Your latest fun team combination

Options

Comments

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is specific to both my roster (just luck of the draw in champions) and Divine Champions.

4*Thor/Ghost Rider/Loki.

It's a rainbow team. Since it's in Divine Champions, Thor often gets a power boost, because Ragnarok is a common opponent. I frequently see 3* Thor, and if I ever let him get a storm off, the penance stare downs him instantly. There aren't a lot of divine characters with strikes or defense, so Loki's just there to stir the pot.

On defense, I imagine GR is going to compete for red, so there's not as much punch until he's gone. Loki can convert attack and defense tiles, but if you're not playing that game GR will eventually stare, which can be very bad for health pack usage - particularly for a team relying on a single 5* for match damage/tanking.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yesterday's theme was Logan's Family.

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.png L185 3/5/5
    icon_x23.png L78 1/1/2
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_daken.png L167 5/5/3

Today starts several days along the same theme, Cap's Kooky Quartet. A bit of Avengers history: After the original Avengers broke up, Cap accepted former criminals Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, and Quicksilver onto the team. This was the roster for several issues and referred to as "Cap's Kooky Quartet." (Gosh, I hope I'm spelling "kooky" correctly.) Since I can't put all four characters on a team at once, I'm going to go through several different trios of the same four characters over the next few days.

Today's line-up is

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_captainamerica.png L179 3/5/5
    icon_scarletwitch.png L176 5/3/5
    icon_quicksilver.png L170 5/5/3
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For the 4* essential node in the first sub of Heart of Darkness, Hulkbuster (mine is 3/2/2), Ant-Man (mine is 4/3/3) and 3* Storm has been rather fun/effective. The wrong board can still wreck you, but Storm's board shake/AP gain, Ant-Man's special tile theft and both 4*'s single target damage really work well together. Sure, there's better options out there, but that's not always how I play the game... icon_e_smile.gif
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tried "ZERO DAMAGE" in TBE

icon_hulk.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_falcon.png

It wasn't so fun because it was very very slow. Almost zero damage in entire TBE, but so painfully slow that I wont do that again.
  • mckauhu
    Options
    In todays TBE:

icon_ironfist.pngicon_silversurfer.pngicon_spiderman.png

This team had no problems at all! Finished almost with full health. Perfect synergy and rainbow team! Ironfist makes it easy to collect black for Surfer and whenever purple match is made, protect tile appears and once you have 12 blacktile.png Ironfist start pummeling opponents very fast while Spidey heals and stuns if necessary. Just wonderful! Also Surfer blacktile.png generates 3 AP/turn for 3 turns + deals damage so that is very nice too. I have Surfer only 0/2/2, but it's still a monster.
  • JeffCascadian
    Options
    Continuing the variations of Cap's Kooky Quartet, yesterday was star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_captainamerica.png (179 3/5/5), icon_scarletwitch.png (177 5/3/5), star.pngstar.pngicon_hawkeye.png (107 3/5/5).

Today was star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_captainamerica.png (same), icon_quicksilver.png (170 5/5/3), star.pngstar.pngicon_hawkeye.png (also same).

Tomorrow will be the finale with icon_quicksilver.png , icon_scarletwitch.png , star.pngstar.pngicon_hawkeye.png (now level 108).
  • mckauhu
    Options
    TBE: 4-star team

icon_nickfury.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_wolverine.png (all lvl 135ish)

It is always fun to put icon_deadpool.png make "countdown for what" and after that "surgical strike". Nick Furys "demolition" also does huge damage. Only problem is that there is nobody to move tiles in early levels so have to trigger them myself. But it's ok team, save redtile.pngyellowtile.pngpurpletile.pnggreentile.png and bluetile.png then make Nick "avengers assemble" for tremendous results. Talking about multi-purpose strike!
  • TobiBlackmore
    Options
    As I'm still somewhat in the 2* transition, I'm currently rocking a pretty standard team:
    icon_storm.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_bullseye.png

All 2* characters. Storm wrecks loads of teams with blueflag.png ability, which is fueled by Magneto's purpleflag.png ability, which also fuels Magneto's redflag.png ability. Bullseye is a character I think is underrated since he passively spawns protect tiles that can reduce enemy attacks (mostly in PvE but pretty often in PvP too) to 1 damage for regular attacks. Bullseye can also spawn 2 crit tiles at once and destroy tiles to get crazy combos and fuel even more abilities.

I also really like the following combo:
    icon_jeangrey.pngicon_wolverine.png

4* Jean Grey and 3* Wolverine. Wolverine spawns has pretty strong attacks, but they produce strike tiles for the opponent. Jean Grey's purpleflag.png ability destroys these tiles while also doing a nice AoE. I don't have an appropriate third guy for this team but that's okay since I don't have a crazy amount of covers for both of these yet so they haven't reached their full potential yet.

Aside from that I also sometimes use this combo I enjoy too:
    icon_wolverine.pngicon_daken.pngicon_bullseye.png

All 2* characters. Bullseye for the same reason as my first team. Fueling up Wolverine's greenflag.png ability means producing strike tiles by Daken as well as producing strike tiles once the Wolverine activates his ability. This makes Daken's blueflag.png ability easy to use at full potential as all the strike tiles produced aren't crazy strong. Wolverine's redflag.png ability also destroys a lot of opponents with one hit. Combine this with two characters with some form of healing factor and damage reduction from Bullseye's protection tiles to get a pretty good team.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Really enjoying
    Patch icon_wolverine.png, Panther icon_blackpanther.png, Iron Fist icon_ironfist.png in this week's PvE/Balance of Power.

