Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2020
    For context: I chased 5* Loki and have him at 5/2/4, lvl 255. I run him occasionally, but he'd really love a reliable purple 4* feeder.
    So I'm taking the opportunity to run various characters in Lost in Time since everyone is boosted. And suddenly it hits me-- I really don't know why it never occured to me before - C4rol. C4rol can feed Loki. He will always have the strongest colour since he's a 5* which is purple. And what's more, she can make use of all the black he matches. And what's more, if some of his cds go to waste, they will still buff C4ol's tiles.
    How have I never noticed the synergy between these two?!?! Wow. Damn.
    brb, I'm now running boosted C4rol/boosted Loki on all the nodes and am stabbing all the things.

Doubles as Best MPQ moment of the day, for sure.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    I've been trying to cut the umbilical chord between Onslaught and Profe$$or X lately, and looking for new teams he can be useful on. So far in Pick 2, I really like him with Carbage. I'd been mostly using his blue to create Match Ns for that big combo, and basically overlooked that it will do 5600 pts of damage PER enemy special caught in the crosshairs. So this team allows you to populate the board with enemy specials to seed that as well as having that extra turn to generate cascades for the TU crusher move. It's not a world beating team, but it works and it's pretty fun to play.

I've also been using him in this Iceman PVP with Jessica Jones. This team is a cascade factory with a bunch of little time bombs hidden every which way. Since Onslaught (and thus the team's ) hottest color is Purple, you can have Iceman feed that back into making a cascade-happy blue board every time JJ adds some to the bank from her traps, and you have your pick of which blue you want to use. Iceman's boosted Punch a Snowman is no joke, or you can keep the cascade avalanche in motion if you want.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,714 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been trying to cut the umbilical chord between Onslaught and Profe$$or X lately, and looking for new teams he can be useful on. So far in Pick 2, I really like him with Carbage. I'd been mostly using his blue to create Match Ns for that big combo, and basically overlooked that it will do 5600 pts of damage PER enemy special caught in the crosshairs. So this team allows you to populate the board with enemy specials to seed that as well as having that extra turn to generate cascades for the TU crusher move. It's not a world beating team, but it works and it's pretty fun to play.

I've also been using him in this Iceman PVP with Jessica Jones. This team is a cascade factory with a bunch of little time bombs hidden every which way. Since Onslaught (and thus the team's ) hottest color is Purple, you can have Iceman feed that back into making a cascade-happy blue board every time JJ adds some to the bank from her traps, and you have your pick of which blue you want to use. Iceman's boosted Punch a Snowman is no joke, or you can keep the cascade avalanche in motion if you want.
    I will have to try this.  ...and now it's possible, too!  Thanks, Milestones!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited December 2020
    Cross posted from the Evergreen thread:

Negasonic (5/5/3)/5torm (5/5/3)/Onslaught (3/5/5) is a hellish cascade factory. Super fun team in Evergreen, and works okay in regular simulator. You may need to be careful against catching a bad AOE or Scuttlebutt that will remove Negasonic from play early, but usually it's fast enough with enough precision board control that that's a non-issue.

Negasonic is the Polaris of charged tiles. You'll want to balance using her green, then 5torm's green to flood the board with charge tiles, and then every time you match or destroy one, she will bust out 2x other random board tiles, and any Match-Ns will get that ONslaught nonsense. Negasonic's red will do about 9k at the levels mine is, and since everything you're doing is to charged tiles you're typically swimming in AP. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Surely not a new team, but 5* Loki/Vulture/iHulk was the only way I could get through clears 3 and 4 of this run of SCL 10’s Royal Family node. My Loki is 4/4/2 with no levels on him, but boosted for the event he was still pretty fun.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,714 Chairperson of the Boards
    Surely not a new team, but 5* Loki/Vulture/iHulk was the only way I could get through clears 3 and 4 of this run of SCL 10’s Royal Family node. My Loki is 4/4/2 with no levels on him, but boosted for the event he was still pretty fun.
    My Loki is champed... so I made use of it.
    Add in Valkyrie for the free purple AP...
    And MEHulk for a good purple outlet.  

