[PVE] scaling [Merged Thread]

Options

Comments

• madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gauntlet, up until now, had been my favorite PVE event. I look forward to every time it comes around because of the way it plays. I've always felt it was balanced correctly and went from easy to super difficult (at the very end of sub 3; like, midway through up to the end). I enjoyed not feeling like I was competing against other players for placement; just doing my thing and going through at my pace, knowing I had 7 days to complete, and I actually enjoyed going back through and farming a little bit of is from the battles in the first sub.

But not now. I'm hitting 365 lvl dudes on node 4 of Sub 2.

The scaling on Sub 1 went from Trivial Lvl 43s, to "Normal" lvl 339s. All within one sub.

"Normal". My 4 top players are OML lvl 360 and 3 champed 4*s. 360+270+270+270 (none of my 4*s are boosted for this event). That give me an average lvl of 293 for my top guys.

Is the "new" scaling on for Gauntlet and no one told us? That might make more sense because I have about 5 other 4*s that are maxed covered but not lvled. I also have a lot of 12 and 11 cover ones. And multiple covered 5*s that do not have a drop of iso in them.

#NotMyGauntlet
  • gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The concept that the Dev's fail to realise, is that the majority of the player base wants PVE to be easy.
    It is where you farm rewards and iso to build up your roster for the main focus of this game, which is PVP.

We don't want a challenge when we play PVE.
    We want to grind all nodes as quick as possible and more importantly,
    Get to use all those characters that we CAN'T use anywhere else in the game.

What's the point of designing all these 80+ characters with intricate powers and skills when we don't get to use them ?!?

Come on, Devs.

Your userbase is crying out.

We want EASIER pve nodes not HARDER.

/rant off

gmp72

DjangoUnbuffed cmd
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    13tyxh.jpg
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    madsalad wrote:
    Gauntlet, up until now, had been my favorite PVE event. I look forward to every time it comes around because of the way it plays. I've always felt it was balanced correctly and went from easy to super difficult (at the very end of sub 3; like, midway through up to the end). I enjoyed not feeling like I was competing against other players for placement; just doing my thing and going through at my pace, knowing I had 7 days to complete, and I actually enjoyed going back through and farming a little bit of is from the battles in the first sub.

But not now. I'm hitting 365 lvl dudes on node 4 of Sub 2.

The scaling on Sub 1 went from Trivial Lvl 43s, to "Normal" lvl 339s. All within one sub.

"Normal". My 4 top players are OML lvl 360 and 3 champed 4*s. 360+270+270+270 (none of my 4*s are boosted for this event). That give me an average lvl of 293 for my top guys.

Is the "new" scaling on for Gauntlet and no one told us? That might make more sense because I have about 5 other 4*s that are maxed covered but not lvled. I also have a lot of 12 and 11 cover ones. And multiple covered 5*s that do not have a drop of iso in them.

#NotMyGauntlet

What he said. He tipped me off to this early. I completed Wilderness Survival, saw this and decided to skip out on the rest of he Gauntlet. This, coupled with a recent poor D3 CS issue is not filling me with pride to be a MPQ player.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As it was rapidly pushing through 'easy' and 'normal' at a rapid rate I decided to push on until it reached 'hard' just to see how quickly it got there. It took until only sim 19 to reach that point or to put it another way, less than halfway through the medium gauntlet. (completion reward one 3*)
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I sent in a support ticket on the scaling for this event, let's see how it goes.
  • Elesid
    Elesid Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have quite a common roster for people who are participating in this forum: 375 oml + 6 championed 4* (one of them is cyclops). With such a roster I have 12 nods left to finish the last gauntlet. Therefore, I'd say that it is pain in my booty though manageable.

What I'm irritated about is rewards - I spent a lot of time, healpacks and nerves to get where I am now in the gauntlet and so far I received 4 cps, some iso, several tokens and one 3* cover. I believe such suffering really should be rewarded or most players would simply skip the event. If the ultimate reward was a 5* and you could get several 4* and a leg throughout the event (instead of 3*) such scaling would be justified.

So my thought is either:
    1) make rewards worth suffering
    2) reduce the suffering
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Three symbiotes at level 270-something in sub 02 before reaching the first split is my breaking point. They completely wrecked one team then nearly took out a second. I'm out.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've always hated this pve. in fact, i've never been able to finish it regardless of where my roster was at. the match difficulty always got too hard. this go round seems off the charts though.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am in 4* transiction... 5 characters 5stars at the basic lev255 with only one or two covers....then several 4*characters at lev188 and almost all 3 stars champed .....
    the last 2 gauntlet I succed to clear all the nodes with a challenging difficulty but still doable with a little board-luck icon_e_smile.gif

Now it's totally insane icon_mad.gif at node 21 I had to fight opponents at lev 311....ARE YOU KIDDING ME? icon_evil.gif

What kind of weeds did you smoke?

