Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• darkman84
    darkman84 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    I use collossus/3* loki/3* hawkeye - colossus protects from damage, and create enemy strikes, hawkeye produces purple on matching those strikes, loki steals AP on Casillius match 4*, and have a cheap boardshake on purple when strikes are not in preferable places. Seem week, but always works. 
  • Bifudo
    Bifudo Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2022
    Warbringa said:
    I mean this is no new news to anyone but of course I just champed Big Wheel so it is BW/5Thor/SC.  Just really, really amazing team with so much. You can see my post on Big Wheel's character page on how I play them but for those on the fence for BW consider this: 

1.) 5Thor - AP gathering (red/green are the important ones)
    2.) 5Thor - board shake (helps add charges to both SC and BW)
    3.) SC - his powers are amazing damage with just a few charges
    4.) SC - tanks with a few charges and then has true healings
    5.) SC - his powers also add charges to BW
    6.) BW - does great passive damage every few rounds from all of the charges
    7.) BW - his board flips shake the board
    8.) BW- his green is a good cheap quick damage (for all that 5Thor green gathering) and a precious board flip that can keep SC charges going on bad boards and his green flip can also cause cascades which fuel his own charges

Thanx for your input!

I also like your current roster, congrats. I will still need to invest more free time at Athens house here to achieve the same results.
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    This one's not going to be to everyone's tastes because it's slow, yet it is somehow satisfying. 

Abigail Brand + Blob + Ghostpool

I'm sure the Abigail Brand plus Blob combo is fairly obvious (Abigail loves countdowns). I picked Ghostpool as a third primarily because I still have a compulsion to have one active power for each colour, but also because of his black. Of course, to make the most of it you have to sustain damage, but Brand will heal that back (so long as it wasn't too much) with all the countdowns and repeaters and then Ghostpool retaliates. Very nice versus Polaris teams.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,126 Chairperson of the Boards
    This Shang-Chi PVP is a fun place for teams that may not work elsewhere. I started off using Rogue/SC/Killmonger on the premise that rogue can deny and accelerate red, while eating any damage from a basic red match, and then Killmonger would punish any critical production while adding a second active friendly crit creation power. It works really well, but my Rogue is 370 so your mileage will surely vary. Also bring +2 to yellow/red, black/green, and +5 crit damage boost for maximum hilarity.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2022
    Recently champed Winter Soldier. So today I went around in Sim with:
    3/5/5 Winter Soldier, 5/5/3 Coulson, 3/5/5 4* Wasp.
    Bucky actually packs quite a punch, he just needs a lot of support from team mates (he needs precise board control AND a battery). I knew he loved Coulson for his purple, but today I realised that Coulson+Wasp together can battery Bucky via countdowns going off, too!
    Once Wasp gets going buzzing all over the place, Bucky actually becomes a solid, reliable damage dealer-- not only can you always guarantee that you get 14k dmg from his red every time thanks to Coulson, it actually becomes feasable to pull this off multiple times due to all the AP coming in. Coulson in turn gets 2 high damage partners, and Wasp is the glue that keeps it all together, providing a high damage black, stuns and AP.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I really like the concept of Bucky too but I can only really play him now when he is boosted or in Balance of Power; I wish his sniper rifle did more damage to go along with the AP steal. I keep mine at 5/5/3
  • AlexR
    Yeahhh, the damage on his sniper rifle is super bad. I suspect even if they buffed the damage, the damage output would still be very mediocre and it wouldn't really change anything in terms of adding something useful on top of the AP steal. Bucky's already got 2 powers with decent damage in blue and red anyway, so I'd go the opposite:
    I actually wish his purple wouldn't do any damage at all and instead have a 2-3 turn stun attached. Basically, making it a damage-less steal version of Strange's blue in an off-color.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I really thought we'd be seeing some kind of bucky related content for the Flaptain & Winter Soldier show. I think the character is pretty cool and would have welcomed a 5* of either one.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,384 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crystal / Apoc / 5witch

Target red with Wanda’s purple.

Fire shared strength then chase red. The damage ramps up very quickly and melts teams even at higher levels.