All those crits, on a semi-constant basis?!  Ridiculous.  And FUN!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Boosted Heimdall/Shuri/50Thor is wild in this Simulator. Once you get Shuri’s red down a couple times, Heimdall is doing 100,000+ damage on his red, and shuri’s AP coupon lets his blue only cost 3ap. You can use that to double any match3 you want or make sure you cover the full spread of fortifications. Thor remains the best red battery, but you have to watch him busting open your fortifications when you aren’t looking. But firing off his green for 3ap is pretty dope too.
  • AlexR
    My latest champed 4* is Black Panther, so was looking for Panther teams. I know he goes great with Shuri, but wasn't sure beyond that.
    Found a very fun team in Black Panther/Vulture/Magik.
    Magik makes protect tiles/fortifies whenever friendly powers are fired, Vulture is very spam-y which quickly fills the board with protect tiles and Panther does damage whenever you match your protect tiles.
    (You can trade Vulture out for another spamy character, but he gives the team perfect rainbow coverage and casually batteries while he's at it, so he strikes me as the best third.)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    AlexR said:
    My latest champed 4* is Black Panther, so was looking for Panther teams. I know he goes great with Shuri, but wasn't sure beyond that.
    Found a very fun team in Black Panther/Vulture/Magik.
    Magik makes protect tiles/fortifies whenever friendly powers are fired, Vulture is very spam-y which quickly fills the board with protect tiles and Panther does damage whenever you match your protect tiles.
    (You can trade Vulture out for another spamy character, but he gives the team perfect rainbow coverage and casually batteries while he's at it, so he strikes me as the best third.)
    I liked to put Flaptain in between or Main Event Hulk when I was a 4* player. Basically anyone who has too expensive powers, makes fortifications in bulk, or makes a lot of Protects. C4ge is really good there too.
  • AlexR
    In-between? I assume you mean, in-between Panther and Shuri? Panther/Shuri/Flaptain sounds interesting, but isn't the yellow/red complete overlap an issue? And yeah, C4ge goes well with them, for sure!
    But I was kinda trying for a 4* Panther team without Shuri. ;) Because I've literally only ever seen teams suggested for him with Shuri. 4* BP seems like he has decent potential for synergy himself, protect tiles and such, so I'm curious what more can be found.   
    (That said, team suggestions for poor Flaptain are always appreciated, so will try that!)
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Seems like Polaris (yawn) would pair well with 4* panther to spam shields once they're on the board. 
    Karolina Dean has a couple of cheap powers that generate shields. Paired with Magik they might flood the board quite quickly. Nico also generates shields on yellow but, like her fellow runaway, there's quite a lot of colour overlap with BP. 
    Bishop's yellow passive might help you fire panther's blue more often. The colour overlap theme continues. 
    He might play nicely with sandman. I've never got much mileage out of sandman's purple into yellow combo but this might be a workable team. 
    If you could hit the damage threshold regularly then you could try him with 4* venom and prowler. With a fair wind you could generate and flip some enemy shields since you're likely to be chasing yellow anyway. 
    Seems like red guardian could be a good partner too if you can overlook the colour overlap. A team of red guardian, panther and Magik would create 5 shields passively for every active friendly power fired. 
    Gwenpool actively generates protects on black, which is unusual. It's quite expensive though and it makes everyone else airborne for a turn so...
    You could try and manipulate wasp's strike to protect mechanic.  Someone like Maria hill generates quite a lot of strikes quite cheaply which wasp could flip for you. 

