The Hulk Event Discussion Thread

Comments

• mechgouki wrote:
    Scaling defintely reduces the number of times I had to clear. As the whiny **** got louder, my rank got higher, with less effort. I want more scaling if anything.

So all you have to do is to be louder, so your rank would go higher. Nice. Good job.

High end players that do well in the new system did well in the old system too. It's just after a while you start questioning your sanity for getting every mission down to 0 every refresh even if you can do it trivially. The highest character I had in The Hulk event the first time was a 85 Wolverine (which is all you need anyway) and I think I finished around 100th place overall, and I was doing at least half of the missions down to 0 on every refresh and it's not something I'd prefer to do constantly, even with a boosted Wolverine that makes most of these fights easier than a 230X3 would be with normal characters (Wolverine basically never took any damage unless you're fighting pre nerf Ragnarok).
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Hmm, is it just me or did they raise that bar from 450 Million to 2.1 Billion?
    No they lowered it to 210M
  • Says the resident queen bee ****

Says the insane nutjob who goes around making personal attacks for no reason.

Look, if you have a mental issue, go and get professional help. Don't go around barking insults at people who never actually offended you like some kind of mad dog.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Says the resident queen bee ****

Look, if you have a mental issue, go and get professional help. Don't go around barking insults at people who never actually offended you like some kind of mad dog.

Whom did I personally attack... oh right, whiny ****... my apologies mechgouki. I hope they are able to successfully remove the sand from your ****.
  • mechgouki wrote:

I can confirm that it was 2.1 billion briefly. I think they just added an extra zero while tinkering.

So are the subs giving special tokens? I basically see this as nine days worth of tiny chances to pull BP covers.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:
    Scaling defintely reduces the number of times I had to clear. As the whiny **** got louder, my rank got higher, with less effort. I want more scaling if anything.

So all you have to do is to be louder, so your rank would go higher. Nice. Good job.

High end players that do well in the new system did well in the old system too. It's just after a while you start questioning your sanity for getting every mission down to 0 every refresh even if you can do it trivially. The highest character I had in The Hulk event the first time was a 85 Wolverine (which is all you need anyway) and I think I finished around 100th place overall, and I was doing at least half of the missions down to 0 on every refresh and it's not something I'd prefer to do constantly, even with a boosted Wolverine that makes most of these fights easier than a 230X3 would be with normal characters (Wolverine basically never took any damage unless you're fighting pre nerf Ragnarok).

That first run was over Christmas that I recall. Not my most social holiday with 8 hour catch ups including 4am...
  • mechgouki wrote:

Whom did I personally attack... oh right, whiny ****... my apologies mechgouki. I hope they are able to successfully remove the sand from your ****.

Go and get professional help. You're obviously delusional and psychotic.

I'm not a woman, so I don't have a ****. But I'm guessing you must have that situation with sand a lot of times.
  • Ghast wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:

I can confirm that it was 2.1 billion briefly. I think they just added an extra zero while tinkering.

So are the subs giving special tokens? I basically see this as nine days worth of tiny chances to pull BP covers.
    Please see page 3 for your answer. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black panther is super buffed. Poor hulk is only minor buffed. Seems harsh in his own event. Unless his crystal grows up when we hit the target.
  • Is there no brackets for the main event?
  • Hmm, did the first stage rubberbanded to 300 for anyone else?

@Micro, I dont think so.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Oh look, another relic of the old hulk event. I didnt join yet and it seems like rubberbanding is off of the main event like it was before. Have fun never winning subs if youre at the top of the main event leaderboards everyone!

But this keeps the main bracket more interesting. In the recent PvE events the only thing of interest is the guys fighting for the cutoff points (e.g. #2 vs #3) because a lot of those places are settled halfway through the event. Given the main bracket is unbracketed, it'd be pretty bad if you knew you had no chance of hitting top 200 3 days into the event. That doesn't mean you're guaranteed to finish top 200, but The Hulk event means you at least always have a chance.

oh **** I had forgot about this part of rubberbanding in this event! Completely hate that! just have to hope for top 400 or w/e so you still get the token I guess...
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Hmm, did the first stage rubberbanded to 300 for anyone else?

@Micro, I dont think so.

Lol I was planning on entering in a few days, good thing I caught on early.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Microtom wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:

@Micro, I dont think so.

It rubberbanded for me. They're using the old system where it rubberbands based off of main bracket.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:

Go and get professional help. You're obviously delusional and psychotic.

I'm not a woman, so I don't have a ****. But I'm guessing you must have that situation with sand a lot of times.

My favorite kind of internet tough guy. Starts some ****, and then gets all bent out of shape when I throw it back in your face. Don't you have another whiny post to tend to?
  • Microtom wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:

@Micro, I dont think so.

It rubberbanded for me. They're using the old system where it rubberbands based off of main bracket.

I actually prefer this system, though the drawback is that it's impossible to win sub brackets consistently no matter how good you are.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    Microtom wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:

@Micro, I dont think so.

I actually prefer this system, though the drawback is that it's impossible to win sub brackets consistently no matter how good you are.

I see the pros/cons of both. i'm just irked that I can't token farm like in the last event, especially because I care a lot more about BP than Psylocke.
  • My favorite kind of internet tough guy. Starts some tinykitty, and then gets all bent out of shape when I throw it back in your face. Don't you have another whiny post to tend to?

Whatever tinykitty I started up, I did NOT insult you. You are the one who acted like a female dog in heat and started lashing out with personal attacks.

Last time I checked, a forum is a place to share opinions. If you don't agree with me in anything, feel free to state your disagreement. Only **** go around insulting people with unprovoked attacks.

I don't know what I did to piss you off. But try to get this clear, you are the one who threw the insults, and you are the one with the problem. Only **** hurl insults for no effing reason.

And for crying out loud, if you have sand in your ****, go get it treated! Sheesh...
  • Which characters are major buffed? I have slot shortages and may need to delete people.
  • Rajjeq wrote:
    Which characters are major buffed? I have slot shortages and may need to delete people.

Black Panther is full buffed.