Cupcakes,for or against?

15678911»

Comments

• kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    If people are going to do it at all, i'd advocate for it to be part of the game proper.

It undoubtedly gives people an edge. No one can deny that, otherwise people wouldn't bother doing it.

But the more people that do it, it actually only makes it easier for everyone involved. This is why I think they should legitimize the strategy by encouraging it through the actual game, that way all the mid tier and fledgling players can understand it, and utilize it.

For now, if a mid tier player with a no name alliance came on here, asking to get into a line chat to cupcake, he'd get laughed out by people in the alliances that are leveraging this strat. I know this, becuase I've tried. That should get fixed.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    kalex716 wrote:
    If people are going to do it at all, i'd advocate for it to be part of the game proper.

It undoubtedly gives people an edge. No one can deny that, otherwise people wouldn't bother doing it.

But the more people that do it, it actually only makes it easier for everyone involved. This is why I think they should legitimize the strategy by encouraging it through the actual game, that way all the mid tier and fledgling players can understand it, and utilize it.

For now, if a mid tier player with a no name alliance came on here, asking to get into a line chat to cupcake, he'd get laughed out by people in the alliances that are leveraging this strat. I know this, becuase I've tried. That should get fixed.

There is quite a bit of misinformation above. You don't have to use the Line app to find CCs, it helps a little of course. I'm in a single BC and I actually find CCs by many players that aren't in the BC I'm in. You need to know when to look. Being in line app rooms doesn't guarantee you getting CC notifications... You have to watch the room all the time.

When I bake CCs a huge amount of people find and hit my CCs. Alot of 1* and 2* players 1200 points below have hit my CCs. I'll take screenshots 1st PvP season event if you need proof. It seems to me you've never baked a CC to understand this.

CCs are a part of the game proper. Many, many, many players who don't use Line app get to find and hit CCs.
  • kalex716 wrote:

There is quite a bit of misinformation above. You don't have to use the Line app to find CCs, it helps a little of course. I'm in a single BC and I actually find CCs by many players that aren't in the BC I'm in. You need to know when to look. Being in line app rooms doesn't guarantee you getting CC notifications... You have to watch the room all the time.

When I bake CCs a huge amount of people find and hit my CCs. Alot of 1* and 2* players 1200 points below have hit my CCs. I'll take screenshots 1st PvP season event if you need proof. It seems to me you've never baked a CC to understand this.

CCs are a part of the game proper. Many, many, many players who don't use Line app get to find and hit CCs.
    This is exactly right. Baking is risky business because you open yourself up to so many people that otherwise wouldn't be able to even find you, let alone beat your A-team. And those people don't know any better. When you are in 2* land most of what you see are 2* targets, and you probably aren't constantly checking rosters to see if your 70 point 2* target has a roster filled with 4* champs. You are used to juicy targets like claiming to be worth 70 but by the time you hit them they are only worth 20. So when you see them, you attack as quickly as possible. And that behavior makes baking very dangerous. Because if one of those 2* players catches you out unshielded, he is going to hit you pretty hard.

Usually when you bake you have bounced attacks coming immediately after you put your shield up from randoms. Then over time attacks from your friends that you told you were baking come in a little later. You get hit by so many people that it fills up the incoming attack notification screen.....often more than once.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    kalex716 wrote:

Heres what you do:
    Hit a few members from a big alliance,enough times so that they target u (you will know when they target u)
    If you havent received a pm look for one of the ppl thats hit u and track them down through the line app (most ppl have same ign as their line id)
    Ask for an invite,if they refuse keep doing what you are doing,big alliances protect their pts.it makes more sense to them havin u on board than taking pts away.
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    kalex716 wrote:
    You need to know when to look.

Okay, so put the knowledge into the game proper, so everybody knows.

Thats my point. You also agreed with me, that having access to line gives you an edge in terms of coordinating it. How about a rework of the ingame alliance chat features to give everyone the same ability to do it? That seems reasonable to me.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    kalex716 wrote:
    kalex716 wrote:

Okay, so put the knowledge into the game proper, so everybody knows.

Thats my point. You also agreed with me, that having access to line gives you an edge in terms of coordinating it. How about a rework of the ingame alliance chat features to give everyone the same ability to do it? That seems reasonable to me.
    The advantage of using LINE is more about not getting attacked by others in your BC/check room than it is about finding targets. IMO that is the #1 advantage. There's of course a great benefit to being able to know when to search for targets so you don't waste time and iso skipping around in game randomly looking for something good to hit, but as mentioned before, if you check your leaderboards often, or know close to the right times to look, then it's possible to find cupcakes without being in the LINE rooms.

Also, many people baking cupcakes do it to help out random people from other alliances just as much as their own alliances. You may not be able to get into an xmen or villains room right off the bat, but that doesn't mean there aren't others out there that will be happy to have you and show you the ropes.
  • kalex716 wrote:

Heres what you do:
    Hit a few members from a big alliance,enough times so that they target u (you will know when they target u)
    If you havent received a pm look for one of the ppl thats hit u and track them down through the line app (most ppl have same ign as their line id)
    Ask for an invite,if they refuse keep doing what you are doing,big alliances protect their pts.it makes more sense to them havin u on board than taking pts away.
    It pains me to say it, but jim is actually right on this one.

I started by messaging guys that I saw frequently asking them if they were shielded before I hit them. Eventually I got ahold of someone in a chat with a big group, and someone in the group had noticed me because I kept hitting him, and they invited me in.

Most people you run in to aren't on LINE, but most bakers are. If you find a baker, try to send them a message. Thank them for the cake and ask if you can return the favor - they just might let you in, or at the very least help you make some connections with other bakeries.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    This isn't really a thread about cupcakes. It's a thread about shield hopping in disguise.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    kalex716 wrote:
    kalex716 wrote:

Okay, so put the knowledge into the forums, so udonomefoo knows.

*fixed.