Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• AsylumTKJ
    AsylumTKJ Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    JackTenrec wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    I had lots of fun in Thick as Thieves pairing Ms Marvel with Professor X. Her yellow frequently led to match-5s, which in turn led to angry stares from the Professor. Not something I'd play outside of Carol's required node, but fun nonetheless.

I hate to be that guy, but I'm totally gonna be that guy. Inhuman Stretchiness uses purple, not yellow.

Is KK a cheaper/faster Winfinite combo than GSBW? I guess it's a tradeoff for cheaper green generation at the cost of match-5 reliability.

I think he is speaking of 2* Miss Marvel, considering she's a required character in TaT.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    AsylumTKJ wrote:
    JackTenrec wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    I had lots of fun in Thick as Thieves pairing Ms Marvel with Professor X. Her yellow frequently led to match-5s, which in turn led to angry stares from the Professor. Not something I'd play outside of Carol's required node, but fun nonetheless.

I hate to be that guy, but I'm totally gonna be that guy. Inhuman Stretchiness uses purple, not yellow.

Is KK a cheaper/faster Winfinite combo than GSBW? I guess it's a tradeoff for cheaper green generation at the cost of match-5 reliability.

I think he is speaking of 2* Miss Marvel, considering she's a required character in TaT.

Wow, reading comprehension. I am such a doofus.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Yesterday's theme: Girl Band

icon_spidergwen.png L90 1/2/0
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_jeangrey.png L131 3/1/2
    icon_kamalakhan.png L176 3/5/5

An interesting idea that failed. I made it to round four of The Big Enchilada but didn't have enough staying power. The other problem is that the only active power I used for Gwen & Jean was Gwen's red so that was the only thing triggering Kamala's passive healing.

Today's theme: X-Men Villains

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_daken.png L168 5/5/3
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_magneto.png L181 3/5/5
    icon_mystique.png L183 5/3/5

That's better. Oh, the strike tiles!
  • Mark70
    Mark70 Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    What is fistbuster? Sounds fun.
  • AsylumTKJ
    AsylumTKJ Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Mark70 wrote:
    What is fistbuster? Sounds fun.

Fistbuster is Iron Fist + Iron Man Hulkbuster.
    Use Fist purple to feed IM black.
  • SirHuggyBear
    SirHuggyBear Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Black Vortex has me hooked on Jean, Nova and Prof X. Nova lays down a bunch of strike tiles, Prof joins in with bonus tiles each time. Jean takes care of any misc. tiles that need removed and AOE damage. It's been super fun.
  • JeffCascadian
    Yesterday's theme: Changing masks

icon_daredevil.png (he's subbed for Spider-Man) L175 3/5/5
    icon_ironfist.png (he's subbed for Daredevil) LL176 3/5/5
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_spiderman.png (has also covered for Daredevil) L191 3/5/5

Pshaw. Piece of cake.

Today's theme: ??? I haven't done The Big Enchilada yet and, after over two months of not repeating teams, I'm running out of themes. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Not amazing, but still a surprisingly decent team for low-level nodes in the Simulator: 2* icon_bullseye.pngicon_gamora.pngicon_ironfist.png.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    3* icon_cyclops.png
    Switch
    5* icon_blackwidow.png 1/0/2

This is for teams that run one/two goons. So fun. My BW is obviously under covered and only at lvl 255 but still.... I run this team vs teams with goons that have Venom especially. When venom does his stun power, Red In My Ledger activates, and no free move vs cyclops or Switch. (There may be a bug though. This happened once and instead of Venom being stunned, he immediately did his other power ((can't remember the name))

Another cool thing about this team..... when Cyclops' blackflag.png fires and stuns himself, Red In My Ledger still activates and stuns the opponent.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    icon_ironman.pngicon_shehulk.pngicon_blackwidow.png

All 3 star versions. In Venom Bomb She-Hulk and GSBW are boosted. Collected IM yellow and smash board away with She-Hulk's cheap red. Usually get enough cascades to collected remaining greentile.png and purpletile.png for Sniper Rifle. Any special tiles out can get swapped by SH blue. It was a very, surprisingly, effective team.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Cyclops (3stars), Iron Fist, Doc Ock. As most of my 3stars are already champions, I generally don't use my undercovered ones anymore, but Cyclops and Doc seemed fun. And they were.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    3* Magneto, Loki and Mohawk Storm.
    These guys can beat anyone and anything.
    Try it and see,...sometimes the other team only get a few moves at the beginning.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    3* Magneto, Loki and Mohawk Storm.
    These guys can beat anyone and anything.
    Try it and see,...sometimes the other team only get a few moves at the beginning.
    It works quite well with 4* Thor instead of Magneto too. icon_e_smile.gif
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Todays TBE team:

