Comments

• GigerHR
    GigerHR Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    3/4/5
    Blade
    Cyclops
    Black Bolt

Nightstalker stealing 3 Red/turn keeping Strength in Numbers/Adamantium Slash at bay, while feeding Cyclops' bombs. BB is just there for the match damage... and the occasional board wipe. icon_e_smile.gif

For the wave nodes, JG generally subs in for Blade to keep the attack tiles down.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    During Eots found these very amusing:

3* Blade, 4* Cyc, Quake

All colors covered once again, Quake prevent team damage and destroy troublesome tiles, Blade steal a lot of AP and make attacks stronger, Cyc generate AP and hit hard. In the long battles, Blade gathered like 5 AP stealers which made goons totally numb so beating them was a cake walk after that. Takes some time to gather so many AP stealers though in which case could also use:

3* Blade, Hood, any bluetile.pnggreentile.pngredtile.png user like in this eots Hulkbuster so that it generates also lots of red for Blade and make protect tiles. Occasional nuke also delivers even more damage.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    During Vicious Cycle was running:

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_ghostrider.png (boosted)
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_falcon.png
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_blade.png (boosted)

Got GR's red out as quickly as possible. Blade generating some strike tiles if lucky. Then falcon blue making GR's countdown hit every turn, while buffing strike & attack tiles. Really enjoyed that.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    During Vicious Cycle was running:

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_ghostrider.png (boosted)
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_blade.png (boosted)

Got GR's red out as quickly as possible. Blade generating some strike tiles if lucky. Then falcon blue making GR's countdown hit every turn, while buffing strike & attack tiles. Really enjoyed that.

I've been running something fun like that for the Enchilada.

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_ghostrider.png
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_starlord.png

Chains for 5 is kind of terrifying, and the random AP helps a lot. Plus it gets to lower improve fists, and lower all the random AP countdown.png

And it's fun.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I had a lot of fun doing the eots wave nodes with
    266 phoenix with 1 cover purple
    166 black panther 5/3/3
    153 scarlet witch 4/3/5

make criticals, boost tiles, while also diminishing their tiles.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm having a unexpectedly fun time using Moonstone + KK + Spider-man in the Maggia world of the Dr. Strange event. Spider-man would be pretty easy to swap for Black Panther, which would probably be more up most people's alley.

Anyway, I've been enjoying sitting around, letting the stones and Thugs generate some crazy strong tiles, and then stealing them.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* icon_spiderman.png 5/3/5
    3* icon_falcon.png 5/5/3
    wasp_icon.png 2/1/1

Pretty fun. For once, you can use falcon's purple. His and spidey's shields are there to be converted into strikes by wasp's yellowflag.png you can stun with spideys blue but only when you REALLY need that extra turn.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tiger Wong wrote:
    3* icon_spiderman.png 5/3/5
    3* icon_falcon.png 5/5/3
    wasp_icon.png 2/1/1

Pretty fun. For once, you can use falcon's purple. His and spidey's shields are there to be converted into strikes by wasp's yellowflag.png you can stun with spideys blue but only when you REALLY need that extra turn.
    Bird Strike Followed by tactical intuition equals many strike tiles

but remember Spidey's power has a cap on number of Protect tiles
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ultron sentries finished my health packs, so tried a lot of different things after that. One I liked and got a lot done is Blade, Spider-Man and Storm (all 3stars). They helped me greencheck most fights.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I kind of stumbled into this one during Strange:

Spidey - Bullseye - Cyclops

Rainbow coverage. Quick protect.png generation so that Bullseye has a target for his cheap purple. Quick stun. Emergency heal if you need it. Cyclops as the heavy hitter. Finish foes off with Bullseye and flood the board with strike.png
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Man. 4* Blade, 3* Strange, and Black Bolt. It's an absolute PvE bloodbath.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I usually go with the same team day after day in big enchilada (3cap/IM40/Bullseye) because it works so well. Today I wanted to try something new since I max-champed 3strange last night.

