MPQ Sneak Peek: March 2016 Edition*Updated (03/25/16)

Options

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:
    It probably is a one-off promoting the new Season of Daredevil, but it could be a sign of things to come - a 4* PVP happening every so often to showcase something or another.

I have no objections, it does shake things up a bit...
    Wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have to always make guesses about stuff like that?

No argument here. I was going to echo your comment from earlier - it would definitely be nice to have a lot more communication on the forum. If not on the forum, then in-game, but I don't see that happening any time soon...

(I will say, though, it was nice to get the Women of Marvel cover poll in game, but that's hardly what I mean.)
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Punisher cover at 800...not what I was hoping to see for an older 4* featured event.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Would be awesome to have a community manager who actually plays the game...

Mildly amusing that I was playing MPQ while browsing your comment. Please desist with the insults and incorrect assumptions.

This is a sneak peek thread. Not an in-depth reveal of events. How it works is - I read an internal calendar of events and I post the basic info here when it's finalized. If the developers provide me with additional info, that will be posted as well in a separate thread.

Have a most pleasant day, Bowgentle!
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Punisher cover at 800...not what I was hoping to see for an older 4* featured event.

But it does fit in overall with the Daredevil series theme.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Did the devs skip 4* Carnage, Cyclops and Deadpool cover progressions or will we be jumping back to them after Quake's event? We went from Ant-Man to Elektra.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    David

May not be such a bad idea to give some sort of idea of your play-style eg 2* transitioner, T50 PvE'r, etc to give the community some sort of idea as to your own experiences.

We appreciate that loyalty issues etc would stop you slating aspects of the game, but it would be nice to feel that the Devs do have an idea of the issues out there.

One of the main complaints lately has been the lack of communication & despite the negativity surrounding the new event the one positive has been the communication.

I personally, and are sure many others, are fine with answers along the lines of "I don't know" or "I'm not allowed to discuss that" what is infuriating is the total silence.

As a great example there was a recent thread, started by yourself, regarding the 3* situation where the parting comment was asking for feedback - 10 pages later with loads of comments a distinct lack of any "official" response - even something along the lines of "well tough luck folks" is more palatable than silence.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    Did the devs skip 4* Carnage, Cyclops and Deadpool cover progressions or will we be jumping back to them after Quake's event? We went from Ant-Man to Elektra.
    Elektra was shoehorned in to coincide with DD season 2 on Netflix.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    *(03/18/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Upcoming Weekly Buffs, Deadpool's Daily, PVE & Versus events.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    Druss wrote:
    David

May not be such a bad idea to give some sort of idea of your play-style eg 2* transitioner, T50 PvE'r, etc to give the community some sort of idea as to your own experiences. We appreciate that loyalty issues etc would stop you slating aspects of the game, but it would be nice to feel that the Devs do have an idea of the issues out there.

One of the main complaints lately has been the lack of communication & despite the negativity surrounding the new event the one positive has been the communication. I personally, and are sure many others, are fine with answers along the lines of "I don't know" or "I'm not allowed to discuss that" what is infuriating is the total silence.

As a great example there was a recent thread, started by yourself, regarding the 3* situation where the parting comment was asking for feedback - 10 pages later with loads of comments a distinct lack of any "official" response - even something along the lines of "well tough luck folks" is more palatable than silence.

Hi Druss,

I play every day and am approaching Day 550 (I did miss some days in my first 2 weeks here). Due to time constraints I only really get to play casually. (I also play MtGPQ & ATPQ daily.) And I'm not a huge PvP'er. I used to think that was the only way to play, but I burnt out on that years ago. I get some DDQ in and dabble early in each event. I've kept my game free-to-play so I know what that experience is like. I'm still in the 2-Star transition really. I have a lot of 3-Star characters (and a few 4-Stars), but they aren't very well-covered.

I'm not a dev and I can't speak for the devs. I rely on them to provide me with info (that doesn't mean I don't also request it). My saying "I don't know" 5 times-a-day, 5 days-a-week would get old very quickly. And, as has been mentioned before, but it bears repeating, just because the devs aren't commenting in the thread doesn't mean they aren't reading.

All right, enough of my derailing the thread. Thanks for the comment!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Druss wrote:
    David

May not be such a bad idea to give some sort of idea of your play-style eg 2* transitioner, T50 PvE'r, etc to give the community some sort of idea as to your own experiences. We appreciate that loyalty issues etc would stop you slating aspects of the game, but it would be nice to feel that the Devs do have an idea of the issues out there.

