Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    I decided to go wins for the first time in a long time, so I got to play a bunch of fun 5* teams in Psylocke’s PVP. 

I played a ton of Rescue since she’s my newest champ. Really really like her with Daredevil. Such natural synergy there.  Also played her with Bill but I think that combo is obvious. Finally, Yelena was a pretty decent partner. Even if many of their active abilities are ****, they cover 5/6 colors (and Psylocke covers black). Yelena will passively put strikes down which can help up the damage and get more blasts off with Rescue’s red. 

Also, Doom/Onslaught were crazy good together. Onslaught going invisible allows Doom to tank for awhile and save on packs. Also, between Onslaught’s blue and Doom’s board shuffle it can be a long time before the opponent gets to move again once you take teamups off the board. Insane fun. 

Star-Lord/Carnage was also fun. Basically I liked using Quill’s green to destroy random columns that eliminate  the enemy attack tiles but preserve the friendly tiles Carnage creates.

I was able to take down a couple high level Thorkoye teams with a two cover 5* Deadpool and 5* Murdock. Basically let Daredevil tank and heal and then clap back with Penance Fare.  What’s awesome about this is that Matt will still tank all his colors when Deadpool is champed, as they have the exact opposite colors! So in theory it should work even better down the line. 

I wanted to find a good use for Widow (my second newest 5), but can’t seem to find a fun use for her yet. She pretty much just has three expensive powers that are better done by others. Really hope she gets a rework!

• Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    qandols said:
    I recently champed Okoye (I know, she's been around for some time but RNG) and I'm trying out her Wakanda forever TU enhanced damage with other heroes. I noticed that Peggy was boosted and she is my highest levelled 4* and has solid gear. Slowing down enemies, a relatively cheap red that hits like a truck. Team up with 5* Strange and watch the goons melt like butter.
    You’ll love her with DPXF and SM2099 against non goons 
  • 111MCH111
    111MCH111 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    OJSP said:
    Kitty, Samurai Daken and Polaris are my newest favourite Apocalypse counter. Daken isn’t even fully covered yet. Sure, they’re not the fastest, but their powers counter Apocalypse’s quite effectively.
    My 5* Daken is still modest. But Kitty, Polaris, R4G is a very strong team. Now the goal is to match as much special tiles as possible, instead of protecting them.....in longer fights It is easy to get 90% of the tiles covered as protect, strike and attack. Only those white ones.....annoying team AP tiles 😜.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    OMD and cloak & dagger are pretty good to clear nodes when he’s boosted like that. She keeps feeding him black then he makes red and repeater tiles, she often adds attack tiles to help his repeaters too. It breaks the monotony of using thorkoye in pve 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    All this talk of OMD has me really hoping I can finish my 2/7/4 build before he rotates out. 1/1/1 GRDP and 2/1/2 Heimdall say he should be done already....RNG has other ideas.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    I'm a day or two of iso away from champing Cho Hulk, so I went to take him for a spin (he's lvl 209 5/5/3 right now).
    I've tried experimenting with him in the past and was seriously underwhelmed. Way I see it, the only option to really make any use of his expensive green was to run him with Vulture - which worked - but the problem was, that his green had been worse than Vulture's own green and he didn't really add much of his own other than that. So running them together felt very underwhelming and kinda pointless. The cd was also somewhat slow for feeding.
    But his rebalance actually fixed that! Now he does respectable single target damage and running 5/3/5 Vulture + 5/5/3 CHulk + red user feels much much better. I looked for a red user to add and found Valk who actually pairs amazingly with them-- for one, my Vulture is the highest level among those three, so their strongest color is black. No Vulture team of mine really enjoys encountering enemy C4rol for that reason, but Valk solves that problem elegantly with her Bounty Hunter passive. ...Which CHulk's cd triggers often. The damage by itself isn't quite enough, but the damage + a couple of match damage makes it pretty reliable to trigger it which feeds black to Vulture. So I'm happily running CHulk/Vulture/Valkyrie in Sim right now. 
    From CHulk's character thread I also picked up CHulk/Iceman/Flaptain. Which I love the idea of, since it's not just a CHulk team, but also a Flaptain team. Idea is to use CHulk to help feed Iceman's blue/green and Flaptain's there to speed up CHulk's cd on blue matches. Have tried running that too and it did work, though I'm probably better off trying again once CHulk is champed and I can respec him to 3/5/5 for this.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Chulk pairs reasonably well with Drax, adds extra damage to his CD and has broadly complementary colours. I used wasp as a third with them since she benefits from not having a blue outlet so you get regular CDs which adds up to quite a lot of chip damage. 
  • AlexR
    Oh, that's a good tip, thanks!-- I did a couple test runs and definitely saw the synergy, even though my Drax isn't useable yet. Now that CHulk's cd is only 2 turns, the cd-Drax-chip hits are regular and very nice, I like it!
    The only problem I saw was that the team's a tad slow for my taste. So it does take them a while to really do much else besides the cd-Drax chip damage. Once my Drax is in a better state, I will def try this again and see whether I prefer Wasp (more synergy) to going back to running a feeder to make this faster.
    Anyway, thank you, noted! =)
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, you're right. I always found both Drax and Chulk to be quite unsatisfying. I imagine Chulk is better since the rework (I don't really use my 4*s much any more) but I don't ever see him hitting the heights of wasp, Carol or Riri.
  • AlexR
    Well, no, he won't -- but I enjoy making teams for every single character I champ and I do try to make them fast/efficient enough to be at least viable against normal teams. (That said, my experimental teams do not have to go up against Gritty meta or similar which require special counter teams.)
    I keep track of the teams I found, make a personal tier/category list, take notes on things to try etc. This makes champing the mid or low tiers exciting for me too, new playtoys to try stuff with!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't save 2* max champs, so I'm constantly rotating through 2*DDQ teams. Having a lot of fun right now with Black Widow and Two Decorative* Blondes. There's no particular synergy, but they have rainbow actives with no real overlap (Purple and red are Moonstone and Thor's weakest powers anyhow) and a nice array of damage and utility powers.
    *OK, they're more than just decorative. But both Moonstone and Thor are pretty easy on the eyes.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    I've been "out of the loop somewhat" for the last couple years so I don't have anything near whatever the current meta is, but I did manage to make it to the 5* tier before dialing down my play.  My current favorite team is Okoye, Half-Thor, and Matt Murdock.  I find this to be a beautiful team with a powerful and deceptively deep synergy that provides a lot of options.
    1) Half-Thor gives great board-shake and each of the colors he batteries is goes towards at least one top tier power of either his own or one of his team-mates.  Fortunately the only color Thor tanks on this team is green, which you never have to match due to the generating power of Thor's passive. 
    2) Okoye is a powerhouse and easily the best support person in the game imho.  Conveniently she tanks red away from half-Thor which means that it's generally pretty easy to keep him hidden from harm's way while powering the team.  Thanks to Thor she gets a steady stream of yellow which 1) replenishes her health and 2) provides a source of team-up tiles each of which magnifies everyone's powers.  Her red is also a great single-target nuke that can eliminate a chosen row from the board. 
    3) In terms of fun factor Matt Murdock is probably my favorite player in the game.  On his own he's mildly impressive but teamed up with Okoye he absolutely murders people.  His green power is a lot of fun-- especially as you can stack them.  As a bonus his purple provides nice stun reverses a few enemy special tiles to hero strike tiles.  I have animations on and sometimes I purposely match away his green countdown time just to watch him "thwap pow" someone into oblivion. 

