Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• SupremeChefGioSupremeChefGio Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    I tried OMD/Domino/Cable in the last node and it was pretty fun.

Cable put at least three strike tiles with his yellow and helps to fortify OMD's repeater tiles. Domino helps to increase the presence of black tiles. After the first waves, it's simply watching OMD's passive repeaters go off every turn. I had 10 OMD's repeaters out by the end of wave 2. 

I thought of Goblin but it means not being able to use his black, purple and yellow active powers.

Who is OMD?
  • helix72helix72 Posts: 560 Critical Contributor

Who is OMD?

Old Man Daken (aka 5* Wolverine: Samurai Daken)
  • ZootSaxZootSax Posts: 1,809 Chairperson of the Boards
    It literally will only be useful in goon-heavy events with both Star Lord & Warmachine boosted, but I've been enjoying 4* Star Lord (3/5/5), 4* Warmachine (3/5/5) & 3* Dr Strange (5/3/5) in this round of Hearts of Darkness.  It's a stupid team (and wildly ineffective against tile movers), but it's really doing well in sub-SCL10 play....plus, you don't have to worry about health packs for anyone but Strange because if you can't use 4* SL or 4* Rhoady...does it really matter?
  • TheghouseTheghouse Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Apoc 5/4/3 soft capped at 375 but boosted is 485
    5* Hawkeye 4/3/4 soft capped at 375
    4* Coulson at 275

Cheap powers leads to lots of countdowns and tons of red AP for Apoc.  Also Apoc and Hawkeye tank Coulson colors so he's pretty protected.

I stayed in SCL9 but this would have been the time for me to give SCL 10 a real shot.
  • Mr_FMr_F Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    4* team of Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Hellcat. I used it and its just pure fun for me. Downsides: Not good agaist speciall tiles removers/steallers and is a bit slow at start. But definetly worth using.
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 4,659 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apoca-Bish-Styrio, if you have the health to revive Bishop between matches, is very effective. You’ll be swimming in yellow passively after turn 2, so make sure you are actively chasing red. Mysterio has a passive stun on that AP conversion, Which I’d forgotten about. Anyway, fun alterna-team if you want to mess around with it. I also attempted Hawkeye/Mysterio/Apocalypse, but it didn’t work nearly as well since it takes too much active jump starting.
  • GlockomaGlockoma Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Apoca-Bish-Styrio, if you have the health to revive Bishop between matches, is very effective. You’ll be swimming in yellow passively after turn 2, so make sure you are actively chasing red. Mysterio has a passive stun on that AP conversion, Which I’d forgotten about. Anyway, fun alterna-team if you want to mess around with it. I also attempted Hawkeye/Mysterio/Apocalypse, but it didn’t work nearly as well since it takes too much active jump starting.
    Yup-highly effective
  • MadScientistMadScientist Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Onslaught, 4* Professor X, 3* Black Widow. It's a modern twist on charlie's angels. While it can take a bit longer to get started, I have pulled first turn kills quite a number of times if there is a match-4 with lucky cascades on the opening board.
    Is 3* Widow even a factor on that team? Seems like a passive color changer like Domino would be better as a third if you’re already getting turn 1 wins and chasing cascades.
  • MadScientistMadScientist Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    edited 2 September 2020, 11:46
    Is 3* Widow even a factor on that team? Seems like a passive color changer like Domino would be better as a third if you’re already getting turn 1 wins and chasing cascades.
    After the initial mayhem the team plays like charlie's angels for me. Make match-5s if possible, otherwise make them with widow's purple. Repeat. Optional: use Onslaught's blue to make match-5s.
  • HoundofShadowHoundofShadow Posts: 3,383 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 2 September 2020, 13:12
    I saw a thread in Reddit about winfinite team of Polaris, BRB and Th4nos. I tried it in the last day of shield training and indeed, it is winfinite. I think this could help 4* players to finish some pick-3 nodes in SCL 10 more easily if they have BRB at the right cover.

I decided to also replace Th4nos with 2* Storm and it works equally well. I think 2* Storm is slightly helpful because she helps you to gain TU aps, so the matches won't drag for too long.