There are a few other options: thing and fury for example, but they share a lot of the same patterns as the above. From here I think I'm out of ideas now. Certainly as far as the 4* tier is concerned. 
  • AlexR
    Thank you for compiling that list of suggestions! Yeahh, he does seem to have really big issues of color overlap with potential team members, doesn't he? Probably because they always release their protect tile powers on yellow and maaybe blue, which is thematic but bad for synergy.
    I like the Nico suggestion. I've dismissed her as a partner due to the color overlap, but her boosting means that both protect tiles are way tankier and that there might be beefy strike tiles to boost Panther's damage.
    That said, it's even harder finding a partner for them because they'd need 1) a way to replenish protect tiles more steadily and 2) more damage, since without serious protect tile spam, the team while tanky takes forever and a day. Of course, both issues are solves by 3) Polaris but (yawn).
    I tried C&D and Kingpin as yellow feeders, but neither really sped the protect tile generation up to truly efficient, Panther-useful levels. You can make this a Magik team; it takes longer and isn't as efficient as truly spam-y Magik teams and is color overlap central, but it does work better than any other Panther/Nico/third team I tried save Polaris.
    Bishop and Sandman do pair quite well with each other (been looking for a third for them!)-- I have tried adding Panther to that, and while it's not completely unworkable, ultimately Panther and Sandman conflict.
    Panther wants protect tiles on the board, Sandman's yellow will always remove all of the protect tiles if Panther got some on the board. And it only does ~5k damage, which is mindboggingly bad for such a synergy-reliant expensive ability and def not worth it to deprieve Panther of protect tiles.
    Now that I have my Panther champed, I also ran into the problem that Bishop would only tank red in that team (my BP ended up 2 levels higher, which takes blue...), nothing else which means he would barely ever generate protect tiles or blue AP.
    If you could hit the damage threshold regularly then you could try him with 4* venom and prowler. With a fair wind you could generate and flip some enemy shields since you're likely to be chasing yellow anyway.
    That's really creative, kudos!
    Unfortunately, it has issues-- for one, yeah, the damage threshold is pretty hard to hit from the get-go. So it takes a bit. Ended up moving to PvE Daken nodes in Venom Bomb for my trial runs so Prowler could steal some strike tiles, which helped. But even then, when Prowler matches and steals the protect tiles they won't count for Panther; he has to match them again to do damage with them. So you'd have to match every yellow tile on the board twice. Still, I had a lot of fun trying this, so thanks!
    Ultimately, Panther/Magik/spam-y character still seems the best bet for an efficient team. I still think Vulture does better than anyone else in the third slot since he allows the team to basically fire active powers every turn to every other turn which lets Magik spam the board with protect tiles in no time at all. However, I'm fully aware I'm relying on Vulture as a crutch a lot, so will try Karolina once I have her useable.
    Man, I wished my 3/0/2 BRB had a single yellow cover, undercovered!BRB would probably still go really well with Panther where they could double-dip matching protect tiles: damage + AP gain. But alas, my BRB continues to troll me.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    I’m not as bothered by color overlap if I’m building a Gimmick team around powers. P4nther’s protects aren’t bad, so you could try hobofist and flip them to strikes.

W4sp will flip them for you also on yellow and buff them. But really you want to flood the board with as many protects as you can so every match does bonus damage, otherwise his powers are kind of slow to get rolling.
  • obikenobi12
    obikenobi12 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    I've had fun running 3* Iron fist + 3* Luke Cage + 3* Scarlet Witch. Scarlet generates lots of purple which then Iron fist can turn into lots of black which then lets Luke Cage go on a rampage with his black power. I usually stack about 18 black ap before unleashing 3 of them and if i have Iron Fists green power it really knocks someone down quick. If you wait until you have 12 black ap and you have a a bunch of purple stored up, Iron fist can also do some good damage right away with his purple ability. 
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Not my best team, but I find 3* Dr Strange, 3* Ironman and Ragnarok extremely fun. Ironman's Yellow power that generates Red and Blue AP combined with Ragnarok's Red power that generates Blue tiles means Strange's Blue ability can shutdown the enemy team with stuns, AP drain and damage from mid-game onward. Even if there is a drought on Yellow tiles, enough Red can still get the chain going.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2021
    Heimdall/ Polaris/ Vulture is a very nice stun lock once he goes airborne, and he has two ways to get there . Heimdalls first blue use lowers 2 black and 1 blue . That keeps Vulture infinite airborne and Polaris 4 stunning every other turn 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    (Boosted) Heimdall/Old Man Logan/Magik is pretty fun. Every power you fire creates protects and specifically red strikes, and then a few of them get fortified by Magik passively. I like to get her purple down so the board is never totally dry of red, and then do whatever makes you happy with heimdall’s powers. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Having just champed Thano5,  I've been looking for interesting teams. So Far I like Apocalypse/Thano5/Onslaught in pick-3, particularly against iHulk teams. If you can drop Hulk with Shared STrength on the board, it's about 60k of "free" AOE damage in total.