Apocs red, crystals green, and Wanda’s purple just melt things down.
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Very much enjoyed the BRB/Polaris combo with Quake as the 3rd while she was buffed. I often skipped Polaris stuns altogether and just used Quake's blue. Once you get a decent profusion of protect tiles from Polaris you can just start spamming it, destroying your protect tiles and generating blue and green for Quake's actives. You almost always get at least enough to reach winfinite pretty quickly and once you do Quake's board shuffle hits the whole team regularly which is a nice added bonus.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,015 Chairperson of the Boards
    Adam Warlock 5/5/3 or 5/3/5
    Crystal 3/4/11 (will soon be champed)

I can champ Crystal at anytime but I’m gonna wait till I share her out and get the maximum levels. 

So Crystal seems to be a really good support character. A little healing, a little bit of tile buffing, a bit of AP generation, a bit of permanent damage etc. but her healing is really heavy. So I decided to team her up with AW because he can deal a bunch of damage but his healing has to be activated while crystals is passive. She keeps his health high while he does lots of damage with his black. 

So with these 2 I felt I needed an enhancer for AW and Crystal. So I’ve settled on……

Rogue 5/3/5

great vs ProfX and onslaught and goes well with AW to get more AP vs certain characters and have AW’s matches hit harder. She also neuters a lot of red/yellow/green match damage. 

Okoye 5/5/3

Pumps up AW’s AOE and Crystal’s cheap AOE along with her permanent damage dealers. 

Wanda

you can pretty much splash on any duo and she’ll be clutch. 

I also tried Sersi with the idea that she would take away blue as that’s the only color I wouldn’t use. But when you take away blue, she puts shields on all the yellow….. which I need to be open for AW’s traps. 

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used Adam Warlock/Crystal/Valkyrie to gain yellow aps so that Warlock can heal himself every 2 turn or so. Add on the fact that 5 out of 6 coloured aps are usable, which will trigger Crystal's healing more frequently. I used Rogue before against Colossus/Wanda/Apocalypse and chose yellow. It didn't work very well against them because AW got countered badly by them. However, it works fine against other non-Wanda teams.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,015 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used Adam Warlock/Crystal/Valkyrie to gain yellow aps so that Warlock can heal himself every 2 turn or so. Add on the fact that 5 out of 6 coloured aps are usable, which will trigger Crystal's healing more frequently. I used Rogue before against Colossus/Wanda/Apocalypse and chose yellow. It didn't work very well against them because AW got countered badly by them. However, it works fine against other non-Wanda teams.
    Scarlet Steel is a bad matchup for AW. They pretty much shut down/neuter everything that makes him work. You can deal with one or the other but both is borderline impossible no matter what AW team you’re running. 

Also I stopped using Valkyrie with AW after I saw her strikes appear on yellow tiles, thus making his purple hard to use. 
  • HoundofShadow
    I forgot about that problem. My trigger is around 2800, so most 5* match-3 won't trigger that. Alternatively, I've seen players rostering a dupe lvl 70 Valkyrie with just the red and black: keep the black trigger low (even when boosted) while avoiding her placement of strike tiles. It's one way to solve the problem but whether it's worth the 2000 HP slot is another question.

Melinda May could be an alternative but it's pretty inconsistent to trigger 10% damage against 5* with modern health unless your AW is high. 

I got him champed recently and am still exploring different teams for him. I probably try him out with Sersi to get a feel.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    It’s been awhile but I think I’ve fallen in love with a team again. 

5* Hawkeye 5/5/3
    Gargantos 5/3/5
    Mantis 5/3/5

HawkEyeball is a meta duo. It’s incredibly fast, and immensely strong. Gargantos’ blue knocks out some full health 5* characters with 18 blue AP, which is INSANELY easy to get with Hawkeye giving you 3 blue AP after every CD expires. 

I really like 5* Elektra and I can stun lock with her and HawkEyeball pretty well. 

But Mantis?….. Lolol. She adds an unstoppable element to HawkEyeball. 

See, dealing with Kitty teams was a bane when I was trying HawkEyeball/Elektra out. It was too difficult to stay ahead of Kitty’s Circuit Breaker. Elektra only steals one tile a time and it has to be made or buffed to be stolen. And if you’re going against BRB/Polaritty teams, you’re kinda screwed but it’s quite difficult to gain 10 purple to start stealing shields. 

