Cupcakes,for or against?

Comments

• I read this entire thread a few ways but mostly it boils down to own thing. Individuals who've been luckier with their draws or have spent more money are butt hurt that others are catching up. Yes I bake and eat. And sure it's a product of a broken system. But this thread reads two ways. Those of us who coordinate to progress so that the 2+ years we've spent on their game aren't a complete waste. Or those who've spent even more time and even more money or have purely been luckier with their 5* draws get to keep us from progressing. That's ****. I'm sorry but that's the truth. Some are just upset that they've spent more or been luckier and aren't able to dominate. Yet I'll admit I don't see the known big spenders in here whining about cupcakes. You know why? Because they still hit their progressing and they still finish atop their brackets. Cupcaking isn't hurting anything or anyone. It's helping those of us who've spent years playing this game progress somehow. Rather than have the maxed 5's of luck or money beat us down so we can't progress and we quit. I doubt anyone wants that result. If people can't progress they'll quit and he way things are now progression is luck and progression. Progression is slow but it's something and the ISO shortage means even progression per event means nothing. I'm ages from having s useable 5* and that's ok. Mostly because I'm enjoying myself. I enjoy baking and bullshitting with other players who enjoy this game. Removing the possibility of progression and the cooperation hurts the game. I've met and will continue to meet awesome people outside my own alliance and I hope hat doesn't change. I'd have never thought this game would have the community it does. But I'm proud to be a part of that cooperative community and anyone is welcome. Everyone would say that.

So, OP stop whining just to whine. Because that's what this is. Whining to whine. I see your maxed 5*s and you've sniped me a bunch. It a fun game for you just as much as beating the snipe is for me. Stop whining. We're all having fun.
  • Ask I've been drinking and apologize for both my grammar and formatting. Can't figure out how to edit.
  • delita007
    delita007 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Are you people against ccs all sociopaths? We're talking about people being willing to use the power and stature they've earned through play or purchase (a good roster and excess hp) to help those below them try and achieve the same. This is a mobile game, not the Olympics. To most people helping others is the only rush left in this game. If my ccs helped at least one person hit 1300 who wouldn't have otherwise, then I'm stoked i baked. Chances are for 99% of the people complaining the supposed placement rewards you're missing out are totally meaningless. The only possible reason you could have for railing against ccs is acting like a three year old at preschool hoarding every toy cause they're his and no one else can have them. I'm assuming none of you are three since you have cell phones and can type, so grow up. Maybe try doing something nice for someone. Who knows, you might even like it?
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    938b2d2f3f44fa23d06be9d595e89828086c5d6c07590073ec8d0b868472a520.jpg
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    I read this entire thread a few ways but mostly it boils down to own thing. Individuals who've been luckier with their draws or have spent more money are butt hurt that others are catching up. Yes I bake and eat. And sure it's a product of a broken system. But this thread reads two ways. Those of us who coordinate to progress so that the 2+ years we've spent on their game aren't a complete waste. Or those who've spent even more time and even more money or have purely been luckier with their 5* draws get to keep us from progressing. That's tinykitty. I'm sorry but that's the truth. Some are just upset that they've spent more or been luckier and aren't able to dominate. Yet I'll admit I don't see the known big spenders in here whining about cupcakes. You know why? Because they still hit their progressing and they still finish atop their brackets. Cupcaking isn't hurting anything or anyone. It's helping those of us who've spent years playing this game progress somehow. Rather than have the maxed 5's of luck or money beat us down so we can't progress and we quit. I doubt anyone wants that result. If people can't progress they'll quit and he way things are now progression is luck and progression. Progression is slow but it's something and the ISO shortage means even progression per event means nothing. I'm ages from having s useable 5* and that's ok. Mostly because I'm enjoying myself. I enjoy baking and tinykitty with other players who enjoy this game. Removing the possibility of progression and the cooperation hurts the game. I've met and will continue to meet awesome people outside my own alliance and I hope hat doesn't change. I'd have never thought this game would have the community it does. But I'm proud to be a part of that cooperative community and anyone is welcome. Everyone would say that.

