The Hulk Event Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Phantron wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:

We could sacrifice. Lose out in one sub, win bigger in the other.

Even then, the people who started the event late or missed subs will beat you because they get full rubberbanding. That's how this event worked last time.

It's particularly interesting when you see guys who have a score that's 5 times more than what you could have gotten if you did every mission down to 0 every refresh.

But I actually really dislike the current system where one guy can get top 5 every sub bracket if he's good enough, and I've been getting top 5 on every sub bracket I entered minus the ones I can't do the last refresh ever since they stopped using The Hulk system.

So they Shouldn't reward skill in the sub brackets then? Give the wins to guys who skipped half the event and then did just one or two sub brackets and he gets a free win?
  • But I actually really dislike the current system where one guy can get top 5 every sub bracket if he's good enough, and I've been getting top 5 on every sub bracket I entered minus the ones I can't do the last refresh ever since they stopped using The Hulk system.

Uh, phant. I am having a little bit of trouble understanding you. By current system, you meant the one used by Brotherhood? I don't understand why you can't do the last refresh?
  • SamBC wrote:
    Closing and reopening the game has made them return to slightly saner levels...
    Same here. Thanks for the tip!
  • Ok... again

I have done all the nodes in the Nevada subbracket 5 times, they're all down to 1 point now.
    But the leader in my bracket has 240 points more than me. How? What am I missing?
  • So apparenlty again I was spared of the 230+ ramp up, every scaled to 50-70 in my game except solo hulk who scaled to 180-140
  • PandaCore wrote:
    Ok... again

I have done all the nodes in the Nevada subbracket 5 times, they're all down to 1 point now.
    But the leader in my bracket has 240 points more than me. How? What am I missing?

rubberbanding. The subs are gonna be impossible to win if you actually play every event and grind that much. (don't know the technicality's of it but that's basically it.)
  • I closed and opened my game. I still see 2.1 Billion in the main bar. Anyone else?
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have to say though, the rewards in each sub bracket are pretty nice.

Top 600 gives you an event token (Hulk)
    Top 800 gives an heroic token

That's out of 2000 people, odds are good to get something worth it if you put in some time.
  • LordWill
    LordWill Posts: 341
    Options
    I lost connection too and came back and the scaling was super crazy level 230.

I'm trying to reset and see what that does....Not much. Still crazy high level guys 220-230.

I was REALLY hoping to do this event and finally have some fun.

Maybe they will reset it or something.
  • sms4002 wrote:
    PandaCore wrote:
    Ok... again

rubberbanding. The subs are gonna be impossible to win if you actually play every event and grind that much. (don't know the technicality's of it but that's basically it.)
    ... I guess it's really time to quit this game for a while

The event just started and I'm already exhausted... **** up scaling, **** up scoring... what the **** heck
  • mechgouki wrote:
    I closed and opened my game. I still see 2.1 Billion in the main bar. Anyone else?

closed and re opened multiple times. still 2.1 bil. enemies up from 12 - 70 to now EVERY SINGLE **** ONE 230. and I haven't even done a single mission in the sub brackets. This is so dumb.
  • sinnerjfl wrote:

That's out of 2000 people, odds are good to get something worth it if you put in some time.

I'm pretty sure the event tokens only give 2 stars, and 3 stars 15% of the time.
  • So uhh.. My final Hulk fight was level 22.. I lost connection to the game then go back to it and now he's 230? What the hell??
  • sms4002 wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:
    I closed and opened my game. I still see 2.1 Billion in the main bar. Anyone else?

closed and re opened multiple times. still 2.1 bil. enemies up from 12 - 70 to now EVERY SINGLE tinykitty ONE 230. and I haven't even done a single mission in the sub brackets. This is so dumb.

I know, right?

And if you state your discontent about the PVE events openly, Internet Superheroes swoop down to kick you in the **** before they insult your mother.
  • PVE Event Notes 3/5

Postby IceIX » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:47 pm
    PVE Episode 2.5 Re-run! The Hulk
    The Hulk has been spotted in various places around the world. Osborn wants him on H.A.M.M.E.R.'s side. Fury wants him back in S.H.I.E.L.D.'s hands or at least contained. But does Bruce Banner have other motivations?

- Buffed characters for this Event: Captain America (Modern), The Hulk (Indestructible), Punisher (Dark Reign), Spider-Man (Classic), Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)

I don't see Captain America, Spiderman or Wolverine as being Buffed. Does anyone else?
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This has been the most disastrous launch of an event to date. If the scal... who are we kidding this was not scaling they all JUMPED to 230 IMMEDIATELY after that disconnect occurred. Even if they go down in levels we all now they will not go down to the level they were at. This of course means anyone who played at the very start has a huge advantage.

I think they need to end this event, let everyone keep the stuff they got so far, and try again later.

What a mess.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    So, now that scaling is through the roof meaning that there are very few teams that can survive, what is the best team for this event?

OBW/Frank/BP seems obvious, but what about for those of us who dont have BP?
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mechgouki wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:

I'm pretty sure the event tokens only give 2 stars, and 3 stars 15% of the time.

Yeah I know, they arent the greatest but you can easily get 2 tokens a day which increases your odds.

Heck, I got a red punisher out of the first one I opened. Then again I'm probably not gonna get another 3* from the rest of course... icon_lol.gif
  • SteelBus wrote:
    PVE Event Notes 3/5

The Hulk has been spotted in various places around the world. Osborn wants him on H.A.M.M.E.R.'s side. Fury wants him back in S.H.I.E.L.D.'s hands or at least contained. But does Bruce Banner have other motivations?

- Buffed characters for this Event: Captain America (Modern), The Hulk (Indestructible), Punisher (Dark Reign), Spider-Man (Classic), Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)

I don't see Captain America, Spiderman or Wolverine as being Buffed. Does anyone else?

lol! Looks like he copied and pasted the patch notes from the previous Hulk event!

PS - Black Panther black got nerfed by 20%
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    SteelBus wrote:
    PVE Event Notes 3/5

Those patch notes seem way wrong. The bundles they say they are selling are completely wrong and there is no mention of Black Tiger in the event. I think these are the packs and buffed characters of the old running of the event.