Enter the Mantis. 

Great thing about Mantis is matching ANY enemy special tile creates a 1-turn CD. It could be Wanda’s repeater. It could be one of Apoc’s repeaters. It could be Kitty or BRBs CD. And it expires on your next turn. So when Kitty makes her circuit breaker repeater on the AIs turn, it becomes too late, and the CD expires and stuns somebody for 4 turns! Lol! And if it hits someone already stunned, it actually does more damage than Gargantos’ green passive.

And as it expires, you get 3 blue and 2 red. So when the board starts with a bunch of enemy tiles, you’ll actually welcome them, because it just means you’re gonna be stunning and putting CDs on the board. Oh and Mantis’ green is great outlet to stun lock another character for 8 AP. 

This team turns Kitty teams and Polaris teams and BRB teams into stunned ash. 
    I just saw you in PvP but skipped it. It makes a lot of sense as a new meta .
  • AlexR
    Champed 4* Cyclops today! It really bothered me that I still had no team for Kingpin (who I champed a couple months ago). Per Kingpin's character discussion thread, I tried Cyke with him and that worked great! So, going to spend the early season Sim days with:
    5/5/3 4* Kingpin + 5/5/3 4* Cyclops + Domino
    Cyke's 5 AP yellow either accelerates his own red or Kingpin's black (in my case, Kingpin) depending on who is higher level. Either is awesome. In my case, firing the cd means team ups give black AP also, so Kingpin can then blow the cd up with his black while Cyclops stores the team up APs for his red.
    Domino is mainly here for her green - easy board shake to pave a favourable board! Adding black tiles isn't strictly necessary, considering Cyclops cd can take care of that here, but it also doesn't hurt. If Cyclops overtakes Kingpin in levels though, that could be quite handy too.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    BRB 5/3/5
    4* Black Panther 5/3/5
    Polaris 3/5/5

Started MPQ with Black Panther as my favorite but eventually lost interest in him until this team. Been using it for months and recently saw someone else using it in PvP. The strategy is pretty obvious.
    1. Match as many protect tiles as possible to flood the field via Polaris.
    2. With each friendly protect tile match BRB generates blue and green AP while BP deals damage.
    3. Fire BRB blue ASAP to speed up the wave of protect tiles. If the enemy has a healer or big defender, fire Polaris blue instead.
    4. Once there are a considerable number of protect tiles, fire Polaris blue to stun the biggest threat.
    5. If at any point there is enough, fire BP yellow and/or red.
    6. Once down to the last [stunned] enemy, fire BRB green once or twice to down the last enemy.
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Akoni said:
    BRB 5/3/5
    4* Black Panther 5/3/5
    Polaris 3/5/5

Started MPQ with Black Panther as my favorite but eventually lost interest in him until this team. Been using it for months and recently saw someone else using it in PvP. The strategy is pretty obvious.
    1. Match as many protect tiles as possible to flood the field via Polaris.
    2. With each friendly protect tile match BRB generates blue and green AP while BP deals damage.
    3. Fire BRB blue ASAP to speed up the wave of protect tiles. If the enemy has a healer or big defender, fire Polaris blue instead.
    4. Once there are a considerable number of protect tiles, fire Polaris blue to stun the biggest threat.
    5. If at any point there is enough, fire BP yellow and/or red.
    6. Once down to the last [stunned] enemy, fire BRB green once or twice to down the last enemy.
    That ones an old favorite of mine. I eventually stopped playing it much as board destruction from someone like Wiccan or Rhino is generally worth more than BP's damage in a BRB/Polaris team, but I remember it fondly. On that note, powered up Wiccan has been great this cycle- generally hit for 20kish with the first hit of his green.
  • HoundofShadow
    There's another fun variation of BRB team that makes bottom tier character looks great. In this case, they allow 4* Sam Wilson to one-shot a champed 5* Colossus. I think to one-shot a 100k full health opponent is possible. The turnoff is probably the 14 red ap cost. If you can get past this high ap cost psychological barrier, Sam Wilson can be great.