Edit: I tried with 3* Storm and she works as well. 5* Storm doesn't seem to work too well because your max green ap will be 20 instead of 30 after you use her green power. X-Force Wolverine works too. 

I think as long as it's a 10-12 ap green or blue power that can destroy 25% of the board, they should be able to replace Th4nos.
  • krakenoonkrakenoon Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I have no Th4nos, but 3Storm did get me to a winfinite in under 10 turns.
  • jp1jp1 Posts: 790 Critical Contributor
    edited 2 September 2020, 15:34
    I saw a thread in Reddit about winfinite team of Polaris, BRB and Th4nos. I tried it in the last day of shield training and indeed, it is winfinite. I think this could help 4* players to finish some pick-3 nodes in SCL 10 more easily if they have BRB at the right cover.

I decided to also replace Th4nos with 2* Storm and it works equally well. I think 2* Storm is slightly helpful because she helps you to gain TU aps, so the matches won't drag for too long.

Edit: I tried with 3* Storm and she works as well. 5* Storm doesn't seem to work too well because your max green ap will be 20 instead of 30 after you use her green power. X-Force Wolverine works too. 

I think as long as it's a 10-12 ap green or blue power that can destroy 25% of the board, they should be able to replace Th4nos.
    Namor finally gets his moment in the sun.

Edit: Nope, not even with his support at 4*
    After the initial mayhem the team plays like charlie's angels for me. Make match-5s if possible, otherwise make them with widow's purple. Repeat. Optional: use Onslaught's blue to make match-5s.
    Oh my bad, i misread you were running 4* X instead of Profe$$or X. I don't have Onslaught covered in such a way he can do his thing on a match-4, but once I get him there I'll try it with Domino and see what it does.
  • JSP869JSP869 Posts: 772 Critical Contributor
    My current fun team (if only for Fight for Wakanda) is my boosted-to-567 Daredevil, Kitty, and Polaris. A tank with a passive true heal, special tile steals and overwrites, stuns in two colors, bonus damage versus stunned opponents. Not quick, but a lot of fun :)
  • HoundofShadowHoundofShadow Posts: 3,383 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 4 October 2020, 02:38
    What happens when you put two of the worst 4* characters together and sprinkle some Magik on them? You get a machine churning out cheap powers, match-4/5 and passive stuns regularly. And they are Bishop, Mysterio and Magik.

Ideally, your Bishop is the highest levelled character so that he can tank more colours. Go for blue and yellow first. Once you have 8 blue ap, Mysterio will convert 5 of them to yellow ap. If you have 9 blue ap, he will stun a random opponent for 2 turns as well. Fire Mysterio's yellow power everytime you have 6 yellow ap. Each time you fire a power, Magik will fortify and buff the existing protect tiles, and then create two more protect tiles.

After you fire Mysterio's yellow power, try to match yellow tiles so that you will get purple ap instead. Once you have 7 purple ap, fire Mysterio's purple power and he will lay 5 blue trap tiles that deals damage.

Once there are 6 protect tiles on the board, Bishop will convert two protect tiles and 5 basic tiles to blue. When you are spamming power every turn and the opponents are getting stunned, it's a guaranteed win.  Also, because Bishop is putting protect tiles while he's in front and Magik is also creating protecting tiles and buffing special tiles, you will realise that you are taking 1 damage.
  • OJSPOJSP Posts: 805 Critical Contributor
    4*s Rocket Polaris Valkyrie are quite fun together. The team only has 4 actives in 3 colours, but you know, Polaris..
  • Michael1957Michael1957 Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Polaris/ Rockjaw (5yellow) eventually you take zero damage for the remainder of the battle . Use a 5 to tank until the friendly tiles cover half the board in about 10 moves 
    Polaris/ Rockjaw (5yellow) eventually you take zero damage for the remainder of the battle . Use a 5 to tank until the friendly tiles cover half the board in about 10 moves 
    I just tried this on the Rescue/IM40/War Machine challenge node in SCL10, and Rescue handled that situation for me real quick by turning the entire board yellow and sweeping it away lol
  • SolidusMoxSolidusMox Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    I enjoyed using Venom with BRB and Polaris when he was buffed. It was winfinate. Never thought I would like using Venom, ever.