The Hulk Event Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• mechgouki wrote:
    But I actually really dislike the current system where one guy can get top 5 every sub bracket if he's good enough, and I've been getting top 5 on every sub bracket I entered minus the ones I can't do the last refresh ever since they stopped using The Hulk system.

Uh, phant. I am having a little bit of trouble understanding you. By current system, you meant the one used by Brotherhood? I don't understand why you can't do the last refresh?

Failure to last refresh is due to time issues. I have yet to place lower than #5 in a sub bracket from the system used in The Brotherhood, and I think it's rather unfair to everyone else even though it certainly benefits me.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:

We could sacrifice. Lose out in one sub, win bigger in the other.

Even then, the people who started the event late or missed subs will beat you because they get full rubberbanding. That's how this event worked last time.

It's particularly interesting when you see guys who have a score that's 5 times more than what you could have gotten if you did every mission down to 0 every refresh.

But I actually really dislike the current system where one guy can get top 5 every sub bracket if he's good enough, and I've been getting top 5 on every sub bracket I entered minus the ones I can't do the last refresh ever since they stopped using The Hulk system.

Maybe I'm not understanding this correctly, but if rubberbanding is based off of main bracket, can't I just skip the first subevent or two, then jump in on day 4 and ride rubberbanding for the remaining events?

You're understanding it correctly: that's exactly what rubberbanding was designed to do. Of course youd be missing out on a ton of iso and probably tokens by doing that, but if you can't afford the time, it's fine.
  • poontree wrote:
    SteelBus wrote:
    PVE Event Notes 3/5

Postby IceIX » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:47 pm
    PVE Episode 2.5 Re-run! The Hulk
    The Hulk has been spotted in various places around the world. Osborn wants him on H.A.M.M.E.R.'s side. Fury wants him back in S.H.I.E.L.D.'s hands or at least contained. But does Bruce Banner have other motivations?

- Buffed characters for this Event: Captain America (Modern), The Hulk (Indestructible), Punisher (Dark Reign), Spider-Man (Classic), Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)

I don't see Captain America, Spiderman or Wolverine as being Buffed. Does anyone else?

lol! Looks like he copied and pasted the patch notes from the previous Hulk event!

PS - Black Panther black got nerfed by 20%
    So the black got nerfed. Did they manage to fix his other two abilities?
  • Maybe I'm not understanding this correctly, but if rubberbanding is based off of main bracket, can't I just skip the first subevent or two, then jump in on day 4 and ride rubberbanding for the remaining events?

Yeah and you could do that in the old The Hulk event. I wouldn't be trying this until we verify this is indeed what's happening though. The text they use for rubberbanding seems to be always the same, despite the fact that rubberband system for The Hulk is very different from all the other events. Basically, if by the second bracket you see guys with impossibly high sub bracket score (like 5 times the maximum you could've gotten by doing every mission down to 0), then it's the old The Hulk scoring system, and that system you could just join the last 4 days or so and still catch up. That doesn't mean you'll necessarily place well, since after you caught up it's still the same old cutthroat competition, but you can save a lot of work. The drawback will be missing all the sub event rewards in between, though you'll be guaranteed to win several sub brackets too to make up for it.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Devoured lvl 230 Hulk; 20 iso. Sigh. Cool, back to lightning rounds and the defender thingy.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2014
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Buffed characters for this Event: Captain America (Modern), The Hulk (Indestructible), Punisher (Dark Reign), Spider-Man (Classic), Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)

Actually seems to be
    Buffed characters for this Event: The Hulk (Indestructible), Punisher (Dark Reign), Hawkeye (Modern), Black Widow (Original), Black Panther (T'Challa), Thor (Marvel Now!).

Edit to add OBW
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    gobstopper wrote:

They fixed one, but not the other.....
    Rage of the Panther - Lowered damage by 20% across all levels
    Defense Grid - Fixed a bug where Level 2 would not reliably allow three Protect tiles to be placed.
  • over_clocked
    edited March 2014
    Options
    oBW is definitely buffed. 4515 health.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Maybe I'm not understanding this correctly, but if rubberbanding is based off of main bracket, can't I just skip the first subevent or two, then jump in on day 4 and ride rubberbanding for the remaining events?