Strike tiles and Attack tiles go very well together.

It even works rather well with the AI since none of the abilities that overlap are ones you'll care about losing.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tomorrow will be the finale with icon_quicksilver.png , icon_scarletwitch.png , star.pngstar.pngicon_hawkeye.png (now level 108).

That's one of my favorite teams to screw around with...and unless something changes in the next ten minutes, they will get me +50 net points in defensive wins in Balance of Power as well as my best PVP finish in quite a long time. Sure it's a silly off-season event, but I'm generally terrible in PVP...
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    During BOP I tried out a few teams.

Phoenix, Pun, IM40. Takes a while to build, ends in massive overkill because Big Pun is crazy.

Cho, 4thor, IM40. Randomly popping greens and charged tiles everywhere! Pretty fun.

Dark horse favourite:
    Drax, Bobby, IM40. Very, very efficient. Got me to 1k and t5 for 3 sweet IF covers.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    XFW, Cmags, and Loki

Good color coverage, and a cascade machine. I usually fill up Magneto's red and Loki's purple first. Fire off Mags' red to get a screen full of color and hopefully trigger a cascade, then hit Loki's purple right away and get more cascading. I let that combo fill up Mags' blue and Wolvie's Green/Black (which generate more cascades). This strategy is awesome against PVE goons and I often get through matches completely unscathed. If I am unlucky and the board is slow, Magneto's yellow shield tiles provide a nice defense while I build some AP back up.

Magneto's red is great for Wolverine's black, which gets rid of all the team-up tiles and usually allowing for enough color on the board to take out an enemy with a single hit, regardless of their health.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu wrote:
    XFW, Cmags, and Loki

Good color coverage, and a cascade machine. I usually fill up Magneto's red and Loki's purple first. Fire off Mags' red to get a screen full of color and hopefully trigger a cascade, then hit Loki's purple right away and get more cascading. I let that combo fill up Mags' blue and Wolvie's Green/Black (which generate more cascades). This strategy is awesome against PVE goons and I often get through matches completely unscathed. If I am unlucky and the board is slow, Magneto's yellow shield tiles provide a nice defense while I build some AP back up.

Magneto's red is great for Wolverine's black, which gets rid of all the team-up tiles and usually allowing for enough color on the board to take out an enemy with a single hit, regardless of their health.
    This brings back so many memories...
  • JeffCascadian
    Options
    I haven't posted in a couple of days.

Two days ago the theme was "worst of the worst." These are characters I either don't like in comics, in MPQ, or both. They're all Champions now, though, so I did a team of icon_hood.png , icon_ragnarok.png , and icon_sentry.png . Geez, they do not work well together. I won but they took a major beating on the way.

Since I now have the good power for star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_hulk.png , I wanted him on a team yesterday. I paired him with icon_kamalakhan.png to feed him more greentile.png and somebody else for color coverage. I honestly don't remember who. Once Banner became Hulk, I just kept feeding him green and he kept hurting the opponents. The match damage that a character of that rarity causes just tears through enemy teams, anyway.

I've been super busy today so I haven't done TBE yet.
  • mckauhu
    Options
    With this Meet Rocket & Groot I enjoyed a lot

Boosted 3* icon_storm.png Boosted 2* icon_hawkeye.png and icon_scarletwitch.png

Won even hardest of rounds with that team! Only problem is that if you cast Storms blacktile.png it will most likely backfire so that SW can't make a critical match because of all those attack tiles.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wanted to do something with Quicksilver for some time. The boosted character list gave me a good suggestion, so I ran Fist Bump with Iron Fist, Quicksilver and Ragnarok. That's a very fun team indeed. Ragnarok's red generating blue for himself and Quicksilver, his blue charging greens to get lots of green AP with Idle Hand. Iron Fist just generating Black for Quicksilver (yet used his damaged fist power several times still), and giving a big attack tile when needed.
  • Cdubb1975
    Cdubb1975 Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Surfer, scarlet witch, and iron fist. Best I have done so far is 5 blackholes on the board at one time. I have seen a screenshot of someone who got to 8. Save up 20 pink, and have FUN! Use surfers blue on the black tiles and it is not uncommon after firing a couple pinks to cascade a character into oblivion!
  • JeffCascadian
    Options
    Yesterday's Big Enchilada theme: mammals with claws

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.png (186, 3/5/5)
    :black panther: (168, 5/3/5)
    icon_squirrelgirl.png (170, 3/5/5)
  • mckauhu
    Options
    Tried with easy nodes rather fun team:

Boosted icon_moonstone.png & icon_quicksilver.png + icon_daken.png

Despite of yellow, it's full color coverage and playing with QS seems to be fun he is the last 3* I have and not yet championed so pretty much my first time trying it really out icon_lol.gif
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I enjoy hitting the big enchilada with icon_ironfist.png + icon_blackpanther.png + 3* icon_falcon.png

They don't have any red coverage, but it's an entertaining mini-game to see how much damage I can get going from strike tiles. More than 2k by the end isn't uncommon.

Back before they toned down the later waves in the big enchilada, it was particularly amusing to see if I could manage to 1-shot the entire last wave with a single Rage of the Panther.