Cupcakes,for or against?

Comments

• Beta-Ray Bill
    Beta-Ray Bill Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Id have to say each player deserves a shot equally to score the same as 75% of the players. I'm for them
  • defixu
    defixu Posts: 32
    meekersX wrote:
    I see exploiting shields as a separate issue from cupcaking. Shield exploitation is in fact the main mechanic that breaks the zero-sum nature of PvP. Far before cupcakes became a thing, people would coordinate shields to bounce hits off each other fighting their A-teams. Even now I do this, as almost all of my climb is done against A-teams since with my roster I am only able to consistently queue cupcakes when I'm above 1100 points. If you somehow got rid of cupcakes, this would still occur.

Using shields to keep points in the shard is not an exploit. As for cupcaking, it is debatable whether that is an exploit. Baking is risky and adding points to the shard is good for *everyone*, since the 25CP prog reward is significantly better than all other rewards. Making it attainable for more people is a good thing. Cupcakes are also visible to every player who's cycling through targets and is over the point threshold that allows them to q 1.3k+ targets. Everybody can benefit from them, while true exploits often only benefit the exploiter. Remember the legendary token cross-device exploit? That was an exploit.
  • OK when we are done with the conversation about cupcakes we NEED TO START A SERIOUS CONVERSATION ABOUT BROWNIES and their impact on the game.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    OK when we are done with the conversation about cupcakes we NEED TO START A SERIOUS CONVERSATION ABOUT BROWNIES and their impact on the game.

They live by Girl Scout law, and they do a lot of helpful things.

Impact: Positive!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    defixu wrote:
    Using shields to keep points in the shard is not an exploit. As for cupcaking, it is debatable whether that is an exploit.
    Only for people who don't understand what an exploit is...
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    OJSP wrote:
    I believe some brownies can make the MPQ playing experience come to live.. icon_e_wink.gif

Dude... I had the MPQ playing experience come live with me and it totally sucked. It ate all my food and always left the toilet seat up which pissed off the wife. Don't even get me started on the 1900 calls it made and stuck me with the bill.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    simonsez wrote:
    defixu wrote:
    Using shields to keep points in the shard is not an exploit. As for cupcaking, it is debatable whether that is an exploit.

I baked cupcakes for the first time today and all the neighbor kids ate them before I took them off the sill.

You would think some of the top alliances would frown on their kids from eating cupcakes before they cooled, especially if they aren't bringing cupcakes themselves.

Instead I had OMLbusters eating my cupcakes.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Buret0 wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    defixu wrote:

I baked cupcakes for the first time today and all the neighbor kids ate them before I took them off the sill.

You would think some of the top alliances would frown on their kids from eating cupcakes before they cooled, especially if they aren't bringing cupcakes themselves.

Instead I had OMLbusters eating my cupcakes.

It's not actually worth it to cupcake if you aren't coordinating it with others. That way everyone eats. I had to talk Vudu out of baking cupcakes... I understand wanting to give back, but if you don't communicate regularly then you are going to a lot of trouble with no buffer against getting hit.

That said, injecting points into a slice -- collecting hopefully easy retals -- climbing back up if you choose: these are all valid reasons to cupcake. I do it in lightning rounds to maximize post-seed teams.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wobby wrote:
    It's not actually worth it to cupcake if you aren't coordinating it with others. That way everyone eats. I had to talk Vudu out of baking cupcakes... I understand wanting to give back, but if you don't communicate regularly then you are going to a lot of trouble with no buffer against getting hit.
    I don't think it would help to communicate with people who are on record as wanting to blow up the bakery.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    A few thoughts on the matter. Seems to me a good amount of players that are anti-cupcake are also owners of high level 5* rosters. Of course they don't see a need for cakes, All non 5* teams are cakes to them. I also find it amusing the OP is in an alliance that is anti-cupcake, but bakes for each other...if you're against it, don't do it.
    Either way, I think cc and, more specifically, the proliferation of cc are a response to the clearly broken 5* mechanic of the game. The recent 4* boosts to insanity while the 3* tier is nerfed further highlights this need for players attempting to transition.
    Normally I would say the 5* anti-cupcake guys that can climb to 2k off of everyone else's work and no shields are going to be surprised when more and more players max 5* and they can't float forever. However, given the alarming amount of retirements lately....I don't know that we'll ever get to that point.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    A few thoughts on the matter. Seems to me a good amount of players that are anti-cupcake are also owners of high level 5* rosters. Of course they don't see a need for cakes, All non 5* teams are cakes to them. I also find it amusing the OP is in an alliance that is anti-cupcake, but bakes for each other...if you're against it, don't do it.
    Either way, I think cc and, more specifically, the proliferation of cc are a response to the clearly broken 5* mechanic of the game. The recent 4* boosts to insanity while the 3* tier is nerfed further highlights this need for players attempting to transition.
    Normally I would say the 5* anti-cupcake guys that can climb to 2k off of everyone else's work and no shields are going to be surprised when more and more players max 5* and they can't float forever. However, given the alarming amount of retirements lately....I don't know that we'll ever get to that point.

As a pro-cupcake 5*-haver, I welcome more people to the 5* pool. I'm far from alone in this.

It'll make PvP more than skipping the same 5 people over and over.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker

As a pro-cupcake 5*-haver, I welcome more people to the 5* pool. I'm far from alone in this.

Totally agree that there are several 5* owners that are pro-cc, play with several of them myself, and I know about q hell, simply stating that most that go "rogue" do so due to the 5* level power, IMO.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor

Im all for more people gettin there rosters to a decent level,however i think they should be earnt and not handed to them.
  • jimstarooney
    I cant control what my alliance does nor do i have the right to.some of them disagree with me too.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Im all for more people gettin there rosters to a decent level,however i think they should be earnt and not handed to them.
    Bingo. The only thing that makes meaningful impact to most rosters now is 5*s and those arent earnt, they're lucked into or 'overwhelmed the rngesus' into. Broken system = finding workarounds. I happens in business to - ever since we implemented SAP. When decent level = 5*. And 5* can't be earned, whatcha gonna do?
  • jimstarooney
    TxMoose wrote:
    Bingo. The only thing that makes meaningful impact to most rosters now is 5*s and those arent earnt, they're lucked into or 'overwhelmed the rngesus' into. Broken system = finding workarounds. I happens in business to - ever since we implemented SAP. When decent level = 5*. And 5* can't be earned, whatcha gonna do?
    The 5 star luck system is definitely broken,and is a cash grab to boot
  • Im all for more people gettin there rosters to a decent level,however i think they should be earnt and not handed to them.

So you think people should earn their 5*s, yet acknowledge that the only way to acquire them is to either get lucky, or spend $$$.
  • jimstarooney

So you think people should earn their 5*s, yet acknowledge that the only way to acquire them is to either get lucky, or spend $$$.
    Yep.a 3-4 transitioner shouldnt be moaning about the lack of 5 star pulls,instead they should be concentrating on levelling up the 4 stars that they have pulled.The 4-5 transition is entirely based on luck,thats where the problem lies.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Players of all levels are lamenting bad luck on token draws, you really think it is limited to just those at the top of the table? Last year I went 3 months pulling 2* rewards from every single event, Heroic and deadpool token whilst others were pulling what seemed nothing but gold (I know it's an exaggeration but is how it seemed at the time).
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I think making the game more cooperative, and social, is an unmitigated good for everyone. And that people who eat the cakes, but deliberately bite the bakers, are very mean-spirited.