Time to quit this stupid game for good icon_e_confused.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's crazy, I've played this game for about 2 years, and each time I've had a hard time with the gauntlet due to scaling. I was able to defeat the whole thing ONCE so far. There was one time where they pushed the scaling so that they highest level enemies were only around 350.

This time, I'm only on the First of the three subs, and the enemies are already lv 350. My OML just died to the thor/sg/hawkeye node (Sim 11). Oh brother. If I decide to continue, it's going to be quite a slog.

I'm sad because I was really looking forward to getting my 13th Iceman cover, but it's just not worth it. I'll win it some other way that's more fun and less hair-pulling.

I'm not going to quit, but I'll definitely be playing more of other games now.
  • Vinmarc43
    Vinmarc43 Posts: 266
    Options
    Can someone in red reply to why the scaling has to be this ridiculous, you released 5 star char. and since then, it`s becoming less and less playable and fun. Battles are getting to long for a mobile game.

Half way trough wilderness and facing 343- moonstone/storm/cap america.
    Alpine first battle, 380 empricist.
    Global first battle, 421 carrier/carrier/mutation, ****, forget this, not going to subject myself to nonsense like this, I can play something else.

PLEASE, REDUCE SCALING OF THIS GAUNTLET BY 250 LEVELS AND LET US PLAY FOR FUN, NOT FOR STRESS AND FRUSTRATION icon_e_sad.gificon_e_confused.gif
  • AsylumTKJ
    AsylumTKJ Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    WEBGAS wrote:
    I am in 4* transiction... 5 characters 5stars at the basic lev255 with only one or two covers....then several 4*characters at lev188 and almost all 3 stars champed .....
    the last 2 gauntlet I succed to clear all the nodes with a challenging difficulty but still doable with a little board-luck icon_e_smile.gif

Now it's totally insane icon_mad.gif at node 21 I had to fight opponents at lev 311....ARE YOU KIDDING ME? icon_evil.gif

What kind of weeds did you smoke?

Time to quit this stupid game for good icon_e_confused.gif

I'm in the same boat.
    4* transitioner with some 5*. This node 21 keep beat my **** over and over again. They're lvl 341...
    I've finished the last two gauntlets, but I'm really wondering how I am supposed to do here if my opponents are already that strong...
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I would really enjoy that Iceman cover at the end, but first sub has convinced me that this is a great time to catch up on other things outside of this game.

I'll do my daily Deadpool and enjoy a nice break from PVE while this tinykitty event is running.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's obvious to everyone that 5☆s have broken every aspect of the game, and each attempt to "fix" it has only broken it more.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't get this run at all.

Last run I had 300 Phoenix and 350ish HB (champed, boosted). Those were my top two. Wasn't terrible!

This time I have 300 Phoenix and 350ish Cyc (champed, boosted). Still my top two. Was some terrible!

IT IS A 4* REWARD. 3* ROSTERS SHOULD BE GETTING IT. 4* ROSTERS SHOULD BE GETTING IT.

If it scaled up like this, a 5* should be the end reward.

Sign me up for the Ant-Man/Cho type events every day, a 4* reward with six nodes that were much easier.

[Yes, I finished Gauntlet. Yes, I finished the same day it started. Yes, because I had 100 health packs from opening a vault last week. Yes, my last 12 nodes were "Deadly" and I mega-whaled 20ish times through the event, Winfiniting almost every other time. No, it shouldn't come to that.]
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have a 3* roster and have some serious doubts that I'll be able to even finish the first sub, because the enemies are already scaled above the level of my boosted characters, and the boosted team is not particularly top-tier, either.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Simulation 23 is at level 362 for me. Good thing I don't need the iceman cover.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    Simulation 23 is at level 362 for me. Good thing I don't need the iceman cover.

Well I really need that iceman cover, quite badly. So this event will be really annoying. icon_e_sad.gif why couldn't it be a useless cover like Gwen yellow?

40+ very difficult nodes that will require both luck and one of my top pve teams like Winfinite or im40/4*thor, or imhb/if. Not looking forward to fighting level 370+ goons without any boosted 4*s. . .
  • Dekliko1978
    Dekliko1978 Posts: 93
    Options
    Nothing wrong with my scaling, Sim 12 is just normal according to their standards icon_e_sad.gif

Getting punished for improving your roster, sometimes I wonder why I even bother.

tNEpoZC.jpg