The Hulk Event Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have no idea what's going but when I first checked the event when I woke up (I'm in Sydney, Aus), the very first mission on the main bracket was all 230s. Log back in on the train an hour later and it's dropped to Easy. Do that...and every fight in both subs are Easy or Normal. Needless to say I smashed through them thinking that they'll jump soon, but they're still all Easy or Normal after running through each once. I have no doubt they'll jump ridiculously at some point in the near future but I was happy to get some easy ISO with my 132 Patch, 30 Panther (an absolute weapon on full buff, even at level 30), and OBW.

Bit disappointed to see yet another character on offer in this event; three in as many weeks? Really? Even more disappointed that it's just a 3* Thor with the exact same powers as 2*. Oh well, I'm taking it easy this time anyway. Just going to farm for ISO when I can be bothered to max out Patch and try to get my 105 Hulk as high as poss.
  • Is Modern Thor a new character? I've never seen any of his covers.
  • Haven't had a chance to really start yet but what teams are people running? Despite having a maxed Hulk and 128 Punisher I feel like Thor, OBW and Panther will get me through most of this.

Anyone doing anything interesting as far as teams go?
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Haven't had a chance to really start yet but what teams are people running? Despite having a maxed Hulk and 128 Punisher I feel like Thor, OBW and Panther will get me through most of this.

Thor/OBW/BP is exactly the team I'm running. I've been running roughshod over everyone (all under L80) except Solo Hulk, using a L69 Thor, a L37 OBW, and a two-cover BP.
  • I'm getting low points for high level fights also.

and I'm not buying anymore tokens....... every single one has been Red Thors............ Even the one for reaching 10,000 points.
  • A tankier Thor hmm. Now I just need to grab a top 1000 spot.

Hopefully icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just realized...

You can't fight Hulk unless you have Punisher and the other Canada node needs Black Panther... both of which I don't have.

icon_e_sad.gif

Can someone please tell me how those encounters go re: storyline?

That's a bit disappointing to not even be able to encounter the Hulk.

Makes me kind of wish they would offer a team-up option for those of us without the required characters (and why in the world do people assume newer players have it easy in PvE? How can you even progress without the right characters?) at the cost of lowered rewards.
  • There is a non-Punisher Hulk node in Canada, you just have to do the other three missions that don't have required heroes.
  • So this is the first time I've played a PvE without owning the newest character (Black Panther). I'm curious, is it possible to still be competitively close to the top of the bracket without hitting those exclusive nodes? Will rubberbanding help cover some of that gap or am I just screwed?
  • I'm kinda glad they put out a prize that doesn't interest me. Gonna take this one easy and just do clears for ISO primarily.
  • anyone know how long the recharge rate is?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    entropic01 wrote:
    I'm kinda glad they put out a prize that doesn't interest me. Gonna take this one easy and just do clears for ISO primarily.

You should aim for at least 1 3* Thor as he'll inevitably be buffed/required in the next event.
  • I don't see 500 iso rewards being offered anywhere. That sucks big time. The 500 iso reward was the only reward I really got excited about earning. The current rewards are all so middle of the road that I don't even care which one i get - pretty lame.
  • I don't see 500 iso rewards being offered anywhere. That sucks big time. The 500 iso reward was the only reward I really got excited about earning. The current rewards are all so middle of the road that I don't even care which one i get - pretty lame.

The 500 iso rewards are only available in one of the sub-sections that run together (Canada at the moment).
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There is something very satisfying about using Venom's Devour to down Hulk with 10000+ health.

I am bummed about the 500-iso reward not being offered across the board. I don't really care about boosts. Most of the time I only use them when I'm near the cap. Though I will take a boost over the 20-iso reward...
  • bughunt wrote:
    I don't see 500 iso rewards being offered anywhere. That sucks big time. The 500 iso reward was the only reward I really got excited about earning. The current rewards are all so middle of the road that I don't even care which one i get - pretty lame.

The 500 iso rewards are only available in one of the sub-sections that run together (Canada at the moment).

Ah... I must not have unlocked that yet. Off to Canada I go!
  • Haven't had a chance to really start yet but what teams are people running? Despite having a maxed Hulk and 128 Punisher I feel like Thor, OBW and Panther will get me through most of this.

Thor OBW and Panther sounds fun - off to Canada to try it out!
  • Just waiting til there's less than 14 hours left to the end of the event, so I can join Canada, and have a chance at a decent placement. Hopefully by then, a new sub group would have started, and everyone will only be able to do a max of 2 cycles. Event ends at 4am for me, so no chance at doing a rotation during the end of the cycle, so will just try and do two full cycles, and hope that people get lazy in my bracket :S
  • Do we know the recharge rate for the sub events? Usually its 8 hours so mine should have refreshed a few minutes ago but they are all still sitting at 1.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    **** 1st gateway mission and I have to put up with a 228 Dark Avenger team which includes Daken for a measly 300 event points? Not even 1 token 17 goon team? edit: I suppose I should be grateful that they're not 230... icon_e_confused.gif

My scaling is so majorly tinykittied.