MPQ Sneak Peek: March 2016 Edition*Updated (03/25/16)

Options
123457»

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,225 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Crowl wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    UPCOMING PVE EVENTS
      Enemy of the State Venom Bomb Dark Avengers: Heroic

You have to wonder at times if the intention is to put people off playing this game, you follow up the beta event with a new character release on another health pack destroyer of an event and then to round things off we get a limited roster event with a negligibly covered new 4*. icon_rolleyes.gif

who said a new person was coming out? i thought their plans were

1 5 star
    1 4 star month now

guess not.

4 star on a weak pve and on easter weekend... PASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    *(03/22/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Deadpool's Daily.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    1 5 star
    1 4 star month now

guess not.

That was stated nowhere. I think, so far, the rhythm has for a while been going 4*-4*-5* and repeat. Anyway, they haven't committed to a particular release scheme. Expect things to go out of the window for Civil War as they did for Ultron last year, for example.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The release schedule is fairly consistent for at least the last 6 months:

2x 4*s every month
    1x 5* every month.

The rate *rarely* drops below that minimum. But it does occasionally spike higher around special events (the daredevil/ultron crush last year, year 2 anniversary etc). So expect several releases around civil war (is there a 4* bp variant that could be released? Is there another Spider-Man? Maybe blind Hawkeye as a 4*, or winter soldier?)

Edited because one as wrong, the rate rarely drops below one 4* every fortnight.
  • slidecage
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    The release schedule is fairly consistent for at least the last 6 months:

2x 4*s every month
    1x 5* every month.

The rate never drops below that minimum. But it does occasionally spike higher around special events (the daredevil/ultron crush last year, year 2 anniversary etc). So expect several releases around civil war (is there a 4* bp variant that could be released? Is there another Spider-Man? Maybe blind Hawkeye as a 4*, or winter soldier?)

pretty sure Jan and feb only had 1 4 star release
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, this is the first month of the year with two PvE release events.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Venom was right around the new year.

Then nova in on Feb 1.

Then spider-gwen in mid Feb.

Then quake in early March and the next new 4* next week.

So yes, there was a longer than normal gap after Venom with galactus hungers and the gauntlet both being run (when the devs we're on holiday instead of finishing their next character?).
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Venom was right around the new year.

Then nova in on Feb 1.

Then spider-gwen in mid Feb.

Then quake in early March and the next new 4* next week.

So yes, there was a longer than normal gap after Venom with galactus hungers and the gauntlet both being run (when the devs we're on holiday instead of finishing their next character?).
    They released Miles and Venom back to back though...
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The release schedule since five stars were introduced has been:
    September - Silver Surfer (09/04)
    October - Old Man Logan (10/05), Cyclops (10/09), Red Hulk (10/16) and X-23 (10/28)
    November - Phoenix (11/02) and Ghost Rider (11/26)
    December - Totally Awesome Hulk (12/02), Miles Morales (12/17) and Venom (12/24)
    January - Black Suit Spidey (01/14) and Nova (01/28)
    February - Spider-Gwen (02/11) and Norman Osborn (02/25)
    March - Quake (03/10) and Punisher Max (today)

So the average is two characters a month
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

UPCOMING VERSUS TOURNAMENTS
      Quake - Epicenter Magneto - Magnetic Mayhem Sentry - Starfall
    Wolverine (Patch) - Sharp Dressed

Well there is is, the pvp I have been fearing. The only way I can score high in pvp is with my decently covered OML but he will be weeping on the sidelines during this one.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wow a patch pvp with rulk boosted. good timing with purple will be gold. shame jean isn't boosted - was in the process of finishing jean for the last patch pvp and his green followed by her purple helped me breeze through that one. was so fun with a new jean.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    *(03/25/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Upcoming Weekly Buffs, Deadpool's Daily, PVE & Versus events.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Thank you for running the Punisher Pvp before the end of the season.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The release schedule since five stars were introduced has been:
    September - Silver Surfer (09/04)
    October - Old Man Logan (10/05), Cyclops (10/09), Red Hulk (10/16) and X-23 (10/28)
    November - Phoenix (11/02) and Ghost Rider (11/26)
    December - Totally Awesome Hulk (12/02), Miles Morales (12/17) and Venom (12/24)
    January - Black Suit Spidey (01/14) and Nova (01/28)
    February - Spider-Gwen (02/11) and Norman Osborn (02/25)
    March - Quake (03/10) and Punisher Max (today)

So the average is two characters a month

It's pretty solidly every other week, whether it is a 4* or 5*. Their current pattern of 4* to 5* is two 4* releases to every 5*, but I can't imagine they can keep <b>that</b> up - 5* releases affect so few people that the players will quickly lose interest. I imagine after the next one (since it will "fill up" both Latest and Classic Legends) they'll go back to just 4*s until they come up with their next strategy.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Looks like my 4* boosted pattern prediction I made last week was accurate...
    Red Hulk and Mr. Fantastic are the only boosted 4* they have repeated since moving to four per week (and they haven't included Quake, who is still getting new character boosts and Devil Dino, who is vaulted unless it's anniversary week). If they follow the "pattern" of the 3* rotation, they may boost Venom & Thing the following week along with two of the four characters from the following week (Ant-Man, Star-Lord, X-23, or Professor X).
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
      03/31/16 – 04/06/16 4* - Ant-Man, Star-Lord, Thing, Venom
    That means for 4* boosts the week of 04/07/16 - 04/13/16, X-23 and Professor X should be boosted. The other two will likely be two of the following: Thor, Sam Wilson, Iron Man, or Kingpin. Alternatively, they may boost Quake and just one of those four, since Quake is the only 4* (aside from Punisher) that has not been boosted since moving to four boosted 4*s per week.
  • slidecage
    Options
    Unstable Iso-8 march 31 to april 4?

wow i think this is the first time we had 2 weeks of no 7 day events. Wondering if they either finally heard people dont want 7 day events OR there is a major thing coming april 7
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:

wow i think this is the first time we had 2 weeks of no 7 day events. Wondering if they either finally heard people dont want 7 day events OR there is a major thing coming april 7
    Or it could be an april fool's joke. We enter the event on April 1st, and no matter how many days we play, the time remaining always says "3d 23h"
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

Or it could be an april fool's joke. We enter the event on April 1st, and no matter how many days we play, the time remaining always says "3d 23h"
    and the refresh timers stick at 7h59m. and every reward drop is 20 iso, even though the check is on the 500 iso. and every token pull is bagman, except for the very lucky who pull cho or susan. wow...this could go on and on.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Lol. "Let's be Frank". But then his cover says that he's Max. I'm confused
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Seeing Ragnarok as the reward for Let's be Frank makes me suspect the first off-season event will be Nefarious Foes.
    Get ready for a boosted Goblin...