3strange (5/3/5)
    3cyclops (5/3/5)
    Iron Fist (3/5/5)

Mostly I wanted to get my shiny new Dr. Strange out and I thought 3cyke would be a good buddy since they offer a complete rainbow. I brought along IF to use his purple to feed 3cyke's black (love that animation).

Turns out I barely needed the other two. Every time a goon laid down a countdown tile, which (as I'm sure you empathize) was often, the good Doctor cut loose with his yellow. I hadn't fired off a single power and Strange chewed through the first wave all by himself. Then he shredded the second wave. I actually used Cyclops during the third wave, which wasn't goons, but by then I had enough AP for two casts of red and a black and took the wave out with minimal effort.

I've never completed the Enchilada so swiftly or with such ease.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I feel sure someone's observed this before, but Old Man Logan and Daken make a weird team thematically, but do interesting things together.

I just picked up OLM's red cover today, and I'm really enjoying the dynamic of Daken removing strike tiles which OLM dutifully puts back on the board afterwords, time and time again.
  • mckauhu
    Options
    Dormammu wrote:
    I max-champed 3strange last night.

You are kidding right? icon_eek.gif
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dormammu wrote:
    I usually go with the same team day after day in big enchilada (3cap/IM40/Bullseye) because it works so well. Today I wanted to try something new since I max-champed 3strange last night.

3strange (5/3/5)
    3cyclops (5/3/5)
    Iron Fist (3/5/5)

Mostly I wanted to get my shiny new Dr. Strange out and I thought 3cyke would be a good buddy since they offer a complete rainbow. I brought along IF to use his purple to feed 3cyke's black (love that animation).

Turns out I barely needed the other two. Every time a goon laid down a countdown tile, which (as I'm sure you empathize) was often, the good Doctor cut loose with his yellow. I hadn't fired off a single power and Strange chewed through the first wave all by himself. Then he shredded the second wave. I actually used Cyclops during the third wave, which wasn't goons, but by then I had enough AP for two casts of red and a black and took the wave out with minimal effort.

I've never completed the Enchilada so swiftly or with such ease.

Echo this strange sentiment (lol)

Basically anything and my champed strange is so much fun.

I usually pull in Punisher max and Prof x for big enchilada because they aren't that useful with their covers I have anywhere else. But today I bought in strange and I hadng even for out any tiles and strange chewed through the first three waves whilst I was still trying to build ap. I finally cast a power in wave four to finish the match haha.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2016
    Options
    mckauhu wrote:
    Dormammu wrote:
    I max-champed 3strange last night.

You are kidding right? icon_eek.gif

I got 4 covers as prizes, 2 more from progressions, 3 more from placement in Strange event and bought the rest with CP. I'm still in the 3* tier and it was totally worth the CP. He's fun.

Not max-champed. Sorry. I maxed his covers, then champed him. icon_e_confused.gif
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dr Strange Kamala Khan and anybody with a Red and/or Black Power

(Nova for me)
    anytime Nova or Strange fires a power...health burst
    anytime enemies fire power...health burst and some fire to make the baddies rethink their lifestyle choices
  • Belarin
    Belarin Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Has anyone else tried Falcon, Storm and Blade together? All 3* versions. I'm having a blast with them all in the 160- 170 level range. Multiple strike and attack tiles with protect if you need it. Not to mention Falcon's tile removal, tile ability increase and Storm's ap creation. Ignore red tiles and watch the fireworks!
  • mckauhu
    Options
    Belarin wrote:
    Has anyone else tried Falcon, Storm and Blade together? All 3* versions. I'm having a blast with them all in the 160- 170 level range. Multiple strike and attack tiles with protect if you need it. Not to mention Falcon's tile removal, tile ability increase and Storm's ap creation. Ignore red tiles and watch the fireworks!

Storm replaced with 3* mags is one of my all-time favorite teams. I try Storm thanks for advice.
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dr Strange Kamala Khan and anybody with a Red and/or Black Power

(Nova for me)
    anytime Nova or Strange fires a power...health burst
    anytime enemies fire power...health burst and some fire to make the baddies rethink their lifestyle choices

I considered this team but with Carnage instead of Nova. Granted black is passive but it could be a good defensive PVP team.