Yeah and you could do that in the old The Hulk event. I wouldn't be trying this until we verify this is indeed what's happening though. The text they use for rubberbanding seems to be always the same, despite the fact that rubberband system for The Hulk is very different from all the other events. Basically, if by the second bracket you see guys with impossibly high sub bracket score (like 5 times the maximum you could've gotten by doing every mission down to 0), then it's the old The Hulk scoring system, and that system you could just join the last 4 days or so and still catch up. That doesn't mean you'll necessarily place well, since after you caught up it's still the same old cutthroat competition, but you can save a lot of work. The drawback will be missing all the sub event rewards in between, though you'll be guaranteed to win several sub brackets too to make up for it.

Yeah, I think it's a bit too early to call on the 'rubberbanding is based solely off main bracket' theory. While possible, it seemed like the devs seemed to like the method of doing it based on sub-event.
  • MarvelMan wrote:
    gobstopper wrote:

They fixed one, but not the other.....
    Rage of the Panther - Lowered damage by 20% across all levels
    Defense Grid - Fixed a bug where Level 2 would not reliably allow three Protect tiles to be placed.
    Huh? What does that Defense Grid "fix" even mean?

Why do Devs keep making the same mistakes over and over? Maybe people are getting fired and they are bringing in a new person to work on the same problem each time?
  • Phantron wrote:

I lack the willpower to abstain, even one sub... daddy needs his fix. will see if I can hold off until I get out of work... boss has been giving me evil eye all week after he caught me playing on Monday. Damn elite tourney almost got me fired.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Wow, after relaunching the game I got my lvl 230 Hulk down from 230 to 206 and instead of Deadly this is merely Normal. Wow so much help. At least I got a black Hulk and some iso to level Punisher.
    Black Panther still murders with his black, even at level 20. Some super buff here. I'd say by 80% minimum?
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Yeah, I think it's a bit too early to call on the 'rubberbanding is based solely off main bracket' theory. While possible, it seemed like the devs seemed to like the method of doing it based on sub-event.

Main mission repeatables went down as I did Nevada missions

Did two Canada missions, and my main missions continuned to go down, yet my Nevada missions went UP

Not sure if that helps
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wait so what was there a free Hulk that is no longer available? Confused.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Kelbris wrote:

Main mission repeatables went down as I did Nevada missions

Did two Canada missions, and my main missions combined to go down, yet my Nevada missions went UP

Not sure if that helps

That makes me think it's not based on the main bracket, then...because if it was, then Nevada would go down when you did Canada missions, just like your main missions. (Main missions are based on the main bracket, though...which would be expected.)
  • LordWill
    LordWill Posts: 341
    Options
    Not sure if I should even try to play or if they are going to reset it. After the connection lost like everyone else, everything is deadly 230 level, even after rebooting my phone.

This HAS to be a glitch. It was working fine until that connection lost.
  • user311 wrote:
    Once the bar in the main event gets filled, a node opens up that gives you a guaranteed Hulk cover. The devs screwed up and set the goal for the bar at 4500 points, which was achieved in about 4 minutes. Those of us who were lucky enough to see the node got to complete it early. They then came in and set the goal to a much higher number. Once it gets filled again, then you'll get the free Hulk cover.
  • Holy High Levels. This event is going to be tough for me...
  • I lack the willpower to abstain, even one sub... daddy needs his fix. will see if I can hold off until I get out of work... boss has been giving me evil eye all week after he caught me playing on Monday. Damn elite tourney almost got me fired.

Well it's impossible to tell what system it's under (in the first day rubberband off main or sub is the same thing because there's only two total sub brackets) but it'd be obvious by day 2. In The Hulk system, it'd be like say you do every mission twice and have 1000 points, you'd see your sub bracket leader have 5000 points. In the sub-bracket based rubberband system, your sub bracket leader should have no more than about 1500. But you can only figure that out after the first sub bracket ended.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Riggy wrote:
    user311 wrote:
    Once the bar in the main event gets filled, a node opens up that gives you a guaranteed Hulk cover. The devs screwed up and set the goal for the bar at 4500 points, which was achieved in about 4 minutes. Those of us who were lucky enough to see the node got to complete it early. They then came in and set the goal to a much higher number. Once it gets filled again, then you'll get the free Hulk cover.

Wonder if those who beat that fight will get to beat it again when the time rolls around, or whether it'll stay completed.

This event has had a wonky start. I was casually mowing down guys at level 15-25, getting some points along the way. Suddenly there were connection issues, once resolved the level 18 Ares/Ragnarock/Moonstone fight leapt up to level 100.

I enjoyed the feeling of power while it lasted though.