The Hulk Event Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Huh, wth just happened?

Been doing the event and didn't see any scaling, fights where pretty low, around level 13-14.
    Then I lost the connection for a short while and now some enemies ramped up to lvl 230... wth?
  • Phantron wrote:
    Microtom wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:
    Hmm, did the first stage rubberbanded to 300 for anyone else?

@Micro, I dont think so.

Lol I was planning on entering in a few days, good thing I caught on early.

It rubberbanded for me. They're using the old system where it rubberbands based off of main bracket.

I actually prefer this system, though the drawback is that it's impossible to win sub brackets consistently no matter how good you are.

We could sacrifice. Lose out in one sub, win bigger in the other.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Holy 230's batman!! Went to take a piss, now everyone is level 230.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Sooooooooooo....

Lost connection. Came back... everyone was 230 again.... congrats speed demons.

Also I did not notice the level jump and got... screwed... yea... screwed...

Yup: Literately everyone is 230 now. I had not even finished a 2nd clearing. This is on the easier of the two
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Where do I get said Hulk Cover, I've done all the missions and that wasn't a reward
  • PandaCore wrote:
    Huh, wth just happened?

Been doing the event and didn't see any scaling, fights where pretty low, around level 13-14.
    Then I lost the connection for a short while and now some enemies ramped up to lvl 230... wth?

hahah I knew this event was too good to be true with all these low level guys!! **** this game icon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mechgouki wrote:

Even then, the people who started the event late or missed subs will beat you because they get full rubberbanding. That's how this event worked last time.
  • I just disconnected from the server, and on reconnecting every match up is against 230s in Canada. Previously it was against 22s!

Happened to anyone else?
  • So, my OH and I are both playing... and Nevada Black Panther mission for her is lvl100ish Dark Avengers. I've done it twice, and it's still level 14. How is the level escalator working?
  • Also apart from the difficulty just ramping up insanely. I have done all nodes 5 times in the subbracket, but there are people with 200 points more than me (in the subbracket, mind you). How is this possible? They surely didn't grind nodes for 1 point 200 times...
  • SamBC wrote:
    So, my OH and I are both playing... and Nevada Black Panther mission for her is lvl100ish Dark Avengers. I've done it twice, and it's still level 14. How is the level escalator working?
    Ah, and now Canada's Hulk mission is lvl230 for me. What the heck are they playing at?
  • Lady A wrote:
    I just disconnected from the server, and on reconnecting every match up is against 230s in Canada. Previously it was against 22s!

Happened to anyone else?

Yup, me too. I'm going to assume the devs are tinkering right now, so I'll take a break for a little bit and hope they sort this **** out.
  • Zifna
    Zifna Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Man, how depressing, right from L15 guys to a L230 hulk

I don't want to fight that, guys. I don't.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Ok... this is just STUPID. I had not done ANY in Canada and they are ALL 230.

I am going to assume (read prey) this is a mistake.

Lets count them now shall we?

1) BP released with 2 broken abilities

2) Event launched with Hulk match already unlocked.... for 2nd time.... you'd think they'd know to watch for that this time

3) After they shut down for a few minutes EVERY fight including the ones to unlock sub events jump to 230

Congrats again to those that got in early.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    My favorite kind of internet tough guy. Starts some tinykitty, and then gets all bent out of shape when I throw it back in your face. Don't you have another whiny post to tend to?

Whatever tinykitty I started up, I did NOT insult you. You are the one who acted like a female dog in heat and started lashing out with personal attacks.

Last time I checked, a forum is a place to share opinions. If you don't agree with me in anything, feel free to state your disagreement. Only **** go around insulting people with unprovoked attacks.

I don't know what I did to piss you off. But try to get this clear, you are the one who threw the insults, and you are the one with the problem. Only **** hurl insults for no effing reason.

And for crying out loud, if you have sand in your ****, go get it treated! Sheesh...

You implied I was a ****. (with no provacation from me) I took offense. Settle down buddy, I'm bored at work and I like **** with people. Especially when they react to it. I'll leave you alone now, I've actually got to get some **** done so I can play some LRs after conference call.

I like scaling. You apparently do not. The world keeps turning.
  • Lady A wrote:
    I just disconnected from the server, and on reconnecting every match up is against 230s in Canada. Previously it was against 22s!

Happened to anyone else?
    IDK about things changing, but I just started, and the first/only main mission is against 3x230.
  • mechgouki wrote:

Even then, the people who started the event late or missed subs will beat you because they get full rubberbanding. That's how this event worked last time.

It's particularly interesting when you see guys who have a score that's 5 times more than what you could have gotten if you did every mission down to 0 every refresh.

But I actually really dislike the current system where one guy can get top 5 every sub bracket if he's good enough, and I've been getting top 5 on every sub bracket I entered minus the ones I can't do the last refresh ever since they stopped using The Hulk system.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The scaling just went full ****... SIGH

230 Hulk... yeah, this is gonna be fun.
  • Closing and reopening the game has made them return to slightly saner levels...
  • Phantron wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:

It's particularly interesting when you see guys who have a score that's 5 times more than what you could have gotten if you did every mission down to 0 every refresh.

But I actually really dislike the current system where one guy can get top 5 every sub bracket if he's good enough, and I've been getting top 5 on every sub bracket I entered minus the ones I can't do the last refresh ever since they stopped using The Hulk system.

Maybe I'm not understanding this correctly, but if rubberbanding is based off of main bracket, can't I just skip the first subevent or two, then jump in on day 4 and ride rubberbanding for the remaining events?