MPQ Sneak Peek: March 2016 Edition*Updated (03/25/16)

Options

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looking forward to Enemy of the Stale, Vault Edition. Could be fun...
  • spghttihead
    spghttihead Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    Who was the opponent for the previous Mr Fantastic Clash of Titans? Was it a difficult one?
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Who was the opponent for the previous Mr Fantastic Clash of Titans? Was it a difficult one?

Doom. May be even more hopeless than faptain vs cmarv.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Is X-force Wolverine going to be essential in Enemy of the State? Even though he's normally locked out of the first four subs?
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Doom. May be even more hopeless than faptain vs cmarv.

Not quite, I think. Captain Marvel is litterally built to take down Sam's best powers - creating big protect tiles, buffing them, then using them to hurt you badly. She destroys all his prot tiles with 7 red, and absorbs his big hits. I have a cover-maxed, level 166 4* Falcon and I was able to do it, but it was definitely tough (and I really did most of my damage through matching, using Match damage boosts. I finished her with his Red.) I think it took three tries, but I definitely got lucky. I just barely downed her - it could have easily taken a lot more.

Reed vs Doom is tough mostly because Reed is primarily a support character and Doom is a good all-around offense machine. Doom vs Reed is really no more difficult than, for example, Doom vs Star Lord or Doom vs TaH - it's the case of a fairly bad character vs. a pretty darn good one. It will probably be a bit easier this time since they changed how 3*s scale.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Options
    Faptain vs CMarv is arguably *the* toughest DDQ4 to her being a perfect counter, but primarily it comes down to needing one specific cover. Red in this case.

Generally when having fully covered characters, level 120 is enough.

In some cases, it is not enough and the built has to be just right. In case of MrF, I think x/x/5 is essential as that is the major damage output. The match is further complicated by the fact that you have to deny a color that is useless to you (purple). Similar to Faptain vs Marv where you have to deny black. Anytime the colors mismatch and you desperately need one color to dish damage it becomes a massive challenge.

MrF and Faptain were and continue to be the toughest matchups. I dont know how chulk/miles/nova/venom/gwen and quake will fare, but at least all of them have some simple way of dealing damage.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Is X-force Wolverine going to be essential in Enemy of the State? Even though he's normally locked out of the first four subs?
    Looks like they changed to icon_ghostrider.png
  • Quebbster
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Looks like they changed to icon_ghostrider.png
    It's not the first time they get those two mixed up...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dang! was looking forward to seeing how it went with xfw lol.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    *(03/14/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus events.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Elektra? So we'll start seeing 4* tournaments on a regular basis?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2016
    Options
    ok, well looks like we have the 4cyke/iceman week. pvp will be solid iceclops all week long...

edit: and my EotS scaling will be roided up icon_e_confused.gif
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:

They're most likely doing it for the new season of Daredevil coming this Friday.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    ok, well looks like we have the 4cyke/iceman week. pvp will be solid iceclops all week long...
    Deadpool will be in the mix too
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:

She's never had her own PvP event, so to an extent they're filling in the gaps. Also, there's never been a 4* PvP event run more than once. Yet.

Still, a new 4* every couple of weeks means there's still plenty of scope for 4* PvP events, even if they're only one-offs.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm happy to see the return of a 4* PvP.
    It's always felt odd to run those events once and just scrap them forever.

I'd like to see 4* PvP's become a regular thing just kept outside of the season score events. Make them side events which end on days on pvp off days that award HUGE amounts of ISO. The events clearly target 4* and 5* players so naturally the rewards would target what they need the most.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

She's never had her own PvP event, so to an extent they're filling in the gaps. Also, there's never been a 4* PvP event run more than once. Yet.

Still, a new 4* every couple of weeks means there's still plenty of scope for 4* PvP events, even if they're only one-offs.

Yeah she did have one....many moons ago.

X-Force and IW are the only 4* to not get their own event.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Yeah she did have one....many moons ago.

X-Force and IW are the only 4* to not get their own event.

I stand corrected, it's mentioned in the PvP event list here. When I was compiling my list of PvP threads I didn't find it. Must try harder.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Options
    So the Daredevil PVP should award Elektra covers for all placement awards. I suppose that would be the true start of 4* PvP.
  • Its about tinykitty time we get 4* PVP events. They better have superior rewards than the 3* events too.