The Hulk Event Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Riggy wrote:
    user311 wrote:
    Wait so what was there a free Hulk that is no longer available? Confused.
    Once the bar in the main event gets filled, a node opens up that gives you a guaranteed Hulk cover. The devs screwed up and set the goal for the bar at 4500 points, which was achieved in about 4 minutes. Those of us who were lucky enough to see the node got to complete it early. They then came in and set the goal to a much higher number. Once it gets filled again, then you'll get the free Hulk cover.

Wonder if those who beat that fight will get to beat it again when the time rolls around, or whether it'll stay completed.

It will stay completed. Same thing happened when they did the 2nd run of The Hulk previously.
  • Wonder if those who beat that fight will get to beat it again when the time rolls around, or whether it'll stay completed.

This event has had a wonky start. I was casually mowing down guys at level 15-25, getting some points along the way. Suddenly there were connection issues, once resolved the level 18 Ares/Ragnarock/Moonstone fight leapt up to level 100.

I enjoyed the feeling of power while it lasted though.

It stays as completed if you are lucky enough to beat it early.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My levels are back down, but hulk on canada is still 230. Anyone else?
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I enjoyed the feeling of power while it lasted though.

It was pure joy. Even at Level 30, Hulk's Anger was going off every round, and Punisher's health was steadily getting chipped away through all the events. He was half health by the time all the levels jumped.

In previous events, there were low level, mid level, and high level opponents. The big points were in the high level opponents. But it was fun to go after the low level guys when there was decent ISO for it.
  • Thanos wrote:
    My levels are back down, but hulk on canada is still 230. Anyone else?

If it's the solo Hulk fight, he has an especially high base level because he's by himself.
  • The patch/event notes seem to be corrected now. They claim the rubberbanding this time is based on comparing your score to people at the same placement in other brackets.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My first couple of fights on the main screen were level 15s. Then there was a sound like a choir of demons farting in unison and everything jumped to 230s.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What the heck, anyone notice that the main event missions are repeatable now? Not that repeating them is a good idea as you'll do worse in the subs if you do them, but that's probably a bug.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    SamBC wrote:
    The patch/event notes seem to be corrected now. They claim the rubberbanding this time is based on comparing your score to people at the same placement in other brackets.

I am not sure if I trust them. The cover pack info is still incorrect.
  • sinnerjfl wrote:
    The scaling just went full ****... SIGH

230 Hulk... yeah, this is gonna be fun.

Exactly.

So dumb.

The hulk I face has like 16000 hp. Got him down to 230 and he went on like a 5 minute cascade to wipe out my whole team.

Screw this.

Another 3 tries. I have 12 covers down. What is fun about this?
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Restart your game. Levels are back down to reasonable amounts.
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    What the heck, anyone notice that the main event missions are repeatable now? Not that repeating them is a good idea as you'll do worse in the subs if you do them, but that's probably a bug.
    Yeah, that's been the case since the beginning of the event.
  • My new meta-game is watching forumers quit and disappear.
  • Restart your game. Levels are back down to reasonable amounts.

Did that, still all 230 for me icon_e_sad.gif
  • How much Hp / damage etc would a 1/1/1 BP be? Trying to decide if I should clear roster space early.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Restart your game. Levels are back down to reasonable amounts.
    Mine have gone back crazy again... none of the mook missions have levels below 100. Not that that's not doable, but it's unusual for them ALL to be that high. Plus Hulk at level 230, which (given he's buffed) is very hard for most teams, even high level. Spidey and stockpiles might make it manageable, I guess.

Correction: Hulk at 220. So much better. The amount of green tiles he generates if you hit him hard is insane, and don't let him get enough mana for any actual attacks.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Rajjeq wrote:
    How much Hp / damage etc would a 1/1/1 BP be? Trying to decide if I should clear roster space early.

Level 15 BP has 5.4k hp. 2/2/2 has 64 damage strike tiles, 46 strength defense tiles, and does 1.7k damage (1.36k post nerf).
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    The time length on this sub is kind of weird. Looks like subs are 25 hours 10 minutes long? Wonder if that means we'll be slowly progressing between US and EU friendly times.
  • Even a weak Spiderman can easily lock down The Hulk in the solo fight though, which is why he has a ridiculously high base level.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Even a weak Spiderman can easily lock down The Hulk in the solo fight though, which is why he has a ridiculously high base level.
    OBW works as well. Even though it's once again an event where you may need a Spidey with 5 blue in the long run. It's becoming quite old..