So, OP stop whining just to whine. Because that's what this is. Whining to whine. I see your maxed 5*s and you've sniped me a bunch. It a fun game for you just as much as beating the snipe is for me. Stop whining. We're all having fun.
    Not once have i whined.i dont have a maxed 5 star either,just a usable one,because i have been playing this game from the start.im on day 853 and through learning the mechanics of the game i have learnt when to climb and hop,when to put down a shield etc.these guys that are eating ccs from 850 up are going to be stuck when ccs are eventually elimated from the game because its the only way they know how to score high. The alliance im in and the slice im in hits ccs because we dont want our slice to become like 3 of the other 4 slices where 3k is the norm.we have been effective at doing this and will continue to do so.also in the last event hardly any1 in our bc baked and most if not all of us made t10.Im aware this could be interpreted as bullying but i disagree,and as many of you have pointed out ppl should be allowed to play how they want,this i agree on.im not a whale,to date i have spent twice on this game,both times recently on the anniversary sale and the android sale.I always say to people if you want to get ahead in this game be prepared to spend time or money.ccs are like playing a game on easy mode,ill pick hard everytime because i like the challenge and think there is more to be learnt from it.i also take greater pride in beating a maxed buffed 4 star team/fairly well covered 5 star team than in doing a 300 pt hop.the thrill in mpq for me is hopping at high lvl beating comparable teams to mine as quick as i can because i know there is someone lower down preparing to do the same to me.maybe im a dying breed in this game,i see a lot of you think there is nothing wrong with hopping from 850 to 2k hitting nothing but 2 star teams,thats fine and is yr opinion.when people start bragging that they are hitting these scores and they are suddenly a top player GTFO
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,321 Chairperson of the Boards
    The alliance im in and the slice im in hits ccs because we dont want our slice to become like 3 of the other 4 slices where 3k is the norm.we have been effective at doing this and will continue to do so.also in the last event hardly any1 in our bc baked and most if not all of us made t10.

"We have our petty reasons to disagree with a system that a group of people have created that benefits hundreds of people, but not us. (At least not in the ways we want.) So, we devised our own little system that disrupts that other system to benefit only the handful of us. I still have the nerve to publicly outcry the former system while pretending there's nothing wrong with ours. Also, I was never taught how to use a full stop and a line break."
  • jimstarooney
    Pylgrim wrote:
    The alliance im in and the slice im in hits ccs because we dont want our slice to become like 3 of the other 4 slices where 3k is the norm.we have been effective at doing this and will continue to do so.also in the last event hardly any1 in our bc baked and most if not all of us made t10.

"We have our petty reasons to disagree with a system that a group of people have created that benefits hundreds of people, but not us. (At least not in the ways we want.) So, we devised our own little system that disrupts that other system to benefit only the handful of us. I still have the nerve to publicly outcry the former system while pretending there's nothing wrong with ours. Also, I was never taught how to use a full stop and a line break."
    See,this is what i didnt want this thread to turn into.Petty name calling,sly insults and "im right,so you must all be wrong"The system im using is called player vs player which is fight for your points by whatever means necessary.if some1 is threatening yr placement hit them.if some1 wants to put out an easy team so players can have an easy go of it then hit them too.Your only allegiance is to the alliance you play in,everyone else is a target.if these bakers are helping others to threaten your ranking cut them off at the source and laugh at the butthurt messages you receive through line,because the 2 star teams that are supposed to be worth 50+pts are actually worthless now.This is my version of pvp,and i must say i enjoy it a lot more than the silly hand holding ask or wait that pvp had become for me.If people want to bake in the slice i play in i have no problem with that,not one.But be prepared to be targeted.

Also a line break?this isnt poetry my friend.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Pylgrim wrote:

See,this is what i didnt want this thread to turn into.Petty name calling,sly insults and "im right,so you must all be wrong"The system im using is called player vs player which is fight for your points by whatever means necessary.if some1 is threatening yr placement hit them.if some1 wants to put out an easy team so players can have an easy go of it then hit them too.Your only allegiance is to the alliance you play in,everyone else is a target.if these bakers are helping others to threaten your ranking cut them off at the source and laugh at the butthurt messages you receive through line,because the 2 star teams that are supposed to be worth 50+pts are actually worthless now.This is my version of pvp,and i must say i enjoy it a lot more than the silly hand holding ask or wait that pvp had become for me.If people want to bake in the slice i play in i have no problem with that,not one.But be prepared to be targeted.

So you're for baking then? After all, if there were no bakers, you wouldn't be able to play the way you're enjoying. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Personally, I never understood why anyone would want to score higher than 1300. The last PVP (R&G), I decided to try going into a shield check room for the first time. I Was extremely overwhelmed at first, and thought this is terrible, why would anyone want to play this way - all these "rules" to follow?

A funny thing happened though - I decided to try my hand at baking for the first time. So I climbed to my usual 1300 and then put out a cc team (that I actually screwed up at first LOL) and I instantly got it. It was exciting and fun - something that I hadn't been having in PVP for a loooong time. I was even considering giving my season's end notice to my alliance because I was just tired of it. But the thrill of baking - knowing I had to complete that next battle quickly or get slaughtered was the most fun I've had in PVP is ages.

I ended up climbing to 1862 (not all cupcakes, but I did have my share) - and now I get it.

It's not gaming the system. There's no rules to what team you have to play with. If my "best" character (besides my 5* of course) is a boosted IW, does that mean I must use her over my non-boosted JG?

Bottom line: Bakers gonna bake. Snipers gonna snipe. Playas gonna play.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,321 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:

Wait, so you are saying that you enjoy trolling and taking advantage of others and defend it as your "style of playing" but somehow you felt the need to create a thread to badmouth the style of playing that other people enjoy? This is just... too mindboggling.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards

Making a message as easy to read as possible is a sign of respect towards the person you're having a discussion with. It's basic courtesy.

