ, Lightning rounds and just enough PvP to get my 4K progression 10 pack. Just have fun and only play the dwindling easy and fun parts.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Those scaling justified if they would be give 5* cover. But for ice cover is joke icon_evil.gif
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Gauntlet was obviously too easy before icon_rolleyes.gif

**** ridiculous.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This game continues to head in the wrong direction. Lucky the rewards are **** so i wont waste my time. More like this so we can all find other games to play.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's almost like "Sit back & relax...& expect a torrid ride." in gaming.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    I was in two minds about doing Gauntlet since the final reward is purple Ice Man, a good cover but something I already have 5 of. And no way am I going to champ him in two weeks.

So after all of these reports, I'm just going to focus on PvP and play the game way less as a result. Gives me time to play Diablo or something more rewarding.