"Handicapped" (ie use your lowest possible team and still beat TBE) For me it was:

lvl 120 icon_thing.pngicon_invisiblewoman.png
    lvl 123 icon_starlord.png

Quite a struggle! Had to use all of the team ups, they are not powerful enough to beat all the waves just by themselves.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tried a fun one today in the Class of 2016:
    Cho
    IM40
    3* Human Torch

The team basically exists to fuel fireballs and flame jet, and can put out a pretty nice chunk of damage every turn. My Cho is a 1/5/2, so the extra 1800 damage every four turns from the blue passive helps as well.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    dokiy wrote:
    :ironman: icon_shehulk.pngicon_blackwidow.png

All 3 star versions. In Venom Bomb She-Hulk and GSBW are boosted. Collected IM yellow and smash board away with She-Hulk's cheap red. Usually get enough cascades to collected remaining greentile.png and purpletile.png for Sniper Rifle. Any special tiles out can get swapped by SH blue. It was a very, surprisingly, effective team.

I tried this with IM40, She-Hulk and Iron First, and it does work really well. I particularly like using it against Carnage to turn all those attack tiles.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    In Venom Bomb I did the final nodes involving Carnage and/or Venom with Symbiotes with

star.pngstar.pngicon_magneto.png (boosted!)
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_doctoroctopus.png (boosted!)
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_hood.png

The Hood tanks only yellow. You can use Magnetos purple to destroy selected tiles, create blue and red mana which fuels Manipulation and Magnetic Flux. The Flux countdown tile can be triggered instantly with Hoods black. Hoods yellow can destroy even more annoying tiles.
  • JeffCascadian
    I haven't posted in days but I have been keeping track of my teams. Here we go:

5 Oct. Theme: Strike Zone. icon_blade.png L179 5/3/5, star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_daken.png L169 5/5/3, star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_bullseye.png L173 3/5/5

6 Oct. Theme: Spacemen. icon_silversurfer.png L270 2/1/1, icon_nova.png L152 4/4/1, icon_starlord.png L78 2/3/2

7 Oct. Theme: Injustice League. Lex Luthor (:kingpin:) L74 1/2/1, Joker (:loki:) L171 5/3/5, Dr. Polaris (:star:star.pngstar.pngicon_magneto.png) L181 3/5/5

8 Oct. Theme: Women of the Eastern Hemisphere. star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_blackwidow.png (Asia) L178 5/3/5, star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_storm.png (Africa) L182 3/5/5, icon_scarletwitch.png (Europe) L181 3/5/5

9 Oct. Theme: Furry Friends. icon_rocket.png L186 5/3/5, icon_beast.png L170 5/3/5, icon_squirrelgirl.png L173 3/5/5

10 Oct. Theme: The Worthy. star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.png L185 3/5/5, star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_storm.png L182 5/3/5, icon_vision.png L166 5/5/3

11 Oct. Theme: RRRRAAAWWWWR! icon_devildino.png L131 4/3/1, icon_silversurfer.png :270 2/1/1, star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_ironman.png L179 3/5/5

12 Oct. Theme: Get Off My Lawn! star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.png L255 1/2/1, icon_nickfury.png L147 5/3/4, star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_magneto.png L182 3/5/5

At this point, I've been doing a different team for The Big Enchilada every day since 18 July and I documented most of it. Yesterday (13 Oct), I was out of ideas, it was late, and I just wanted an easy win so I went with my old standby, the Hulkfinite team.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Two teams I found recently interesting enough to post. Been having fun to play with them, I think even higher leveled and covered they would be actually great teams:

All of them are 4-stars

"Invisible immortality"
    icon_elektra.pngicon_invisiblewoman.pngicon_falcon.png

All colors covered, Elektra is excellent shield with her shadow step, IW is there to negate effects of troublesome tiles (or potentially turn someone invisible) and Flaptain just bash through any enemy aswell making protect tiles.

"Payback time"
    icon_punisher.pngicon_wintersoldier.pngicon_cyclops.png / icon_falcon.png

You hurt me, I hurt you even worse! Punisher is pretty much one man army, but again, all colors covered (at least for me) WS steals AP, Cyc generates AP and Punisher just... Punishes!
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Azoth658 wrote:
    Hi All,

We regularly see around the whole forum people talking about their teams. Be it the infamous Fistbuster or Winfinite etc

But what we don't see it people congregating to talk about their favorite fun team combinations.

I'm not talking about brute power (unless that is what you find incredibly fun) or your specific favourite defensive team.

This is about fun. Who are you using at the moment and just having a lot fun combining together.

For example thanks to the current buffs I am enjoying:

4* Jean Grey
    3* Iron Man 40
    3* Human Torch

I'm loving the way the new IM40 can use recharge to prep a couple of Red Torch attacks and a Green Jean attack, whilst preparing his own Blue.

It allows for me to have up to three AOE attacks (if I build purple through matches) and that strong Red from Torch to finish the strongest enemy.

Anyway I look forward to seeing some what you all are tinkering with as a set up. Maybe it'll inspire some of my own combinations.

What is the Winfinite team?