Then again, your posts on here have made it pretty clear that thinking of others is not your strong suit.
  • jimstarooney
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

Wait, so you are saying that you enjoy trolling and taking advantage of others and defend it as your "style of playing" but somehow you felt the need to create a thread to badmouth the style of playing that other people enjoy? This is just... too mindboggling.

You are still not getting it,and trying to decrypt everything i say about the way i play into a form of bullying,its not.Its player vs player let me spell it out for you more clearly...If im hopping or climbing to shield and i see a team with good points that is not part of my alliance or in the bc i share i will hit it,2 star team 4 star team it doesnt matter to me i will hit it for as many times as i can.if i see some1 baking in the same slice as me i will call it out in our bc and if im out i will hit as many times as i can,thats the risk the bakers take im afraid.by doing this we are cutting off the supply of others that would normally climb off these ccs and then do the same,threatening our rankings because if we didnt do this then most of them would climb to 2k+,forcing us out of t10.and there the competition lies.you either let them and lose or stop them and win.and its funny!!!!
    The funny part is when u get pms saying"you could have waited"
    Lol!wait for what?your rival alliance to play catch up?
    The funny part lies in grown men/women getting mad in a game that was originally designed for children.
    I get hit all the time,mostly by these guys that are climbing to bake for their friends.Not once do i cry about it because its me vs them,pvp.i just bide my time and hit them back,when it really affects their score.
  • jimstarooney
    Der_Lex wrote:

Making a message as easy to read as possible is a sign of respect towards the person you're having a discussion with. It's basic courtesy.
    More unspoken courtesy rules?
    If you can read and follow a line it shouldnt be a problem.ill refer to my original post,please keep things civil.
  • Der_Lex
    The funny part lies in grown men/women getting mad in a game that was originally designed for children.

There's a kettle I would like you to meet. I think you two would get along.
  • jimstarooney
    Der_Lex wrote:

Any examples of me gettin mad in a game designed for kids lex?
    No didnt think so.

• You are still not getting it,and trying to decrypt everything i say about the way i play into a form of bullying,its not.Its player vs player let me spell it out for you more clearly...If im hopping or climbing to shield and i see a team with good points that is not part of my alliance or in the bc i share i will hit it,2 star team 4 star team it doesnt matter to me i will hit it for as many times as i can.if i see some1 baking in the same slice as me i will call it out in our bc and if im out i will hit as many times as i can,thats the risk the bakers take im afraid.by doing this we are cutting off the supply of others that would normally climb off these ccs and then do the same,threatening our rankings because if we didnt do this then most of them would climb to 2k+,forcing us out of t10.and there the competition lies.you either let them and lose or stop them and win.and its funny!!!!
    The funny part is when u get pms saying"you could have waited"
    Lol!wait for what?your rival alliance to play catch up?
    I get hit all the time,mostly by these guys that are climbing to bake for their friends.Not once do i cry about it because its me vs them,pvp.i just bide my time and hit them back,when it really affects their score.

You wanna know how to get t10? They hit you, you hit them back 10 times. They bake a cupcake, you burn down the bakery. *That's* the MPQ way.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, winning by whatever means necessary... unless it's cupcakes? Unless it's your way? There are no rules, except the ones you fabricate?

Do you go to soup lines and eat all the soup because the people there didn't work hard enough for it and don't deserve it? I'm just trying to understand your mentality.

You have no problem with baking... but you do... because it threatens you and your placement. Cupcakes are bad and people coordinating cupcakes are bad... but if you see one, you will eat it repeatedly and coordinate attacks on it by calling it out in your battle chat to improve your placement in the brackets...

Win by any means necessary... but not that way because I don't like it, but I'll take the points because they are there... but stop doing it... but don't stop because its fun and I enjoy it... but not the fun you're supposed to be having...

Are you bi-polar?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is leaving a 320+ Groot - 290 Starlord - 405 Hulkbuster when you have multiple championed 5* characters considered throwing a match? How about a 266 Cage-Fist? How about a 400+ Panther with two 1* characters?

Just curious where the 'integrity' of PvP line is.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex wrote:

Any examples of me gettin mad in a game designed for kids lex?
    No didnt think so.

If you really didn't get worked up about the game at all, this entire thread wouldn't exist.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is leaving a 320+ Groot - 290 Starlord - 405 Hulkbuster when you have multiple championed 5* characters considered throwing a match? How about a 266 Cage-Fist? How about a 400+ Panther with two 1* characters?

Just curious where the 'integrity' of PvP line is.

Are you are you putting them in deliberately so one of your friends can beat them? That seems to be the line.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    My issue with CCs and placement is I'm not privy to them appearing (only random encounters)... so for everyone recommending Line for baking and shield checking send me an invite to said rooms.

Line Id: hendross187

Since everytime I try to get involved, it's worse than getting into a sorority.