The Hulk Event Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Celerity wrote:
    Is there ever an event where Punisher is not buffed, or where Punisher covers are not offered as rewards? This guy might as well be camping at D3 headquarters.

To answer the first part - almost every event before this, Punisher wasn't buffed. I believe shortly after he was released, he was buffed, and as of the last PvE event, and now, I don't recall any other PvE events where he was roid raging (I have him seriously maxed and would have noticed before now, given how I was often having to put him aside in favor of heroes like Patch).
  • So there are no brackets then? So waiting to join shouldn't matter?
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    akboyce wrote:
    WesFaram wrote:
    Knock3r wrote:
    I severely doubt there's no scaling in this event. All my enemies including the DA are all lvl 14 right now. I'm sure they won't stay that way for long. Hopefully the scaling is more moderate this time.

Oops, I was talking about points per mission. So I take back my scaling comment and insert rubberbanding.
    It looks like rubber banding exists... but do the 1 day subs refresh node points after a certain amount of hours? I don't remember how the last Hulk event worked.

Seconding this question. What was the reset timer last time around?

If I remember correctly I believe it was every 8 hours.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    sms4002 wrote:
    So there are no brackets then? So waiting to join shouldn't matter?

There's no main bracket. Sub brackets are set to 2000
  • If I remember correctly I believe it was every 8 hours.

Correct
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    About that free Hulk cover. That thing happened last time when they ran the Hulk event too. For those not quick enough you will get your hulk cover later in the event and people who did manage to get the early hulk you will not be able to get a second hulk later on. At least that is what happened last time.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Atren wrote:
    nobody1111 wrote:
    So far, no scaling.
    which personally I don't like, because I don't want a grind fest to hold a top place, but that's me personally and I liked the last 2 events.

You do realise that scaling does not prevent grinding, it actually makes it worse? I really do not get people notion that scaling works against grinding?

Unfortunately, many people believe that scaling does reduce the need for grind.

To be honest, I just think it makes grinding harder. Just my opinion though.

Scaling defintely reduces the number of times I had to clear. As the whiny **** got louder, my rank got higher, with less effort. I want more scaling if anything.
  • sms4002 wrote:

Nice, thanks. What are the sub rewards?
  • Scaling defintely reduces the number of times I had to clear. As the whiny **** got louder, my rank got higher, with less effort. I want more scaling if anything.

Scaling reduces the amount of times needed to clear, but not the amount of time required to clear (especially with mid level teams).
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    Oh yeah. Another Black Panther Cover off of the free Event Token. BP is gonna be my main guy for this event. His black will wipe enemy teams out.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh look, another relic of the old hulk event. I didnt join yet and it seems like rubberbanding is off of the main event like it was before. Have fun never winning subs if youre at the top of the main event leaderboards everyone!
  • windfallstar
    Options
    mechgouki wrote:
    Atren wrote:
    nobody1111 wrote:
    So far, no scaling.
    which personally I don't like, because I don't want a grind fest to hold a top place, but that's me personally and I liked the last 2 events.

You do realise that scaling does not prevent grinding, it actually makes it worse? I really do not get people notion that scaling works against grinding?

Unfortunately, many people believe that scaling does reduce the need for grind.

To be honest, I just think it makes grinding harder. Just my opinion though.

Scaling defintely reduces the number of times I had to clear. As the whiny **** got louder, my rank got higher, with less effort. I want more scaling if anything.
    More scaling is great if you want to fight nothing but an endless stream of 230s across the board every single event. Maybe you have fun doing that, personally I'd rather not fight enemies that can wipe my team with a single ability.
  • Another 10 dayer....gonna feel like a marathon.
  • bughunt wrote:

Scaling reduces the amount of times needed to clear, but not the amount of time required to clear (especially with mid level teams).
    I think he's speaking from his pov. For me, it was also definitely both less time and effort involved. For the average midlevel player, sure it hurts them.
  • bughunt wrote:

Punisher/Spidey/OBW will make quick work of even the tankiest goons. I'd much rather do 1.5 - 2 laps at L230 then grind down each node to zero at L50
  • Oh look, another relic of the old hulk event. I didnt join yet and it seems like rubberbanding is off of the main event like it was before. Have fun never winning subs if youre at the top of the main event leaderboards everyone!

But this keeps the main bracket more interesting. In the recent PvE events the only thing of interest is the guys fighting for the cutoff points (e.g. #2 vs #3) because a lot of those places are settled halfway through the event. Given the main bracket is unbracketed, it'd be pretty bad if you knew you had no chance of hitting top 200 3 days into the event. That doesn't mean you're guaranteed to finish top 200, but The Hulk event means you at least always have a chance.
  • Scaling defintely reduces the number of times I had to clear. As the whiny **** got louder, my rank got higher, with less effort. I want more scaling if anything.

So all you have to do is to be louder, so your rank would go higher. Nice. Good job.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    sms4002 wrote:
    sms4002 wrote:

Nice, thanks. What are the sub rewards?

1-4: Event Recruit Token x2, 1000 ISO, 100HP
    5-20: Event Recruit Token, 1000 ISO, 100HP
    21-100: Event Recruit Token, 1000 ISO, 50HP
    101-200: Event Recruit Token, 1000 ISO
    201-400: Event Recruit Token, 500 ISO
    401-600: Event Recruit Token, 250 ISO
    601-800: Heroic Recruit Token, 250 ISO
    801-1000: Standard Recruit Token x3, 250 ISO
    1001-1200: Standard Recruit Token x2, 250 ISO
    1201-1600: Standard Recruit Token, 250 ISO
    1601-1800: 140 ISO
    1801-2000: 70 ISO
  • Hmm, is it just me or did they raise that bar from 450 Million to 2.1 Billion?
  • mechgouki wrote:

So all you have to do is to be louder, so your rank would go higher. Nice. Good job.

Says the resident queen bee ****