One of the main complaints lately has been the lack of communication & despite the negativity surrounding the new event the one positive has been the communication. I personally, and are sure many others, are fine with answers along the lines of "I don't know" or "I'm not allowed to discuss that" what is infuriating is the total silence.

Hi Druss,

I play every day and am approaching Day 550 (I did miss some days in my first 2 weeks here). Due to time constraints I only really get to play casually. (I also play MtGPQ & ATPQ daily.) And I'm not a huge PvP'er. I used to think that was the only way to play, but I burnt out on that years ago. I get some DDQ in and dabble early in each event. I've kept my game free-to-play so I know what that experience is like. I'm still in the 2-Star transition really. I have a lot of 3-Star characters (and a few 4-Stars), but they aren't very well-covered.

I'm not a dev and I can't speak for the devs. I rely on them to provide me with info (that doesn't mean I don't also request it). My saying "I don't know" 5 times-a-day, 5 days-a-week would get old very quickly. And, as has been mentioned before, but it bears repeating, just because the devs aren't commenting in the thread doesn't mean they aren't reading.

All right, enough of my derailing the thread. Thanks for the comment!
    So Dave as a 2* transitioned how is the Ennemy of the State PVE for you? With a smaller roster is it easier to get placement? Is it scaling to fast for you? I am in 4* land with 5 max levels 4* and am seeing nodes over 350. I know this is not the thread for the PVE testing but I would love to hear your opinion.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Will Venombomb award the new character?
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    UPCOMING WEEKLY BUFFS
      03/24/16 – 03/30/16 4* - Hulk (Totally Awesome), Mr. Fantastic, Red Hulk, Spider-Gwen 3* - Black Panther, Falcon, Kamala Khan, Thor, Vision 2* - Ms. Marvel, Wolverine 1* - Hawkeye, Juggernaut

I'm like 99% sure that KK, 3*Thor and BP were buffed together previously. Tends to stick to the mind that all 3 does awesome AoE. Does anyone track the buffs list?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dark avengers might be tough to play with aoes only. you can overpower daken with aoes only for so long. and not a single good focused nuke in the bunch. rulk should be done by then at least. damn scaling.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
      03/24/16 – 03/30/16 4* - Hulk (Totally Awesome), Mr. Fantastic, Red Hulk, Spider-Gwen 3* - Black Panther, Falcon, Kamala Khan, Thor, Vision 2* - Ms. Marvel, Wolverine 1* - Hawkeye, Juggernaut

Except for Rulk, can anyone think of a worse group of 4* that have been the weekly buffed characters?
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Crowl wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Except for Rulk, can anyone think of a worse group of 4* that have been the weekly buffed characters?

Gwen seems like a quite ok 4*... now if only I had some covers...
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2016
    Options
    pabasa130 wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    UPCOMING WEEKLY BUFFS

I'm like 99% sure that KK, 3*Thor and BP were buffed together previously. Tends to stick to the mind that all 3 does awesome AoE. Does anyone track the buffs list?
    I've been tracking this on my own since the week beginning 10/15/2015. Occasionally they'll repeat a group of four buffed 3*s, but more commonly it's a group of three 3*s. I haven't really found a pattern, other than if a character hasn't been boosted for about a month they're due to come up soon:

10/15/2015: Magneto (Classic), Punisher, Rocket & Groot, Storm (Mohawk), Wolverine (Patch)
    10/22/2015: Daken (Classic), Sentry, Scarlet Witch, Spider-Man (Classic), Steve Rogers (Super Soldier)
    10/29/2015: Black Widow (Grey Suit), Deadpool (It's Me!), Doctor Octopus, Gamora, Iron Fist
    11/5/2015: Colossus, Doctor Doom, Hulk, Luke Cage, She-Hulk
    11/12/2015: Bullseye (Classic), Human Torch (Classic), Iron Man (Model 40), Loki, Vision
    11/19/2015: Beast, Captain Marvel (Modern), Daredevil, Mystique, Quicksilver
    11/26/2015: Blade, Cyclops, Hood, Psylocke, Squirrel Girl
    12/3/2015: Black Panther, Falcon, Kamala Khan, Ragnarok, Thor (Modern)
    12/10/2015: Magneto (Classic), Punisher, Rocket & Groot, Storm (Mohawk), Wolverine (Patch)
    12/17/2015: Daken (Classic), Sentry, Scarlet Witch, Doc Ock, Steve Rogers (Super Soldier)
    12/24/2015: Luke Cage, She-Hulk, Gamora, Iron Fist, Black Widow (Grey Suit)
    12/31/2015: Deadpool (It's Me!), Captain Marvel (Modern), Iron Man (Model 40), Spider-Man (Classic), Colossus
    1/7/2016: Doctor Doom, Hulk, Bullseye (Classic), Vision, Loki
    1/14/2016: Human Torch (Classic), Beast, Mystique, Daredevil, Quicksilver
    1/21/2016: Squirrel Girl, Blade, Cyclops, Hood, Psylocke
    1/28/2016: Black Panther, Falcon, Kamala Khan, Ragnarok, Thor (Modern)
    2/4/2016: Quicksilver, Punisher, Rocket & Groot, Storm (Mohawk), Wolverine (Patch)
    2/11/2016: Deadpool (It's Me!), Daken (Classic), Sentry, Scarlet Witch, Colossus
    2/18/2016: Luke Cage, She-Hulk, Steve Rogers (Super Soldier), Gamora, Iron Fist
    2/25/2016: Magneto (Classic), Doc Ock, Black Widow (Grey Suit), Captain Marvel (Modern), Spider-Man (Classic)
    3/3/2016: Doctor Doom, Hulk, Iron Man (Model 40), Human Torch (Classic), Loki
    3/10/2016: Beast, Bullseye (Classic), Cyclops, Mystique, Squirrel Girl
    3/17/2016: Blade, Daredevil, Hood, Psylocke, Punisher
    3/24/2016: Black Panther, Falcon, Kamala Khan, Vision, Thor (Modern)