Anyway I know this probably isn't a very current team but it's a lot of fun.  I'm able to knock off at least one round of every SCL 10 "challenge node" I've tried. 

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been "out of the loop somewhat" for the last couple years so I don't have anything near whatever the current meta is, but I did manage to make it to the 5* tier before dialing down my play.  My current favorite team is Okoye, Half-Thor, and Matt Murdock.  I find this to be a beautiful team with a powerful and deceptively deep synergy that provides a lot of options.
    1) Half-Thor gives great board-shake and each of the colors he batteries is goes towards at least one top tier power of either his own or one of his team-mates.  Fortunately the only color Thor tanks on this team is green, which you never have to match due to the generating power of Thor's passive. 
    2) Okoye is a powerhouse and easily the best support person in the game imho.  Conveniently she tanks red away from half-Thor which means that it's generally pretty easy to keep him hidden from harm's way while powering the team.  Thanks to Thor she gets a steady stream of yellow which 1) replenishes her health and 2) provides a source of team-up tiles each of which magnifies everyone's powers.  Her red is also a great single-target nuke that can eliminate a chosen row from the board. 
    3) In terms of fun factor Matt Murdock is probably my favorite player in the game.  On his own he's mildly impressive but teamed up with Okoye he absolutely murders people.  His green power is a lot of fun-- especially as you can stack them.  As a bonus his purple provides nice stun reverses a few enemy special tiles to hero strike tiles.  I have animations on and sometimes I purposely match away his green countdown time just to watch him "thwap pow" someone into oblivion. 

Anyway I know this probably isn't a very current team but it's a lot of fun.  I'm able to knock off at least one round of every SCL 10 "challenge node" I've tried. 

Thorkoye has been a cornerstone of 5* teams since forever, yeah. I don't see a very good synergy in running them with DD though, except for his purple special tile removal + stun. His yellow passive when triggered places strikes on yellow, preventing Thor's passive from destroying and collecting them. And his green, while neat, is not often preferable over Thor's I found. 
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Some very useful 4* partners of Thorkoye for PVE are Sabretooth, Spider-Man 2099 or Polaris
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about America Chavez? I imagine her passive triggers every turn, and it's easy to hit 3 or more match-4, which triggers another of her passive that gives you additional aps in the colours of those trap tiles.

4* Human Torch Wildfire repeaters might stop spreading when there are 5 of it on the board, but you still can fire his Wildfire repeatedly. Potentially, you can have even 10 Wildfire repeaters on the board.

Valkyrie's red might be expensive but if your Okoye has a R4 Royal Talon Fighter Supporr equipped, your strongest colour will be yellow and you can chase her bounty and gain 4 yellow ap every one or two turns.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    I have try Okyo with Spider-Man 2099 and Black Cat, it is a rainbow colour. Both Black cat abilites are cheap and her black passive also can be boosted by Okyo passive. Alternative, can also use Devil Dino, since at least his green and purple are cheap.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Some very useful 4* partners of Thorkoye for PVE are Sabretooth, Spider-Man 2099 or Polaris
    Don’t forget 4* Human Torch
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    helix72 said:
    Don’t forget 4* Human Torch
    To4rch is awesome with Okoye, his green escalates super fast.

This may be an old team, but I just took Okoye/4* Cyclops/Iceman (levels 452/310/456 respectively) into simulator to mess around. Get Uncanny Strategist on the board with the first yellow fire, then chase teamup for the remainder of the match while firing off Indomitable Spirit. My relative levels mean that Iceman's yellow is my strongest color, so the teamup chase feeds the team up production, and eventually you'll pull down enough green to get those Icemans on the board for mega damage ticks. It worked handily against the Panthos based team I went up against first, failed miserably against the Polaris/Gritty team I tried it on next lol. 

I think it would be a tossup using Valkyrie instead of cyclops here, but it was fun.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    I just tried Samurine/ Okoye / Valkyrie vs a champed Gritty .  It was an easy win but possibly beginners ‘ luck .