MPQ Sneak Peek: March 2016 Edition*Updated (03/25/16)

Options

Comments

• Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Buret0 wrote:
    I wish we could get some input on boosted character weeks. Like don't boost Sam America during a week when Hulkbuster is boosted if you ever want us to use Sam. Maybe give us some CD tiles we WANT to reduce. He's super fun with R&G and OML, but you know if you aren't running HB you are going to attacked hard because he's no good when the AI uses Sam (whereas HB runs well on D, has like 10K more health, etc.).

Sure, on O you can one-shot a boosted HB for 14 redtile.png AP with 11+ protect tiles in play (which is super fun) and he's boosting my strike output by 484 for every blue match I make (also super fun with OML and R&G because it fuels more R&G strike tiles), but on D he just eats his own tiles and uses his yellow when the board is almost empty of yellows (and then eats his own protect tiles, R&G CD tiles, R&G strike tiles, OML red strike tiles, OML black strike tiles, etc.) and uses his red without protect tiles and without considering which target needs the heavy shield bomb.

I'd love to use him, but for now he's only useful in PvE and during my initial climb to 700 in PvP. After that, he's just a target on your back for a 35K health boosted HB to punch out.

It is funny, because the AI in MtgPQ is smart enough to attack your tiles and avoid their own...
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Oh good. A week-long PvE for a new 4*. Huzzah. Such fun.

A small part of me is still hoping we won't have the 4* release until after ISO-8, so it can be a 4-day event, but I'm fearing the worst here. New character releases in a 7-day PvE are just awful.
    Honestly, don't expect it to be released during ISO Brotherhood. There's no powers teaser yet, and we have a short Heroic going already with only 2 1/2 days for ISO to start. Teaser's usually up a couple days, then the reveal. Maybe they'll be quick though. Fingers crossed they won't?
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This new character release is obviously tied to the TV event, if the guesses are correct.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thank you for keeping this updated David. icon_e_smile.gif

I don't know if it is possible, but it would be amazing if you could tell the three Essentials for events beforehand.
  • antreas1911
    antreas1911 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The three essentials are the 3 ones that are placement rewards in the previous pve. This means that in iso brotherhood the three essentials are gonna be 4pool, vision, cstorm.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The three essentials are the 3 ones that are placement rewards in the previous pve. This means that in iso brotherhood the three essentials are gonna be 4pool, vision, cstorm.
    Aye, but often we have more than one PvE on deck, so to speak. Of course telling us the three reward characters for an event would be even better.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Typically they do indicate when a new character is being introduced in a PVE. Also, I would expect the preview up by now if she was going to be introduced this week.

I certainly hope this is the case - I'm going to be traveling this weekend and won't be able to play most of Friday, at all on Saturday, and most of Sunday.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Typically they do indicate when a new character is being introduced in a PVE. Also, I would expect the preview up by now if she was going to be introduced this week.

I certainly hope this is the case - I'm going to be traveling this weekend and won't be able to play most of Friday, at all on Saturday, and most of Sunday.

With the ??? in the PvP and the timing since the last new character, I'm willing to bet the plan is to release Da, um, new character during Iso8.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GrimSkald wrote:

With the ??? in the PvP and the timing since the last new character, I'm willing to bet the plan is to release Da, um, new character during Iso8.
    ??? Will be running before Iso8 ends, no new character.

??? Is an off season event and likely hasn't been locked in yet
  • antreas1911
    antreas1911 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    New character preview IS up now.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    noticed new covers for some of the ladies. hoping ??? = women of marvel. and not quake (or whoever the new 4 is).
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Really digging most of the new covers, but I'm feeling kinda sad for Devil Dino that he has to share the spotlight on his own cover now.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Really digging most of the new covers, but I'm feeling kinda sad for Devil Dino that he has to share the spotlight on his own cover now.

Yeah, that one's odd to me too. The MoonGirl+DD series is great stuff, but she just looks weirdly out of place here.

(Plus, I love that his original was the one Jack Kirby cover in the game!)
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:

Yeah, that one's odd to me too. The MoonGirl+DD series is great stuff, but she just looks weirdly out of place here.

(Plus, I love that his original was the one Jack Kirby cover in the game!)

Unless a rework into an R&G type char is incoming, then, keep the cover and put him back in tokens!!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,225 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    well in around 4 hours or less we should know if there will be tons of screaming or not

4 star in a 7 days = screaming icon_e_smile.gif
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    noticed new covers for some of the ladies. hoping ??? = women of marvel. and not quake (or whoever the new 4 is).

They usually listed off season events by name. Safe bet is that ??? is the new 4*'s PVP since they don't want to release the name of the event yet.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just champ'd Bullseye. Vision is the final 3* I have left to champ, and then I'll be done, and then no one will ever snipe or retal me in pvp again! And no new 3* cover will ever go to waste! I'm on my way to ISO,CP and HP overflow!!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    lukewin wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

They usually listed off season events by name. Safe bet is that ??? is the new 4*'s PVP since they don't want to release the name of the event yet.
    A new character pvp never happens before their pve introduction, ??? Begins on Sunday

This doesnt mean there won't be a new character for Iso 8 Brotherhood, just that ??? Isn't a new character pvp
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    at least I'm taking this heroic off. only missed 2 LRs overnight so far. at some point they have to take they're foot off the gas - how many 4*s will we end up with? 40, like the 3*s? that's too many 4s (especially since there are only about 8 key characters) unless they completely revamp event rewards and level costs. and they know we all loathe 7-day pve. blegh.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just updated for me, and icon_professorx.png is the 4 star reward for ISO Brotherhood.