Ragnarok hasn't been boosted since the week beginning 1/28/16 (when he was with BP, Falcon, KK & Thor) so I expect he will be boosted the following week.

I've also been tracking 4* boosts since they started doing four characters boosted per week:
    2/11/2016: Venom, Mr. Fantastic, Red Hulk, Thing
    2/18/2016: Ant-Man, Star-Lord, X-23, Professor X
    2/25/2016: Thor, Sam Wilson, Iron Man, Kingpin
    3/3/2016: Nova, Ghost Rider, Jean Grey, XFW
    3/10/2016: Carnage, Invisible Woman, Miles Morales, Nick Fury
    3/17/2016: Cyclops, Deadpool, Elektra, Iceman
    3/24/2016: Hulk, Mr. Fantastic, Red Hulk, Spider-Gwen

Red Hulk and Mr. Fantastic are the only boosted 4* they have repeated since moving to four per week (and they haven't included Quake, who is still getting new character boosts and Devil Dino, who is vaulted unless it's anniversary week). If they follow the "pattern" of the 3* rotation, they may boost Venom & Thing the following week along with two of the four characters from the following week (Ant-Man, Star-Lord, X-23, or Professor X).

Edited 3/23 thanks to a correction by Koffitok -- I had missed Nova, Ghost Rider, Jean Grey, and XFW being boosted the week of 3/3.
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    Options
    Crowl wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

excuse me, but what part of "Totally Awesome" dont you understand. its cho all week long baby. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Koffitok
    Koffitok Posts: 87
    Options
    2/18/2016: Venom, Mr. Fantastic, Red Hulk, Thing
    2/25/2016: Ant-Man, Star-Lord, X-23, Professor X
    3/3/2016: Thor, Sam Wilson, Iron Man, Kingpin
    3/10/2016: Carnage, Invisible Woman, Miles Morales, Nick Fury
    3/17/2016: Cyclops, Deadpool, Elektra, Iceman
    3/24/2016: Hulk, Mr. Fantastic, Red Hulk, Spider-Gwen

I expect that the next week may be Nova, Ghost Rider, Jean Grey & XFW since those are the only 4*s who haven't been boosted yet since moving to four per week (aside from Quake, who is still getting new character boosts and Devil Dino, who is vaulted unless it's anniversary week). Red Hulk and Mr. Fantastic are the only boosted 4* they have repeated in that time. But if they follow the "pattern" of the 3* rotation, they may boost Venom & Thing the following week along with two characters they haven't boosted yet.
    I think you're a week off. Nova, GR, JG, XFW were boosted the week of 3/3. The ones you list for 3/3 and the weeks before it are shifted one.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,501 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This comment is several days overdue, but I greatly appreciate when these posts (previews) are updated with DDQ info. I do realize there are threads out there that can tell you this already (as it is a repeating cycle), but they are harder to find for me than this page.

Thank you!
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    UPCOMING PVE EVENTS
      Enemy of the State Venom Bomb Dark Avengers: Heroic

You have to wonder at times if the intention is to put people off playing this game, you follow up the beta event with a new character release on another health pack destroyer of an event and then to round things off we get a limited roster event with a negligibly covered new 4*. icon_rolleyes.gif