Your latest fun team combination

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a 4/3/4 Ultron that I'm working on, still at base level, and even like that that team is viable. There is a lot of random AP gathering though to get anything done. Sersi is only creating strikes if she is getting match-5 options, and there is nobody on this team with active, predictable board control, so you're waiting on Ultron to do strikes for you. I ended up dropping Kitty's yellow early, so the team became a defense monster pretty fast, which served to keep the match long, but nobody really came to any harm. I think it'll be worth running with all of them champed for a safe mid-season simulator climb team.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    …..Sersi is only creating strikes if she is getting match-5 options, and …
    What do you mean by this? 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited February 2022
    Options
    bbigler said:
    …..Sersi is only creating strikes if she is getting match-5 options, and …
    What do you mean by this? 
    my bad, i had that element of her purple conflated with her yellow. For whatever reason, her UI on purple won't show you that second page within a match. But regardless, I found that even using her purple on it it rarely took effect and created strikes in practice. So it took quite awhile for any strikes to show up, and I think they came from firing Ultron's red actually.

I replaced Ultron with my champed Knull just to see what happened, and I think in that situation Kitty was doing all the work more than Sersi because I wasn't getting green all that quickly.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I just went back and ran it again, and as long as you are using Purple correctly and keeping what you cast it on under 5 (which isn't always that easy it turns out), it will make a strike for you. Once you have even one though, Ultron starts replicating it.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sersi (restrict purple, use green to create blue)
    1/2 Thor
    Polaris
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Valkyrie/Sersi/Profe$$or X works pretty well. This puts (depending on your builds) purple as the highest damage color, so Bounty Hunter keeps Professor X fed, who can make a decent amount of green so long as the opponent isn't running a Wanda, and all your strikes from Valkyrie end up on yellow and are therefore easy to fortify and boost.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I mean this is no new news to anyone but of course I just champed Big Wheel so it is BW/5Thor/SC.  Just really, really amazing team with so much. You can see my post on Big Wheel's character page on how I play them but for those on the fence for BW consider this: 

1.) 5Thor - AP gathering (red/green are the important ones)
    2.) 5Thor - board shake (helps add charges to both SC and BW)
    3.) SC - his powers are amazing damage with just a few charges
    4.) SC - tanks with a few charges and then has true healings
    5.) SC - his powers also add charges to BW
    6.) BW - does great passive damage every few rounds from all of the charges
    7.) BW - his board flips shake the board
    8.) BW- his green is a good cheap quick damage (for all that 5Thor green gathering) and a precious board flip that can keep SC charges going on bad boards and his green flip can also cause cascades which fuel his own charges
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Here are two fun teams that I had a blast playing:

1) Death by Eternal Life: Monica Rambeau/Sersi/Agent Coulson

https://streamable.com/wkcba2

Eternal Life is an underrated power of Sersi because it takes a match-5 followed by 3 turns to process. What if you could create many match-5 and trigger multiple Eternal Life cds within the same turn? This team will do it beautifully 

2) Know thy Gift of Rotation: Onslaught/Sersi/Big Wheel

https://streamable.com/v8ntt4

This team can go winfinite against Wanda/Apocalypse/Colossus. The catch is you must keep SW alive. Onslaught will turn yellow to green only if SW is alive, which will help Sersi, who will create more yellow tiles. If SW is downed early, Onslaught will turn yellow to purple. Big Wheel is there to dish out 30k damage with his red against opponents.

I didn't take out SW's repeater early so this video is about 5 minute long. Winfinite starts at 40 second mark. It's normal to have 6-10 Eternal Life cds on the board with this team. I could have taken out Wanda with Big Wheel's passive rotation damage and then make normal match-3 for next 2-3 turns and let Eternal Life take out Apocalypse and Colossus. But I wanted to showcase Big Wheel's red as well.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I started running Elektra/Electro/SWitch in simulator. Even without opposing hulks the punitive damage on this team relative to their durability is atypically high. Dangerous on a few colors too.
  • marvel075
    marvel075 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Valkerie,5 Star, Star-lord, and Melinda May are Super good with each other bro. Constant yellow, and unlimited green cascades, and boardshake.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Okoye , Melinda, and Polaris has been a quick stun lock in a few turns in PvE. Usually 1 Team up match gets it rolling in SCL 10
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This isn't a "fun" team per se, but I've finally settled on my go-to group for taking out that sword-wielding Kaecilius, Blob, Polaris, and Sabretooth. Blob removes the strike tiles that have fallen to the bottom, makes protect tiles when Mr. K double-dips the matches, and slowly becomes the one on the team making the matches. Polaris increases the number of protect tiles and creates enemy strike tiles with her blue. Sabretooth occasionally increases the number of protect tiles when an enemy strike tile is matched and creates enemy strike tiles with his black. As Blob starts tanking, he's also healing back up to full. 
  • bbigler
    Options
    This isn't a "fun" team per se, but I've finally settled on my go-to group for taking out that sword-wielding Kaecilius, Blob, Polaris, and Sabretooth. Blob removes the strike tiles that have fallen to the bottom, makes protect tiles when Mr. K double-dips the matches, and slowly becomes the one on the team making the matches. Polaris increases the number of protect tiles and creates enemy strike tiles with her blue. Sabretooth occasionally increases the number of protect tiles when an enemy strike tile is matched and creates enemy strike tiles with his black. As Blob starts tanking, he's also healing back up to full. 
    I just use Shang on Kaecilius since he can take the hits and manipulate the board to match his strikes
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I've been using Colossus/Polaris/Sabretooth. colossus mitgates the damage and all three characters can produce enemy strikes actively. I would consider replacing Sabretooth with Elektr4 so you can then produce enemy strikes on 3 colors even.
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The problem with using Polaris for this is that there's always the risk of filling the board with your own strikes before you manage to remove enough of his to down him and then it becomes impossible to win.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    That’s not a real danger in my experience. 
  • bbigler
    Options
    That’s not a real danger in my experience. 
    That’s happened to me so I no longer use Polaris 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I use 5* Thor, 5* Colossus and 3* Patch.  Drain the board of green/yellow/red as many as possible, so that more black and purple are on the board. Fire Patch's green and he creates 6 purple enemy strike tiles. Colossus will also create enemy strike tiles on the board. With enough shaking, you should be able to match those purple enemy strike tiles. 

But nothing beats Patch and Hellcat with the right supports where you fire Patch's green followed by Hellcat's purple at the start of the game. I think matching 6 strike tiles is what you need to down him.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The problem with using Polaris for this is that there's always the risk of filling the board with your own strikes before you manage to remove enough of his to down him and then it becomes impossible to win.
    Match team-up tiles to leave basic tiles for Kaecilius to put his strike tile on.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I use Snaggletooth, Polaris and Okoye. I don’t fire PoPo until one or two matches needed to KO. Creed does most of the work . Oko to destroy a row when needed to make an enemy strike match.